Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    I've been on this board for 8 years.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      you know Im no Fever fan...
      I'm a bit taken back by that, DSB.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Absolutely! I wasn't trying to call him out in particular, just noting the way the sentiments have changed in the last three years.
        Those were 3 pretty big years.

And I really don't see what was so bad about my original quote. I was wrong about the 2012 season flying under the radar. But I hoped that I was wrong and was. And I even was happy about the respect.

My sentiments really haven't changed much. I still don't think Coach's strong suit is X's and O's. That doesn't mean he's terrible at it or he's a bad coach. I just think he's better at other things. And it really doesn't matter when he's compiled what he has in this 4 year stretch.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Evidently they know something we don't. They know GS is going to produce a Paul Miller'esque Senior season, Carl Hall will have zero health issues and will a dominant presence down low along with GS and that Toure' will find his shot. Free press and advertising which I will take any day of the week.
          This would have been a better quote to remember, since it was clearly stated tongue-in-cheek.

Too bad this guy can't really respond to it for another 7 months though.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I will go on record as saying our coach has NO weaknesses and I believe he is the best coach in this school's history and future!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              I'm a bit taken back by that, DSB.
              I still love you, Fever.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                If you say so... I was just trying to answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  If you say so... I was just trying to answer the question.
                  In which case a simple "yes" would have done just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                      We can agree to disagree. I believe some make more of statements than what may be there or they believe is there.

In any case, if JH4P's intent of a more than one word answer was to incite, the responses "fed the bear" and he succeeded.

If his reply is left alone, regardless of any intent, it goes for nothing more than an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        I still love you, Fever.
                        Thank you Ricky. And I love you too.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          We can agree to disagree. I believe some make more of statements than what may be there or they believe is there.

In any case, if JH4P's intent of a more than one word answer was to incite, the responses "fed the bear" and he succeeded.

If his reply is left alone, regardless of any intent, it goes for nothing more than an answer.
                          I think people are just basing that response off of recent history.

I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone here can do elementary math and look to the left, under his name, and see his join date.

A simple yes would have been suffice, especially given the history.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone here can do elementary math and look to the left, under his name, and see his join date.

Well, either "someone" wasn't able to do the math, didn't bother looking up his join date, or they were the first poster to yank a chain.

Speaking of yanking chains, I noticed your KC Shox quote. If he comes back before 1 year is up, will you ride him daily or note that he did ban himself for a period of time up to 1 year?

By the way, not that it may matter, but while I do believe that some of your posting tactics are over the top and tend to fan the flames, I do feel you are a valuable SN poster and glad you're here.

Comment

I have said multiple times in the past that I am not nearly as controversial as some of you try to make me out to be.

I could not ask for a better proof of this than what this thread has provided. The over-reaction and criticism for me stating “I’ve been on this board for 8 years.” is truly comical.

I would ask those who are guilty to stop it, but it is just so dang funny, I’m not sure I want them to stop.

Comment

The join date for many of the older posters on this board just reflects when this board was setup and we all moved over to it. A lot of members were around for years before this board software

Comment

Working...
                                X