No announcement yet.

Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured this is as good a place as any for today's ICT Biz Journal snippet on HCGM and WSUIAA for his paycheck.

"Why WSU isn't a paid public official"

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      I figured this is as good a place as any for today's ICT Biz Journal snippet on HCGM and WSUIAA for his paycheck.

Go Shocks!
      Can you highlight beyond HCGM being paid by WSUIAA? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Can you highlight beyond HCGM being paid by WSUIAA? Thanks.
        I think that's the whole point of the article to explain why HCGM is not on the list of highest paid WSU officials list. Good background info for those not familiar with the WSU IAA.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• It's ICAA isn't it?
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I figured this is as good a place as any for today's ICT Biz Journal snippet on HCGM and WSUIAA for his paycheck.

Go Shocks!
            Not news to me, but there are a lot of not-so-smart individuals in Wichita who could stand to read this article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              It's ICAA isn't it?
              i thought it was ICT
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                It's ICAA isn't it?
                This is what I think also but the article calls it WSUIAA. It might be a component or a wholly separate entity. ICAA goes for tix. Does anyone know?
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

This is what I think also but the article calls it WSUIAA. It might be a component or a wholly separate entity. ICAA goes for tix. Does anyone know?
                  I think the writer just saw Intercollegiate Athletic Association and accidentally dropped the C.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• "EVALUATING BILL SELF'S FUTURE AT KANSAS AND FIVE CANDIDATES TO ONE DAY REPLACE THE HALL OF FAMER"

By CBS News
                    September 24, 2018

https://wdef.com/2018/09/24/evaluati...lfs-future-at-kansas-and-five-candidates-to-one-day-replace-the-hall-of-famer/

"...So with that in mind, here are some names that could make sense when that time comes.

Gregg Marshall’s success at Wichita State has been overshadowed in Kansas by the Jayhawks.

ccess at Wichita State has been overshadowed in Kansas by the Jayhawks. USATSI

1. GREGG MARSHALL, Currently: Coach at Wichita State

Résumé: Marshall began his head coaching career in 1998 at Winthrop, where he coached until 2007. He amassed a 194-83 record during that span, including seven NCAA Tournament appearances and six first-place finishes in the Big South. He left for Wichita State in 2007, and picked up where Mark Turgeon left off by transforming the Shockers into a premier mid-major squad. They have won 25+ games in each of the last nine seasons. He’s led them to six consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances, and has thrice been named MVC Coach of the Year.

Why it could be him: No coach knows Kansas and its surrounding area — outside Self — as well as Gregg Marshall. He’s been recruiting the region and navigating it successfully for over a decade now. Of the coaches on this list, he’d arguably be the most sought after if he chose to leave Wichita State, and KU would surely find him appealing. The success he’s had everywhere, including Wichita State where he’s racked up a 286-98 record, made a Final Four, and consistently advanced in the Big Dance are all reasons he’d likely be considered.

Why it wouldn’t be him: Marshall has had the opportunity to make a leap elsewhere in the past but he’s elected to stay put at Wichita State. For one: He’s paid handsomely. And two: he’s a legend in Wichita. He is to the city of Wichita, Kansas — and the area surrounding it — what Bill Self is to Lawrence and its surrounding cities. Only obstacle is, why would Marshall leave his legendary status behind to try and replace another celestial figure cross-state? Taking a Kansas job to replace Self would be a daunting task — especially if he’s coming from a program that is a direct rival of Kansas.

2. FRED HOIBERG, Currently: Coach of the Chicago Bulls...

3. DANNY MANNING, Currently: Coach at Wake Forest...

4. JEROD HAASE, Currently: Coach at Stanford...

5. MIKE WHITE, Currently: Coach at Florida..."

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Self’s not going anywhere, stupid article. Add to the fact that the fanbase despises 3G

• WuShock16
                      WuShock16 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Disagree on this being a bad article. Self will leave KU someday. When that will be is anyone’s guess, so trying to pick who follows him is almost impossible. The article does acknowledge that.

That said, I have a better chance to be KU’s next coach than Gregg does. That’s not a slap at Gregg either. There is just no way in hell that the Beaker snobs find Gregg as an acceptable replacement.

• ShockingButTrue
                      ShockingButTrue commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They definitely find him to be a deplorable human being. A dreg even.

• I wonder how fognet took the news.

Comment

• I don't think Marshall would take the KU job for $10 mil/year.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• That time in CKA during a post-season celebration when he read out loud and on microphone and recorded - the word "Chickenhawks" pretty much guaranteed his going to KU will never happen. Since then the piles of evidence mounting up that would prevent Marshall from ever taking that job are bigger than the piles that appear behind the barns at KSU.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Nice - I needed a good laugh today!!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I don't think Marshall would take the KU job for $10 mil/year.
                            What an asinine statement. Do you seriously think Marshall would turn down a $7,000,000/year raise to coach one of the top 5 programs in the country because Self was scared to schedule WSU and Gregg loves coaching in the American so much? He'd take it in a heartbeat and we all know it. We'd hate it, but it's the truth. If he didn't his wife would kill him.
                            Obviously, KU would never offer Marshall that gig, but you must really think he's an absolute moron if you think he'd turn down that kind of offer. Unlike you, I don't think Marshall's a moron.
                            Last edited by Zubcut; September 25, 2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                              What an asinine statement. Do you seriously think Marshall would turn down a $7,000,000/year raise to coach one of the top 5 programs in the country because Self was scared to schedule WSU and Gregg loves coaching in the American so much? He'd take it in a heartbeat and we all know it. We'd hate it, but it's the truth. If he didn't his wife would kill him.
                              Obviously, KU would never offer Marshall that gig, but, you must really think he's an absolute moron if you think he'd turn down that kind of offer. Unlike you, I don't think Marshall's a moron.
                              Yes, I think he would turn it down. After all, how many jets can you charter? How many hamburgers can you eat?

Comment

Working...
                              X