No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say, the housing market on the east side is doing very, very well. I've had two of my neighbors sell their homes with less than one day on the market. This will bode well for Mr. Butler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    I will say, the housing market on the east side is doing very, very well. I've had two of my neighbors sell their homes with less than one day on the market. This will bode well for Mr. Butler.
    I bet I could organize a substantial volunteer moving team from this board with very little notice...

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I bet I could organize a substantial volunteer moving team from this board with very little notice...

T

Please. There are some detractors that are supporters. Then there's lip service.

ShockerFever said I may hate him. Not even close. I enjoy what he and Cold bring to the table, most of the time.

I believe Fever has ramped up his vitriol since Cold's return. Feel free to judge for yourself.

Perhaps this was never going to end well. Replacing Gene was a no win situation.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      You're a great fan Doc. I've found sometimes that when you get too close to the situation, it's very hard to stay neutral. Impartial, rational decision-making is what Shocker baseball needs at this point to heal and move forward. I do not believe that the current product on the field is reflective of the program's potential. Todd Butler has failed.

T

• WuDrWu... weren’t you and your clan supporting his discharge? Can’t have it both ways. Quite a few supported the manner in which he left as well.

Regardless, it has been a huge failed experiment.

Time to right the ship and Reverse the Curse brought on by fADES and DB.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      I absolutely supported replacing Gene. It was the right move then, and it still is/was today. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on HCTB, but the biggest failure that I doubt anyone saw at the time was the retention of ACBK and how that scenario played out.

My point in making the "no win situation" comment was that I don't believe ANY coach could have succeeded enough to please many of the fans. And in fact, that whomever took the position was in many ways, by comparison at least, destined to fail.

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you're right that the first coach after Gene was inheriting something close to a no-win situation. Frankly, in that way I think it's good that a good coach wasn't wasted. Gene is now back on board, likely enough to be supportive of a good new coach, and perhaps especially so of someone to resotre the legacy. At the same time, regardless of being destined to fail or not, there is not doubt after five years that it HAS been an abject failure. Maybe that's tough luck for Butler. But he took the job, he took the pitching coach, and he took the 2+ million dollars. He'll be fine. The problem now is throwing good money after bad.

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Please. There are some detractors that are supporters. Then there's lip service.

ShockerFever said I may hate him. Not even close. I enjoy what he and Cold bring to the table, most of the time.

I believe Fever has ramped up his vitriol since Cold's return. Feel free to judge for yourself.

Perhaps this was never going to end well. Replacing Gene was a no win situation.
    Firstly Doc, I'm glad to know you don't hate me.

Cold's re-entry to the board has nothing to do with my feelings towards the current leadership. Honestly, have I really been that vile?

I was angry 2 years ago about the current status of the program. Last year, I was entirely fed up, totally on board with a change. Now that is has reached this year, I'm boiling over. I can't be "nice" about it anymore. The program deserves better at this point. 5 years is more than enough time to field an NCAA Tournament team. I think people were patient enough.

Doc, can you answer me this question? Do you think we make a regional next year? Honestly? What about in 2 years? That would then be SIX or SEVEN years with ZERO postseason for a guy receiving NCAA quality pay.

It's not even about being Gene's replacement. If a guy came in and made at least ONE NCAA tournament in FIVE years, I think things would be tolerated. What in the world are your expectations for the program post-Gene? To make a regional once every 10 years? Is that really where this program belongs with the facilities, resources, and support that gets poured into it? Come on. Set personal feelings aside and look at the big picture.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Doc- WSU made regionals twice in Gene's last 5 years and many said he just HAD to go. That wasn't good enough. But his replacement goes 0 times in 5 years and we are suppose to be happy? Five years seems long enough to find a way to make it at least 1 time. Next year's team appears that it will take a step back anyway, making it a really good time for a much needed change.

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Those 2 teams of Gene's were not at-large level. Back-dooring the NCAA by winning the MVC tournament like that is much less likely in the AAC without an at-large level team.

What's fair to compare is the lack of those at-large teams by both, HCTB's teams finishing generally worse in the MVC than Gene's, and HCTB's "best team" finishing near the bottom of the AAC (still not at-large level). Touting Butler's non-con record this year loses a lot of luster when its SOS sits around 175.

