Question on fan noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on fan noise

Has anybody else here been yelled at by any of their neighbors in CKA for being too loud during a game?

I'm loud. I'm never vulgar, I try not to be insulting, but I'm loud. I was especially loud at some of the officiating tonight, and it was after the chop block in the second half that the old guy sitting in front of me turned around and yelled at me to calm down.

My friends had my back, but I was determined to keep the peace in the section, so I accepted the guy's tongue-lashing and told my friends to stand-down, this was all supposed to be fun after all.

After the game I tapped the old guy on the shoulder and offered an apology. He shook my hand, and proceeded to bawl me out again - saying that I was annoying everybody in the section.

Now, I don't believe that, but I know that I am the most obnoxious person in the section, so I'm sure that I annoy somebody. Still, if I'm keeping the language PG (which I do), and I'm not being insulting to anyone (which I don't, I don't even insult the refs) isn't what I'm doing what one is supposed to do at a college basketball game?

I guess I'm missing some piece of etiquette about how to be properly loud.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Re: Question on fan noise

Originally posted by HockeyShock
    Has anybody else here been yelled at by any of their neighbors in CKA for being too loud during a game?

I'm loud. I'm never vulgar, I try not to be insulting, but I'm loud. I was especially loud at some of the officiating tonight, and it was after the chop block in the second half that the old guy sitting in front of me turned around and yelled at me to calm down.

My friends had my back, but I was determined to keep the peace in the section, so I accepted the guy's tongue-lashing and told my friends to stand-down, this was all supposed to be fun after all.

After the game I tapped the old guy on the shoulder and offered an apology. He shook my hand, and proceeded to bawl me out again - saying that I was annoying everybody in the section.

Now, I don't believe that, but I know that I am the most obnoxious person in the section, so I'm sure that I annoy somebody. Still, if I'm keeping the language PG (which I do), and I'm not being insulting to anyone (which I don't, I don't even insult the refs) isn't what I'm doing what one is supposed to do at a college basketball game?

My advice, be louder. Seriously, you pay for the seats make as much noise as you want. If you aren't being vulgar or offensive.....then what's the big deal. More fans need to be louder IMO anyway.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Old people get cranky after 5 pm.
      Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Comment

That's ridiculous. IT'S A COLLEGE BASKETBALL GAME! Not that I am at all fond of KU, but you can definately hear their fans through the TV at games--probably 90% of it is students (which, sadly was way too empty a section again tonight, but that's another story). I've not been to many college football games, but did happen to go to an Okla. State game a few years ago against A&M and even the VISITING fans were VERY LOUD! It's called SPIRIT! The players like it when we're loud. Coach Marshall I'm SURE likes it when we're loud, and in fact made some reference to it on the coach's show last night.

My advice would be the same as shockerfan's... MAKE IT LOUDER!

Comment

be as loud as you want, You are not doing anything wrong by being loud
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Just a suggestion

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

The only thing I might suggest is to make certain you aren't yelling directly into the guy's ear. If you are yelling over his head, and not down at him, I don't see a problem at all. If he still gives you a hard time, tell him to turn down his hearing aid 8)
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

All I can say is I would've replied "How about a warm glass of shut the h*** up?!"

But that's why you're a better person than I am.

Maybe they should keep some milk on the stove for the older generation of fans who don't like it so dern loud. :)

Comment

Yeah as long as you arent yelling directly in his ear or something of the sort he can take a hike.

I have been to ggames where there have been annoying people and everybody knows who those people are but thats the point of going to these games is to YELL AND CHEER.

I know one thing fellas and felletes Mr ASM has a very sore throat from yelling and screaming tonight from way up in section 126 row 33 seat 26. And I totally got TONY DANZA to work during UMBC's free throws towards the end of the game. W00T.

Even gotta couple of high 5's outta the deal.

Comment

It's because of old farts like that guy the reason why the Koch isn't as loud as it could be and also why people leave early in the game. I'm not saying all old people aren't loud in the Koch, but it's the 1/3 of them that leave early and just sit idlely by and just clap like an English Uptight that ruin the atmosphere.

Comment

Hockey:

Keep up the good work.

Be even louder Friday.

Comment

There are people in my section that are stupid loud to where I'm sure it's annoying some but not all people but I think that kind of intensity is cool and kind of funny. That said, the guy you were dealing with is a jerkoff for taking your apology and bitching you out more, that would make me so mad that I would go out of my way to be as obnoxious as possible.

I'm not a Simpsons guy, but Homer said once in an old episode something along the lines of "Marge, this ticket doesn't just give me a seat, it also gives me the right, no, the duty!......to make a complete ass of myself".

Comment

I hate all that leaving early too. I wonder what the players and the coach think when they see people filing out before the game is over. Hopefully they missed that part and don't realize it (too busy doing their jobs), but I doubt we're that lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by TDSHOX
                          Old people get cranky after 5 pm.
                          TRUE TRUE
                          ________
                          24 Advice
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Re: Question on fan noise

Originally posted by HockeyShock

That guy is another reason we need to bring back the Shocker Channel.

Guys like that need to stay home and fall asleep in their easy chairs as they watch the games on TV.

Comment

Yell all you want on Friday.

If he gets upset, tell him to go pound sand.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                              X