No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tea leaves are screaming at me right now. Go fix yourself a cup...

T

...:cool:

Comment

• I sense a great internal battle is occurring right now; possible coaching replacements are receiving soft inquiries; men are fighting to save their job - men are fighting to obtain one; financial accounts are being reconciled; key boosters are being consulted.

All this I am sensing...

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Cecil Fielder, Tommy Lasorda and Ulf Samuelsson.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          "Moe, Larry, and Curly"

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Kal-El, Beldar Conehead and Gordon Shumway.

Heard that these guys are out of this world.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 30, 2018, 04:58 PM.

• Wuzee
          Wuzee commented
          Editing a comment
          Karnak: (opens envelope) Name a slugger, a hugger and a mugger.

Audience: *moans*

Karnak: (pauses) May a diseased yak make a pass at your favorite sister.

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Baseball camps are now up for Todd Butler. Look like for better or for worse it will be Todd Butler and company for at least another season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Cecil Fielder, Tommy Lasorda and Ulf Samuelsson.

Name a slugger, a hugger and a mugger.

How does this crew not get that one?

Comment

• Wuzee
            Wuzee commented
            Editing a comment
            nm

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Baseball camps are now up for Todd Butler. Look like for better or for worse it will be Todd Butler and company for at least another season.
          So no statement from Boatright at all?

I'm freaking done.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I kind of like the nineties. I saw practically every game from my Row 2 seat, behind first base. I would not mind seeing the same baseball again. Especially the 1998 team. I am with 72. I like Hooper.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I'm freaking done.
              Sure doesn’t look like it. I kind of expected sports daily discussion - but that didn’t happen either.

Comment

• It’s frickin Wednesday.... Does anything ever happen on Wednesday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  It’s frickin Wednesday.... Does anything ever happen on Wednesday?
                  Apparently Todd Butler Camps became available for sign-ups on Wednesday.

I can't believe the incompetency.

Done.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I'm freaking done.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Apparently Todd Butler Camps became available for sign-ups on Wednesday.

I can't believe the incompetency.

Done.

Tease. :playful:

Comment

• They can't seriously be dumb enough to keep the guy another year, can they? Just kick the can down the road?

Comment

• Show me a coach in D1 that was fired (not for cause) that had a .622 winning percentage or better the year he was fired.

Just one.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                          Cdizzle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Everything is cherry-picking. If we cherry-pick 100 individual things, and you get 1 that says "hey maybe we should keep this guy" and 99 that say "wtf are we waiting for," well...

I appreciate you're very invested in the programs, Doc. I really do. But this is a no-brainer. The only number that should have any bearing on this decision is the one in the athletic department checking account. I'm not sure I understand how dug-in you are on this. We didn't meet the expectations for "Acceptable" that you yourself described for the program.

• shockfan89_
                          shockfan89_ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, mine was a summary of the past five seasons, but yes, that was kind of my point. Let's make an overall judgment of HCTB after 5 seasons, not just pick his best, or worst year, out of those five and base our decision on that alone.

Since overall record is kind of a thing... 141-149-1 (.484) How sad is that considering this year was a .622?

• BOBB
                          BOBB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          WuDrWu Tubby, a few times if we aren't limited to baseball.

• I am a basketball guy so I don't have a horse in the race but it seems a little over-reactive to justfy spending close to 3/4 of a million dollars to buy out a coach that had his team in the talks of hosting a NCAA Regional two months ago, owned the Big XII, was highly ranked most of the season, and took a non-competing sub .500 team in a zero-respect conference to being an almost .500 team in one of the best conferences in the country.

I COULD CARE LESS WHETHER BUTLER STAYS OR GOES but:

1) I'm not sure how anyone can deny that the program took a step forward albeit maybe not as big of a step that some fans hoped.

2) I do agree that hiring Hooper would provide a quick shot in the arm, as far as program interest goes, but I doubt it fully covers the cost of the buy out.

3) Hooper did a great job recruiting and coaching men desperate for their last chance for a professional baseball career but does that translate to guaranteed success at the college level? (Aren't we all expecting Penny Hardaway to struggle at Memphis?)

With the amount of Doom, Gloom Hate and Discontent being spewed by obvious Butler haters, it sometimes make me question the motivations behind it

OK. I will shut up now and go back to basketball...because I REALLY don't care!

Comment

• WuDrWu
                          WuDrWu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A voice of reason and thoughtful balance.

That type of thinking is frowned upon here sir.

I kid because I care. Thank you for your support and your well thought out commentary. Much appreciated!
                      Working...
                      X