Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
    While I agree it isn't a metric they use, I think it should be. I have complained for years about the SEC teams that get in with sub .500 conference records and even if it benefits us this year I still thinks it's BS.
    Yep, magically it's not an issue when it's us. But now that we're in that situation, let's just ignore it. Typical.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      Well, we have 9 games left. In a good conference. We can still make the tourney, and represent well, or we can piss down our leg and make the haters happy.

It sucks that even though we are 4 games out of 3rd, and math equations less out of 2nd, many have already given up.

Liam has had a good Freshman Year. Tyler Davis just gave us a great start on the road. We continue to get better individually, but havent been able to avoid the bad innings.

I am still hopeful we can finish strong and represent well.
      The Spin here is the ultimate. Wow. Wtf have you been observing over the last 4 or 5 weekends that should make anyone feel "hopeful"?

Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Again, obsession noted. Keep digging yourself a hole. Unlike you, I have been very consistent.

I hope we win. (28-14 is pretty good)

I think we have a great group of young men who are representing WSU well. (They do)

We should finish in the Top 1/3 of the AAC. (Still can, but have dug a hole)

We should make the tourney. (Starting to look tougher)

We should re-establish ourselves as the regional power. (8-3 record against Nebraska, Creighton, KU, KSU, ORU, OU, and OSU)

i wonder what ShockerFever’s expectations were?

1. Fail so we can fire Coach Butler.

Well, he is wishing himself into being correct.

You mad? I didn't have to dig very far, bucko. Your elegance was listed on the previous page. Don't get mad at me for your willingness to give an ultimatum that you thought for sure would happen, but isn't.

28-14, but without a weekend series win in weeks.

Regional power? We won midweek games against the Oklahoma teams, but they are clearly above us in the overall pecking order. KU and KSU are trash. Glad to know we're a step above trash. Creighton was a split and Nebraska sucks. We're better than 60% of the teams you listed not because we're super good, but because everyone else is super bad. Nice comparison there and great spinning. I noticed you failed to mention Missouri, Missouri State, or Arkansas. Hmm.

Hey moron, I just want a GD winner, with a team that doesn't make so many mistakes, that doesn't gift-wrap runs to the opposition, and that doesn't look like little girls when it plays a team with a pulse on weekends. IDFC who the coach is. But it's clear your hard-on for your Cajun buddy is clouding any sort of rationale that one may have and you're simply spinning things any direction to where he has an out. Un****INGbelievably sad.

Tell me Cajun Boy, are we better off now than we were 5 years ago?

I expect crickets. Lots of them.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The Spin here is the ultimate. Wow. Wtf have you been observing over the last 4 or 5 weekends that should make anyone feel "hopeful"?
          Its obvious you havent been watching WSU much less any other baseball. So I will educate you on what I have seen that gives me hope.

Coming into Friday, Ole Miss was 1st place in SEC, the #1 conference. They were 10-9 in conference. Still a consensus Top 8 National Seed. They are 10-8 against the Top 50 and have an RPI of 8.

We are 7-7 against the Top 50 RPI and have an RPI of 18. 6 of the 9 AAC teams are Top 50 teams. We are in the #3 league in the country. Our OOC record continues to show our quality, even if the toughness of the AAC continues to get the best of us.

We have winnable series upcoming, but it is now or never time.

Comment

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            It's been now or never time for 3 weeks...

• We've been playing winnable series. Just haven't done much of the winning them. Ole Miss fans are probably disappointed to be 10-9. How do you think they'd feel about 5-10, next to last, losers of 4/5 conference series. At some point a win is a win, and spin is spin. 6 of 9 AAC teams are in the top 50 because WSU dropped a positive RPI-bomb in the league. And WSU is one of those 6, but can't manage to climb out of the league basement.

ShockerFever has been driving a hate-mobile that I don't particularly agree with, but his assessment has been rooted in a lot more reality than some of this spin-zone stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Tell me Cajun Boy, are we better off now than we were 5 years ago?

I expect crickets. Lots of them.
            Yes. We have 3 coaches. 3 coaches that recruit. 3 coaches that teach the game. We didnt have that 5 years ago.

It is clear to this “Cajun Boy” you still have zero idea about college baseball in 2018. Read some articles. Quit looking for personal insults to me and research the top programs the past 5 years. Look for what separates them from the rest. You will find similarities among them. Things we didnt have until last year.

Your anger and hatred to these boys is shameful. I continue to tell you its ok to not like the direction of the program, but quit finding ways to hate on these young men. And deflecting the hate to me doesnt change your overbearing desire to see them fail. Who does that? Maybe you need some of the **** I’m smoking. Your life must be pretty miserable. Do you need the number of a mental health facility? I know some people that can help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              We've been playing winnable series. Just haven't done much of the winning them. Ole Miss fans are probably disappointed to be 10-9. How do you think they'd feel about 5-10, next to last, losers of 4/5 conference series. At some point a win is a win, and spin is spin. 6 of 9 AAC teams are in the top 50 because WSU dropped a positive RPI-bomb in the league. And WSU is one of those 6, but can't manage to climb out of the league basement.

ShockerFever has been driving a hate-mobile that I don't particularly agree with, but his assessment has been rooted in a lot more reality than some of this spin-zone stuff.
              Spin zone? Just curious, other than my expectations starting the year, what is spin zone?

