No announcement yet.

Question on fan noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,watch out with the cranky stuff,OK? I'm cranky all day. :D :roll: :shock:
    If it feels good - do it!

Comment

I think it depends on exactly what you're saying. I doubt that anyone has a problem with being loud at a basketball game. The only time I'm annoyed by people being loud is when they're loud and they don't know what they're talking about. Or when the opponent has a guy burying 3s right and left yet someone feels the need to yell how much they suck balls when they make a free throw. THAT'S annoying. Don't be a Bitter Betty and show some class. Other than that, be as loud as you want.

Comment

The only time I could understand someone saying something to a fan is if they are saying something outlandishly offensive or being extremely vulgar (especially around kids). But really, being loud and "annoying" is what it's all about. That is what gives the game the awesome atmosphere. I have people around me that get a little annoying because of some of the stuff they yell. Some of them come off looking like idiots, but you know I would rather them be crazy and dumb than to sit on their hands. It's fun.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Maybe our crowd needs a dose of pantera LOL

Listen up good
          I got a lot to say
          I know what I want
          And I get my own way
          I call 'em as I see 'em
          I don't play by the book (No I Don't)
          One dose of valium
          That's all it took
          I've seen it, I've done it
          I've heard it before
          Now it's my turn
          To settle the score
          I'll sing it, I'll shout it
          I'll say it again
          I don't care if they
          Never give in cause I'm

PROUD TO BE LOUD
          PROUD TO BE LOUD
          YOU KNOW I'M PROUD
          PROUD TO BE LOUD

Well I've alway believed
          In freedom of speech
          And i've always been the one
          Who practiced what I preached
          LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
          I'll give you the choice
          But it'll snow in hell
          Before I lower my voice
          I live it, I breathe it
          I gotta have more
          It's full blast
          And this means war
          The power, the glory
          Its callin' my name
          I won't start to
          Play their game cause I'm

PROUD TO BE LOUD
          PROUD TO BE LOUD
          I'M PROUD TO BE LOUD
          AND I'LL NEVER
          TURN IT DOWN AGAIN NO!!
          PROUD TO BE LOUD
          PROUD TO BE LOUD
          I'M PROUD,
          PROUD TO BE LOUD
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

So i continued to see this lady and some poeple she was sith standing up cheering while all the other non student were sittin behind her and her group.
            I know how its a big deal for the older folks.
            Then my buddy. Pointed out that it was Gregg Marshalls Wife.

Big shout out to her! and everyone standing because they are at a basketball game not a FourHmeeting.

And who cares what people think. Tell them to keep their convictions to themselves.

Go Shox.
            What a game!
            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

"It was louder than duke tonight." Florida State AD after fsu played in CKA in the NIT.

EVERYONE WAS STANDING
              EVERYONE WAS YELLING.
              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Hockey, was his name Dennis?

Comment

re:

I personally think the crowd is a JOKE this year. Excitement and noise level is the lowest its been in years. I don't get it. I guess our fans just now expect to win and don't get too excited anymore. This isn't the atmosphere Marshall was expecting when he signed on.

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
                    Hockey, was his name Dennis?
                    No, he's down in the Bold Gold section. We don't contribute enough ... yet.

What kills me is that a fellow Shockernet person had given us their Row 14 tix for the Wyoming game, and those people LOVED us. Maybe I need to scrounge up some more SASO money so I can sit with some people who give a darn.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                      "It was louder than duke tonight." Florida State AD after fsu played in CKA in the NIT.

EVERYONE WAS STANDING
                      EVERYONE WAS YELLING.
                      Big difference in that game, many non-season ticket holders got lower bowl seating, The student section was on top of its game then. And the older crowd seemed to stay home. That all led to one loud ball game, I can remember my ears ringing afterwards.

Comment

Hockey, take some packaged earplugs with you and hand them out to anyone that gripes. Then yell all you want.

A few years ago, when Craig Steven was a player, Renee sat right behind me at a game and whistled like crazy (mostly when Craig was out there) Although it nearly blew my eardrums out, I never said a word. That's what it's all about.

I really miss being able to come to the games and seeing all of you Shockermaniacs !!!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Be Loud Be Proud! I Yell Like I am in the front row of a hockey game. All the way in 118 row 28.

Just because some have labeled this a rebuilding/learning year doesn't mean the crowd should sit on their hands. Get up and Scream, Yell, Bellow, Shout and if you need help follow the lead of the cheerleaders or the band!

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox

EVERYONE WAS STANDING
                            EVERYONE WAS YELLING.
                            Clip from the FSU game of Pickett's shot. Frickin crazy.

It sounds unbelievably loud! Loudest I remember is when we beat OkState in '97 (?) and that was during the down years.

Comment

Be Loud BRO. BE LOUD. I get loud during games and I'll get some looks from this lady in front of me but she never says anything. I guess I got better neighbors. I wish I had more people around me that were loud like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocka Lutha King
                                Be Loud Be Proud! I Yell Like I am in the front row of a hockey game. All the way in 118 row 28.

Just because some have labeled this a rebuilding/learning year doesn't mean the crowd should sit on their hands. Get up and Scream, Yell, Bellow, Shout and if you need help follow the lead of the cheerleaders or the band!
                                Whoa! Hold up! 118 row 28? I'm in 118 row 30! According to the old guy, you should be annoyed by me!

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Working...
                                X