No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is enough speculation in Butler being retained or fired at this point that the university has to release some sort of statement soon. Right? What medium will be used to make that statement? Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by HooperIsTheMan View Post
      There is enough speculation in Butler being retained or fired at this point that the university has to release some sort of statement soon. Right? What medium will be used to make that statement? Any ideas?
      Where is that speculation? It only on a message board. There is no discussion in any of the news media or tv channels. In fact in the last couple weeks Butler has been sending his assistants out on to the local sports shows - one of the topics they talk about is how they think they will make progress next year.

Comment

• Bob Lutz said he thought it was 65-35 that Butler is fired. That’s what I’m talking about. If the media is putting a percentage on it then something needs to happen. Either a message endorsing Butler as the coach for another year or that he is fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Where is that speculation? It only on a message board. There is no discussion in any of the news media or tv channels. In fact in the last couple weeks Butler has been sending his assistants out on to the local sports shows - one of the topics they talk about is how they think they will make progress next year.
          Uh what? It's been a huge topic on local radio shows and there has been some online print on the subject as well. It's not even close to just "message board banter".

And besides, why does that matter? There's so much apathy in the program right now that you aren't hearing much of anything anymore. That alone should not be a measure on anything Boatright does. If he cares an ounce about baseball, a change will be forthcoming. HOW in the **** do you justify the current status of the program, the program's last 5 years, the fact that he said it is NOT a contract issue?

There better be some kind of statement. Hell, there was one last year. Why wouldn't there be one this year? And that statement better be that we are moving a different direction. Just ignoring the issue altogether would be more of a slap to the face than announcing you were keeping Butler and it not having to do with a contract issue. That would tell me everything to know about Boatright going forward. I've been shaky about him for a while but a non-move here or even worse, a zero announcement at all and just hoping for everything to blow over would confirm we have an Eric Sexton 2.0 on our hands. And that would be alarming and BAD. VERY BAD.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by HooperIsTheMan View Post
            Bob Lutz said he thought it was 65-35 that Butler is fired. That’s what I’m talking about. If the media is putting a percentage on it then something needs to happen. Either a message endorsing Butler as the coach for another year or that he is fired.
            I would hardly characterize Bob Lutz as media. Does anybody really listen to him?

I believe the silence you hear is the endorsement. Maybe if somebody in the real media (KWCH, ksn, kake or Kansas,com) forces the question the AD maybe u will give a similar response as last year.

i guess you could hold out hope, that Butler went to Arkansas for the holiday weekend and the AD is waiting till he comes back to fire him.

Comment

I would hardly characterize Bob Lutz as media. Does anybody really listen to him?

I believe the silence you hear is the endorsement. Maybe if somebody in the real media (KWCH, ksn, kake or Kansas,com) forces the question the AD maybe u will give a similar response as last year.

i guess you could hold out hope, that Butler went to Arkansas for the holiday weekend and the AD is waiting till he comes back to fire him.
              It's called apathy. That's how bad things have gotten. The media doesn't even care anymore. So once again, your point is moot.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• KWCH on twitter disagreeing with the call for Butler to be fired.

He took over a program with none of his own recruits and finished above.500 overall, and took on a significantly better conference this year. I'd have to disagree about firing him. Need to give him more time.

Plenty of coaches going through conference realignments, regime changes, recruitment issues, etc. This is not new
                i assume they have talked to the AD and this is the official line.

Comment

• AndShock
                  AndShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like someone is interested in carrying Kunkel’s torch.

• We're about an hour and a half late on the announcement... I'm kind of wondering what's the holdup?

T

...:cool:

Comment

• T

...:cool:

Comment

KWCH on twitter disagreeing with the call for Butler to be fired.

Funny that the resto of the programs at WSU didn't need to use the conference change as an excuse this season.

Winners win.

Comment

KWCH on twitter disagreeing with the call for Butler to be fired.

Why does anybody follow KWCH? I'd consider Bob Lutz more of a respectable media source than KWCH. And that's saying something.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Funny that the resto of the programs at WSU didn't need to use the conference change as an excuse this season.

Winners win.
                        Winners do win!

Comment

• By the way, I have seen it mentioned several times that when Butler took over the program there were no recruits signed for the upcoming season (2014). That is 100% false. Here is a list of signees for the 2014 season (HCTB's first season). What Butler said is there were no recruits signed for beyond 2014. It was probably hard to sign recruits since our last coach didn't have a contract beyond 2014. I imagine HCTB will soon understand what that feels like.

WSU Signees Position Hometown (High School/JC)
                          Ray Ashford RHP Sachse, Texas (Grayson County College)
                          Reagan Biechler LHP Colorado Springs, Colo. (Pine Creek HS)
                          Michael Burns INF Littleton, Colo. (Columbine HS)
                          Austin Gardner RHP Coppell, Texas (Coppell HS)
                          Connor Goedert 3B Ottawa, Kan. (Neosho County Community College)
                          Zair Koeiman INF Willemstad, Curacao (Eastern Oklahoma State)
                          Mitch McIntyre RHP Wichita, Kan. (Northwest HS)
                          Sam Tewes RHP Lincoln, Neb. (Waverly HS)
                          Cody Tyler LHP Terrell, Texas (Forney HS)
                          Nathan Winfrey INF Kansas City, Mo. (Liberty HS)

Comment

• I was holding out hope that they were waiting until after Memorial Day along with the Regionals being announced that Tuesday morning we'd have a big beautiful press conference announcing that Butler is being canned. Seems like we would have had it by now if that was the conclusion DB came to. What a bummer.

Comment

• A good AD doesn't fire an existing coach unless he has a pretty good replacement in mind; coaching searches are not always played out the way one would want. He may want to wait until the "new" coach is done where they are at (Regionals?) before announcing a change. My hope, anyway, that there's still a chance for change.

Comment

Working...
                            X