No announcement yet.

Maryland Baltimore County Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember ever being told to stand until both teams score.

Currently, I thought that the crowd was supposed to stand and clap until the opponent scores. However, I remember it being the opposite in years past. I think it is up to the Coach.

In my opinion, standing and clapping "for defense" is the better way. I would rather have that pressure on the opponent to score not WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      One thing I have never understood is the standing at the beginning of each half until 'both' teams score. I was brought up with you stand until 'your' team scores ONLY.
      In the past we stood and clapped until the Shocks scored. Now we clapp for defense. We stand and clap until the opponent scores. Stand For Defense.

I don't remember exactly when we made the change, but most of our Coaches like this better than Stand For Offense, included HCGM.

HCGM likes the energy behind the Shocks more on the defensive end then on the offensive end.

Comment

Turgeon switched it to "stand for defense".

Marshall has said he likes it that way.

No need to change it. If the team gets more benefit, who are we to object?

Comment

Im all for standing the whole game.

and depending on where im sitting I do just that.

Comment

I'll never forget my first shocker game...standing...hooting and hollerin the whole game for the shocks in a defensive struggle and the crowd really behind them on the defensive end.

After about 10 mins the lady behind me very rudely told me she didnt spend money to look at the back of my t-shirt.

I pointed out I wasn't the only one standing, and that if she wanted a better view she shouldn't be sitting in the VERY LAST ROW!! (We were in row 33 i believe, the next to last row anyway!)

Comment

Marshall would like for us to even stand and clap even if the first opponent's points are from the free throw line. So basically stand until the first opponent field goal.

I say just stand the whole game :D
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We could stand until HCGM announces, "you may be seated"...
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

That is an outstanding idea, get a recording of Marshall saying "you may now be seated", perhaps some other recordings, say after a dunk he could say "can you give me an amen?", a loose ball dive.."that's what I'm talking about!", and a soft "oh my" after a three pointer.
                  Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockdawg
                    That is an outstanding idea, get a recording of Marshall saying "you may now be seated", perhaps some other recordings, say after a dunk he could say "can you give me an amen?", a loose ball dive.."that's what I'm talking about!", and a soft "oh my" after a three pointer.
                    I'm sorry but this is not a good idea.

Comment

Put me on record: We STOMP this team tomorrow. Look at my record, I am a pessimist and not given to hyperbole about our team. I don't think we're great, I just think this MBC team is a paper tiger. Just to put my money where my mouth is I make this promise:
                      I will get drunk after the game if we don't win by fifteen. :goshocks:
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                        We could stand until HCGM announces, "you may be seated"...
                        That'll work!!! :clap:
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Little worried about this game, I'm going to be hopeful and predict a close win....

WSU 68
                          UMBC 64
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Kansas-Sedgwick Co. 74
                            Maryland-Baltimore Co. 65

Comment

Scouting Report

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                                One thing I have never understood is the standing at the beginning of each half until 'both' teams score. I was brought up with you stand until 'your' team scores ONLY.
                                Randy Smithson started the clap for defense during his attempts to convert Shocker Basketball to UglyBall.

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                                X