Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Todd Butler

It just wasn't meant to be.. He has SEC on his resume, but we obviously fell hard for that nonsense.

I don't know the inside relationships, but the record is awful. Aren't our facilities & history good for at least a competitive team?
    Phi Alpha

Comment

No, he had middling Southland on his resume.

Butler doesn't even sniff Cohen's jockstrap.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
        I don't know the inside relationships, but the record is awful. Aren't our facilities & history good for at least a competitive team?
        There's something about Kansas teams.. Competitive is middle ground thag rarely gets explored. For whatever reason the big 3 are either almost unstoppable or pathetic. Look at the current situation this year.

-Wsu baseball is a dumpster fire.

-Ku football is the worst college football team in the nation.

-K-State basketball hasn't played in a post season tournament in 2 years.

Wsu baseball suffered it's worst home loss in 62 years last night. Something needs to change.

Comment

I was open to giving Butler some time with the understanding it was going to take some time before we were playing postseason baseball. I certainly expected, however, that the team would see some forward progress and improve year to year. This program is getting worse each year. Nothing from this year gives you hope for next year.

I'm not sure the amount of financial support needed to buy out Butler from this terrible for WSU contract and hire a new coach, but I'm on board the fire Butler train.

Comment

Biggest WSU basketball fan is Butler. He would have loved for them to keep playing so he can hind behind them and hope nobody sees how pathetic his record is this year. Someone find Hooper immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
              Biggest WSU basketball fan is Butler. He would have loved for them to keep playing so he can hind behind them and hope nobody sees how pathetic his record is this year. Someone find Hooper immediately.
              I dunno. Every additional NCAA tourney win brought us $250k closer to affording his buyout.

Comment

When INCARNATE WORD played against Pokes better way better than we did, it is time to do something now.. not later. Fire the coach today and start the search.

Comment

The lack of fans the game last night against a good opponent and good weather should do the talking. He's had bad luck but last night was pitiful. This team isn't getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShox25 View Post
                    The lack of fans the game last night against a good opponent and good weather should do the talking. He's had bad luck but last night was pitiful. This team isn't getting better.
                    What bad luck? All the 6'4" guys he found can only throw 85mph balls?

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShox25 View Post
                      Doesn't help they didn't offer the same type of season ticket deals and now all home games are on ESPN3. If I want to watch this bad baseball I can watch on my Smart TV and not have to pay for it.

Comment

It is pathetic.

When the long term deal was first revealed, it put the final nail in AD Sexton's coffin as far as I am concerned.

What a nightmare? How many more years must be endured? Four?
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Resume or not, I was heartily rooting for Butler to right the ship. He brought in some promising recruits. But for seniors like Tinkham and Rader to be languishing around .275 (with Rader slugging just .350), isn't going to get it done. There are three freshmen who aren't far behind those guys in several categories.

We're being led in almost all offensive categories (avg, hr, slg, bb, obp) by a sophomore catcher. Props to Troutwine, but that still says a lot about the rest of the roster.

Outside of Beichler, Lewis, and to a slight degree, Schwanke, the pitching stats are painful to look at.

Butler isn't going to be fired mid-season, and I have my doubts it will happen before the end of next season. But unless there's a significant turnaround, he needs to be on the chopping block as soon as the money is there to drop the axe.

Comment

This would be the season (3rd yr) at the latest that you would expect to see the arrow pointing in the right direction for any coaching hire. Obviously, the arrow is only 180 degrees from pointing up.

Not allowing a new coach to hire his own pitching coach was a mistake (if that is what, in fact, happened). It just gives the new coach an excuse for poor performance if the pitching contributes to the problem and, in this case, the pitching is at least as much to blame as the offense for the Shocker's woes.

The only interesting thing about Shocker baseball these days is the Soap Opera that has and is forming around the program. It will be very interesting to see what the off-season brings come about May 26th.

Based on the stories we are hearing I would not be at all surprised if we see a departure of Brent Kemnitz perhaps accompanied by an exodus of players.

Not sure if we have the kind of deep pocketed Baseball boosters like we do for Men's Basketball that could make this happen. However, if I was a big booster I would only kick in if they a documented commitment from Kevin Hooper (or perhaps Mark Standiford) that they would agree to take over once the position opened up. I would also insist that any new coach's contract contains a fair but reasonable buyout provision. Perhaps 1 year's base salary. Once the Coach is established and proven after a minimum of 5 years you can sweeten the contract terms if need be. I would keep the base salary as low as possible and then lace the contract with incentive performance bonuses so that success is rewarded.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 23, 2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I wonder if Boatright bothered calling or even walking over to Eck Stadium today just to see how things were going.

Comment

Working...
                              X