We continue to implode early. Our bats dont seem to get us going until late. We are 5-10 in conference play. We started 2 Freshmen this weekend on the road in the #3 conference. We havent yet hit our potential.

We are, however, 23-4 in our OOC with the number 7 OOC RPI against a Top 100 schedule.

We continue to get better, but still have flaws.

Comment

• 5 years ago we had one coach that had won something. And if we have more coaches doing a better job of teaching things now, why are we worse at most of the teachable things? Why can't we field? Throw strikes consistently? Run the basepaths? Call our own pitches? More teaching? Is that a serious statement right now?

Spin. Zone.

Comment

Its obvious you havent been watching WSU much less any other baseball. So I will educate you on what I have seen that gives me hope.

Coming into Friday, Ole Miss was 1st place in SEC, the #1 conference. They were 10-9 in conference. Still a consensus Top 8 National Seed. They are 10-8 against the Top 50 and have an RPI of 8.

We are 7-7 against the Top 50 RPI and have an RPI of 18. 6 of the 9 AAC teams are Top 50 teams. We are in the #3 league in the country. Our OOC record continues to show our quality, even if the toughness of the AAC continues to get the best of us.

We have winnable series upcoming, but it is now or never time.
                  Who has WSU beaten on the weekend of significance? Are we really making a comparison between us and Ole Miss? And I'm the one that's clueless on WSU and baseball? LMFAO.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

what is spin zone?
                    We continue to get better
                    Kinda answered your own question here.

Comment

Yes. We have 3 coaches. 3 coaches that recruit. 3 coaches that teach the game. We didnt have that 5 years ago.

It is clear to this “Cajun Boy” you still have zero idea about college baseball in 2018. Read some articles. Quit looking for personal insults to me and research the top programs the past 5 years. Look for what separates them from the rest. You will find similarities among them. Things we didnt have until last year.

Your anger and hatred to these boys is shameful. I continue to tell you its ok to not like the direction of the program, but quit finding ways to hate on these young men. And deflecting the hate to me doesnt change your overbearing desire to see them fail. Who does that? Maybe you need some of the **** I’m smoking. Your life must be pretty miserable. Do you need the number of a mental health facility? I know some people that can help you.

Dizzle answered that garbage before I could respond. And he answered it beautifully. Spin that **** around why don't ya?

You keep repeating this zero idea about college baseball in 2018 garb. What does that mean? Are you saying we can never be good again at baseball? With our pay grade? Our facilities? Our tradition? The excuse train is going full blast now.

Where the **** am I wishing for anybody to fail? I'm just calling a spade a spade. And you can't see that. Because you're blind as a freaking bat.

I know some people that can help you.
                      I'm sure you do.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• No offense or disrespect intended...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Cdizzle
                          Cdizzle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You're right Downtown Shocker Brown. That's my bad.

Winning, or even competing to win, one's own league is clearly not a priority at WSU. If it was, WSU probably wouldn't have hired someone who finished 7th, 5th, and 6th in his league in his first coaching attempt to an albatross contract, and folks wouldn't be talking about an extension for same said coach who has finished 4th, 3rd, 5th, 5th, (currently 8th) in this coaching attempt.

Maybe we need to reevaluate goals.

Though one might point out that previous poor league finishes have not exactly helped the team meet the goal you are talking about.

• ShockerFever
                          ShockerFever commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I've never seen someone more out of touch with reality than this guy. But then again, he has his Cajun blinders on. It's absolutely amazing to watch unfold.

Why do we have to finish Top 3? Well, for one, according to YOU, it's to save your leader. If we can't finish top 3 in year FIVE of this regime, with 2 pro prospects and tons of upperclassmen, what makes you think it's gonna get better? Well you even don't. Because you said we must move another direction.

So, with that top 3 finish, are you now backpedaling your original statement or do you agree that another direction needs to be taken?

SPIN ZONE WARNING AHEAD.

• Shocker85
                          Shocker85 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The Shox do control their own destiny. Really.

If they go undefeated from this point forward, they win the World Series.

Back to this universe...

Expecting there is even a remote possibility this team is anything better than .500 between now and NCAA Tournament bid day is ludicrous. They are losing to teams they should be able to handle; at least win a series or three.

This is certainly Butler's best team. It was said earlier, they're fine vs. the mediocre teams in this area, but vs. the top 50? Nope.

• By the way, I love the now or never thing. It wasn't now or never with UConn at home 2 weeks ago. It wasn't now or never at Houston last week. It wasn't now or never against UCF this weekend. It's now or never NOW upcoming, when we're already 5-10 and sitting next to last place in a 9 team league. LOL, is that classic or what? Of course now, we get Cincinnati at home (picked to finish last) and Memphis (sitting in dead last) in 2 of our final 3 series so by winning them, it'll prove that we now have "changed the tide".

4-5 wasn't worrisome; 4-8 wasn't the edge; 5-10 isn't the end of the road yet.. but NOW, it's now or never.

I cannot believe that a functioning human being actually believes this crap.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• There are subliminal messages in music... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• One mediocre year out of how many ? I think we all want more than mediocrity. We have two or three,
                            maybe more, ex WSU players who would be strong picks to revive the program to a much higher level.
                            I would say the bar needs to be a super regional for this year or look at better options.

Comment

Working...
                            X