• T

Comment

• There was off the field stuff with Gene too . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
          I do have a question for those that still support HCTB to continue at the helm (although Downtown Shocker Brown seems to be AWOL as of late)...
          You need to quit listening to fake news. Even the SF posted my expectations for this year. Most of my mosts that have been twisted to me supporting Butler have been nothing more than defending the players putting on Shocker uniforms.

I didnt like keeping Brent. He was a part of the problem at the time. He wasnt recruiting. He still didnt recruit. I would have loved to see what this pitching staff would have looked like if Steele had been here since day 1. But he wasnt. And HCTB took the job knowing that.

I expected more this year. It has become apparent what the problems are. Even with the move to the AAC, with the talent we have, I expected Top 3 in AAC. We were picked 6th. 2 1st round draft picks and solid supporting cast, should have had a chip on thier shoulder to prove everyone wrong. Didnt happen. Team as a whole seemed to lose motivation after the 1st ECU game. That was the high point of the season. We seemed to get up most weekends for Friday night, then cruise through the weekend. Losing most Sat and Sun games.

Its time for a change. Who? I dont know. But the best bet will be the ones most talked about. Hooper, Wedge, Standiford. We need someone who can tap into localtalent., meaning KS/NE/MO/OK/TX/AR. And we need to move quickly. We are already way behind for 2021 class.

Comment

• The fact that Butler remains in the good graces of some highly-respected members of the WSU community - here and elsewhere - just tells me that the man is an absolute master at forging relationships and narrative shaping. It’s almost a thing a beauty. An artist.

Dude probably could’ve become a bazillionare if he would’ve chosen to get into MLM schemes out of college, instead of coaching. Would no doubt be at the Quadruple Plutonium Black Diamond level of Amway/Primerica/AdvoCare/Herbalife/Essential Oils/Church of Scientology by now.

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting side note....speaking of the Church of Scientology......There's a ginormous one near the Clearwater beach. Damn that's a big building. Apparently Cruise and Travolta have massive homes conveniently located within golf cart distance as well.

• SHOCKvalue
              SHOCKvalue commented
              Editing a comment
              Few are called to a sacrificial life of ministry.

• Today is the day when we find out if ANYONE cares about Shocker baseball any longer.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

You need to quit listening to fake news. Even the SF posted my expectations for this year. Most of my mosts that have been twisted to me supporting Butler have been nothing more than defending the players putting on Shocker uniforms.

I didnt like keeping Brent. He was a part of the problem at the time. He wasnt recruiting. He still didnt recruit. I would have loved to see what this pitching staff would have looked like if Steele had been here since day 1. But he wasnt. And HCTB took the job knowing that.

I expected more this year. It has become apparent what the problems are. Even with the move to the AAC, with the talent we have, I expected Top 3 in AAC. We were picked 6th. 2 1st round draft picks and solid supporting cast, should have had a chip on thier shoulder to prove everyone wrong. Didnt happen. Team as a whole seemed to lose motivation after the 1st ECU game. That was the high point of the season. We seemed to get up most weekends for Friday night, then cruise through the weekend. Losing most Sat and Sun games.

Its time for a change. Who? I dont know. But the best bet will be the ones most talked about. Hooper, Wedge, Standiford. We need someone who can tap into localtalent., meaning KS/NE/MO/OK/TX/AR. And we need to move quickly. We are already way behind for 2021 class.

Didn't see that coming.

Welp, now that DSB has actually seen the light, you know it's absolutely time, and that time was yesterday.

Change is imminent. They better not drag this thing out. Just get it done and over with quickly so we can move on to a better era of Shocker baseball.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm feeling confident that a change is not going to happen. In the same way that I'm confident that when an airplane crashes, people will be injured. Definitely not confident in a good way.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm confident that I am not confident in what will happen.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 28, 2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• If change was going to happen, as soon as the regional announcements had been made, the university would have announced the move. If you wait any longer than that you would already be putting the new coach behind curve.

Comment

Working...
                    X