No announcement yet.

Maryland Baltimore County Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDR has it. Basically, if the ball comes to rest it's a violation.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Then they really need to call it tight in all cases. I have no problem if they're gonna call it for Gal's high dribbles, but then you need to call it when a guy is swinging the ball from side to side and having the same effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn
        Then they really need to call it tight in all cases. I have no problem if they're gonna call it for Gal's high dribbles, but then you need to call it when a guy is swinging the ball from side to side and having the same effect.
        I agree. I had no problem with Gal's calls in isolation, but I felt that there were at least a half dozen other times that it could have been called on others in that game (guy's on both teams), but the only person that was whistled was Gal.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Originally posted by dregn
          Then they really need to call it tight in all cases. I have no problem if they're gonna call it for Gal's high dribbles, but then you need to call it when a guy is swinging the ball from side to side and having the same effect.
          I agree. I had no problem with Gal's calls in isolation, but I felt that there were at least a half dozen other times that it could have been called on others in that game (guy's on both teams), but the only person that was whistled was Gal.
          And the same ref made the calls. Like I said, hot buttons....

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
            toldyouso...........STFU.......don't call me names you jerk. HOMER? Sorry, not me. No, I can't appreciate the fact that they don't blow their whistles. I HATE THAT!!! I STILL THINK BASKETBALL IS A GAME OF GRACE AND SKILL.
            How can it be GRACEFUL when the whistle is blowing every time down the freakin' court, HOMER!?! Nice "STFU." If I wrote that I'd be gone because I'm sub-1,200 posts. Anyways, I digress. How in the world can you not appreciate a game where the refs don't decide it? Blowing the whistle takes away from these athletes' GRACE AND SKILL. How can you not understand that, HOMER?? You've been wathcing way too many MVC-reffed games. And, no, I am no Big 12 troll as you all suggest me to be. Just a Shox fan who wishes they were in a different conference that doesn't have the refs micro-manage the games.

Comment

• Get back on the short bus and just go away.....

Comment

• tolduso, I cant' believe there's a poster with only 18 posts who I already consider an IDIOT and a JERK. A poster who CALLS OUT regular posters here as "HOMERS". We're all HOMERS here.

See, I can capitalize every other word too. It's not hard.

Most SN posters are pretty lenient of differing attitudes, but we espect those attitudes to be posted with a bit of respect toward other posters and most importantly yoward the Shox.

I don't pay much attention to who said something unless it's extremely insightful, very well-said, criticism with valid supporting evidence, or just plain idiocy. I can't believe I've actually remembered the name of a poster with 18 posts. Sadly, it's not for any of the good reasons.

tolduso, don't put your hopes in a career in diplomacy.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Why would anyone want to watch a game that the refs don't call anything? That's not basketball. The refs job is to call the game according to the rules. Basketball is played in the gray areas though and not all of it's black and white. But if you let the players pound the crap out of eachother that isn't much fun to watch. The refs should call the game and the players should use thier skill and adapt to the way it's called. That's not to say that the refs can't or shouldn't adapt some to how the game is played. But what tolduso is suggesting just makes me want to puke. If I called games like that I wouldn't be working anymore.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• pin and tolduso, I'm calling the truce in this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                      Stuff:

1. Sometimes, to get folks' attention, you have to sit them down. You carry, you sit.

2. Now for the starting line-up for the Wichita State Shockers - Thomasson, Clemente, Durley, Cousinard and Braeuer. Due to pig headedness, Mekel will be sitting for awhile.

3. I am pretty sure the first half last night was the best the Shockers have played this year. They may have played about as well as they can play.

4. If Ellis and/or Griskenas can get their offense going, then the Shockers have a shot at a nice season, despite the 5 weakness.

5. Players have to adjust to the officials. It is true, whether you are talking about wide strikes or palming the ball. Most refs have hot buttons of one kind or another.

Coach Parcells had a standard practice of monitoring all of the officiating crews in the NFL to learn of their hot buttons. Before each game, Coach Parcells briefed the players on the hot buttons of game officials. Coach Parcells would not put up with dumb fouls.

Last night, I might give 2 ut-ohs to Gal on the palming calls. On the third, Gal was being pig headed. All players know the difference between carrying and not carrying. Of course, players want to push the envelop as much as possible to gain advantage over the defender.

6. I thought the switching on ball screens, when Greene was the offensive player, left something to be desired.

7. When a player is hot, I believe the defender should get right in the face of the offensive player and stay there, even if he has to give up a little on help defense. Of course, I ain't no coach. I am still mystified that a 5-6 player could get off 8 three ball shots against us.

8. I thought Wendell gave us 13 nice minutes last night.

9. Bench scoring in recent years was usually in the 15-20 points per game range. Last night, the bench scored 20 points. Thanks to JT. If we could just get Griskenas and Ellis going ....

10. Last night on the post game show, some irate caller asked Coach Jans why Griskenas continues to play, when he is such a poor shooter. Coach Jans reply was the same as what Coach Marshall has been saying for months. He said Griskenas is a very fine 3 ball shooter everyday in practice. He said Griskenas just has a confidence problem right now.

I hope Coach runs some sets for Mantas so he can shoot the 3 ball from his favorite spot on the floor. The Shockers really needed him.

When Mantas made the block last night, it was at the basket at my end of the court. The offensive player had a shocked look on his face. It was as if, he could not believe Mantas could get that far off the floor.

11. Despite Gal's problems, the Shockers only had 13 turnovers and 15 personal fouls. This kind of play makes my eyes glisten.
                      Great perspective and helpful.

I agree about Mantas' block. His block was almost catching the ball as if it was a pass.

Comment

Working...
                      X