No announcement yet.

Shox at Sooners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can choose to scapegoat KWJ all you want, but just because the guys on the radio say things happened any certain way dosen't mean I necessarily take it as gospel. The wind was blowing 30+ MPH, and there is no automatic out on any fly ball in those conditions.

Bottom line question for me is - why doesn't this team have anyone that can finish a game (pitcher, I mean?)

Why was Hoch still out there after 65+ pitches in the 9th (first blown save), and then what was a freshman with no prior experience in this situation (2nd blown save) even doing out there at all?

These are coaching questions. Somebody that has no feel for the game, or maybe someone who the game has passed on by makes these kind of decisions.
    although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

• Originally posted by tripleshock
      You can choose to scapegoat KWJ all you want, but just because the guys on the radio say things happened any certain way dosen't mean I necessarily take it as gospel. The wind was blowing 30+ MPH, and there is no automatic out on any fly ball in those conditions.

Bottom line question for me is - why doesn't this team have anyone that can finish a game (pitcher, I mean?)

Why was Hoch still out there after 65+ pitches in the 9th (first blown save), and then what was a freshman with no prior experience in this situation (2nd blown save) even doing out there at all?

These are coaching questions. Somebody that has no feel for the game, or maybe someone who the game has passed on by makes these kind of decisions.
      Funny, I didn't see OU commit any errors tonight. Weren't they playing in the same conditions as we were?

Comment

You can choose to scapegoat KWJ all you want, but just because the guys on the radio say things happened any certain way dosen't mean I necessarily take it as gospel. The wind was blowing 30+ MPH, and there is no automatic out on any fly ball in those conditions.
        I saw the play on TV, it was routine as routine could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Originally posted by shocker3
          If we want to host a regional we will probably now need to win out (even then it could be iffy, but look at last year-it will all depend on how every other possible hosts finish).
          You're a good poster 3. I like your optimism at times, but please don't. There's no 'ifs'. We are not hosting a regional. I don't care if we finish up undefeated, which isn't gonna happen. Hell, I think 8-4 would be a stretch.

I am not saying we will go 12-0 (although I am hopeful). But if we can manage to go 12-0 (which would include wins over the third ranked team in the country and ORU) and then win the Valley tourney, I would think we would still have a chance of hosting.

We have had some tough losses lately , but they were all very close games that we could have won. It's not like we are getting blown out, in fact most of the time we are beating ourselves.

Remember last year, we were struggling at this point of the season and we didn't even win the Valley tourney. We still hosted. :wsu_posters:

Comment

or they could have watched it happen live on Cox 22

Comment

Tripleshock, no sugarcoating the misplay. The ball was hit right to Williams and not very high. He just sprinted in too far.

It was on TV.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Oklahoma's pitching tonight was horrible, if they ran that tribe out in succession in Stillwater the pokes would have hung 30 on them. We are a bad baseball team. I think these guys have a hard time respecting all the suck it up coach talk from an accused stalker, who instead of standing up and fighting seems to be making a deal behind closed doors.
                THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• okay, I'll take your word for it on the fly ball since I didn't see it, but my other point remains.....
                  although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                    Originally posted by tripleshock
                    I saw the play on TV, it was routine as routine could be.

I agree. I also watched the play on TV. In fact, if he had just stood still I think the ball would have come right to him. He just misplayed it. That should have been an easy third out. :wsu_posters:

Comment

I saw the ball almost hit KWJ it the glove and him suck big time. I would have got pine time for that play in Pee Wee ball and I was hitting .600 at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3
                        Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        Originally posted by shocker3
                        If we want to host a regional we will probably now need to win out (even then it could be iffy, but look at last year-it will all depend on how every other possible hosts finish).
                        You're a good poster 3. I like your optimism at times, but please don't. There's no 'ifs'. We are not hosting a regional. I don't care if we finish up undefeated, which isn't gonna happen. Hell, I think 8-4 would be a stretch.

I am not saying we will go 12-0 (although I am hopeful). But if we can manage to go 12-0 (which would include wins over the third ranked team in the country and ORU) and then win the Valley tourney, I would think we would still have a chance of hosting.

We have had some tough losses lately , but they were all very close games that we could have won. It's not like we are getting blown out, in fact most of the time we are beating ourselves.

Remember last year, we were struggling at this point of the season and we didn't even win the Valley tourney. We still hosted. :wsu_posters:
                        In baseball, losses are losses. I think it's an even more worse thing that we're giving the games away, as you just said. Teams aren't even legitimately earning these wins, we're freaking giving it to them! Good teams don't give games away! That is a FACT.

Also, we're losing to bad teams. Indiana State and K-State were both below .500 overall, and OU had been struggling lately and is currently 7th in the Big 12.

I know you wanna try to sugarcoat things and that's your nature, but come on. Sometimes you just have to admit it when this team/season has been lost.

Bet me whatever you want. I'm game. We are NOT hosting a regional. Period.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If we hadn't screwed around and lost four Valley games and weren't in a dogfight for first place, we could make Capra our closer the last few weeks like he did some last year. But we now need him as a third starter so we don't have that luxury.
                          Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• If we win, everyone says how great Hoch pitched. We lose and everyone wants to pile on Gene. Does Brent have any input on pitching?

Whatever.
                            Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShox
                              If we win, everyone says how great Hoch pitched. We lose and everyone wants to pile on Gene. Does Brent have any input on pitching?

Whatever.
                              Is your name Phil Stephenson?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShox
                                If we win, everyone says how great Hoch pitched. We lose and everyone wants to pile on Gene. Does Brent have any input on pitching?

Whatever.
                                It wasn't on Gene tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X