Shox at Sooners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaShox
    Was it Gene's fault that Kenny Williams can't catch a fly ball? Yeah, it's all Gene's fault.
    I personally don't think we get to that point, don't go to extra innings at all, if we get a tired Hoch out in the 9th and protect a nice big 3 run lead. That's just me.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3
      If we want to host a regional we will probably now need to win out (even then it could be iffy, but look at last year-it will all depend on how every other possible hosts finish).
      You're a good poster 3. I like your optimism at times, but please don't. There's no 'ifs'. We are not hosting a regional. I don't care if we finish up undefeated, which isn't gonna happen. Hell, I think 8-4 would be a stretch.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz
        Put Williams on the bench for the rest of the season. I'm sorry, but he just suck right now. Can't hit and loses a game on a easy put out? sit him!!!!
        I don't want to blow any sunshine on anyone who doesn' t want it, but the real answer is to have a heart-to-heart with Kenny and get him right back in the line-up. Up to a couple weeks ago, Kenny was a great catalyst at the bottom of the order and had some good plays on defense. He needs to get back there and bench time won't help. Got anyone better to roam LF?

OU scored 9 runs not influenced by that one misplay. That play hurt, but pitches not made and other errors didn't help either.

--'85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
          And he was absolutely embarrassing at InSU Friday and Saturday. He had a decent game Sunday but was pure puke before it. And then tonight... start walking and don't stop. 8)

Kenny did get a big clutch hit in the top of the ninth on Sunday to give us that 3 run lead.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
            And he was absolutely embarrassing at InSU Friday and Saturday. He had a decent game Sunday but was pure puke before it. And then tonight... start walking and don't stop. 8)

Kenny did get a big clutch hit in the top of the ninth on Sunday to give us that 3 run lead.
            Do clutch hits that give big leads matter when the ultimate outcome is an L?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Please remove the Ozzie Guillen picture and gesture and awful text above it. I know we're upset, but come on we are still Shocker fans and don't need to get that personal about our own team.

Comment

• Ah, yes Monday Morning quarterback. By all means, put Nanney in there. Maybe he can throw a few more to the backstop.

Coleman? Please.
                Womack? He's been awful all year.
                Smith? The rockets he gave up to KU still haven't landed.
                Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

• I think Kenny really doesn't care, since his daddy is the GM of the White Sox, he knows he's going to the next level no matter what. Is he a good player? Sure he is, but there's no doubt is head isn't in the right place right now. Unfortunately neither is Genes. I think maybe Brent or JT need to sit Mr. Williams down for a long chat and tell him if he doesn't shape up, he may not be invited back next year.

Comment

We really need to sweep UNI this weekend. It will not only put us in great shape to win the conference but it will also help our confidence.
                    I have no confidence this team can win the UNI series.

If we want to host a regional we will probably now need to win out (even then it could be iffy, but look at last year-it will all depend on how every other possible hosts finish).
                    I commend you on your optimism, but I think these last 3 games are the final nails in the no-host coffin.

Finishing the season on a strong winning streak would be great heading into the post season.
                    This team may need to finish strong just to get in post season. WSU is one weekend meltdown from having to win the MVC tournament to get to post-season.

Comment

• Sonny Galloway..."I'd like to thank Wichita State for giving us the Wed. victory that allowed us to get off the regional bubble and make the tourney. It's always nice to beat a rival 4 times in a row, but do I feel sorry for them, (giggles) hell no"

Your welcome Sonny. Glad we could save your job for you.

Comment

• Sitting William to start the game will help the defense in a huge way. If you can't can't get a ball right in your glove you don't belong in div 1 ball. Go back to Div 2 or just go home.

Comment

I think I did a pretty good capsule of detailing his exploits this past weekend. Good game Sunday; stunk the place up Friday & Saturday. 8)
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShox
                            Put Nanney in there. Maybe he can throw a few more to the backstop.

Coleman? Please.
                            Womack? He's been awful all year.
                            Or how about Justin Kemp?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Kemp

The Shocks may have stumbled upon a one-inning closer tonight. I'd love to see Kemp given a chance to start the ninth inning in these games with three-run leads -- kind of the way they did once upon a time with Danny Jackson, come to think of it (at least until it really mattered, when they scared themselves out of a super regional instead).

Hoch did a reasonable job, but why on earth the coaches are so desperate that they feel the need to get five innings from him when he hasn't thrown that long is beyond me. At least they didn't panic and use Coleman, and I don't blame them at this point for shying away from Womack. But why wait until Hoch proved he had run out of gas to use Kemp -- or even try Matt Smith for an inning, for heaven's sake?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
                                Originally posted by shocker3

I think I did a pretty good capsule of detailing his exploits this past weekend. Good game Sunday; stunk the place up Friday & Saturday. 8)
                                And more than stunk in up tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X