Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    When in doubt, always double down. Always.
    When failure and lack of intellect leaves you with writers block, always come up with some obscure message that pertains to nothing in a weak attempt to sound clever.
    Right Play Angry?

Comment

When in doubt, always double down. Always.
      Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      When failure and lack of intellect leaves you with writers block, always come up with some obscure message that pertains to nothing in a weak attempt to sound clever.
      Right Play Angry?
      Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she's wearing a backpack, you know? And half of them are just nasty $kanks who wouldn't be nothing except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken horny a$$holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        You start your post with WTF, then offer an endorsement of HCTB as a Christian man? Do all Christian men use acronyms like WTF? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but using acronyms like WTF in such a cavalier manner undercuts the whole point you're trying to make here.

I understand you think Todd is being railroaded (and I usually stay out of the baseball thread unless the Shockers are doing well) but I had to note the irony in your post.

Best of luck to you and I hope Todd can turn it around. You obviously think a lot of him.
        I don't think anyone on here thinks HCTB is being railroaded, he flat out just isn't getting the job done. All I am saying is that there is no shame in that, I believe he has given us his best effort but we are the ones who put together a crappy contract which he gladly signed. As for my WTF comment, I got news for you, just because you believe in Jesus, it doesn't mean your a *****. I probably shouldn't cuss as much as I do, and should do a lot of things different. A Christian man doesn't mean your a metrosexual, stop believing everything you see on tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          Right Play Angry?
          Checkmated again, rats.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
            Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she's wearing a backpack, you know? And half of them are just nasty $kanks who wouldn't be nothing except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken horny a$$holes.
            Ha ha... Swingers! Great movie. Heather Graham looked amazing in that movie.

Comment

Some of you sheep are the same dolts that wanted fHCGS fired. Look where that got us.
              He was a dirt bag, who quit but kept taking the paycheck.

Comment

• I'm guessing that @Veritas: shtick is to poke the eyes of those that wanted Gene fired for his moral failings.

There is plenty of real estate between socially acceptable behavior and piety. Gene crossed over all of it. Not to mention he put a failing product on the field. He needed to gi and is gone Butler is fulfilling his contract by all accounts. If we want him out of it we need to make it worth his time to go. Seems simple enough.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  I'm guessing that @Veritas shtick is to poke the eyes of those that wanted Gene fired for his moral failings.

There is plenty of real estate between socially acceptable behavior and piety. Gene crossed over all of it. Not to mention he put a failing product on the field. He needed to gi and is gone Butler is fulfilling his contract by all accounts. If we want him out of it we need to make it worth his time to go. Seems simple enough.
                  You forgot to add that he basically said, "This program SUCKS! I'm going to Oklahoma!" Any AD worth his salt has a plan to replace any coach, whether from that coach quitting, for personal issues, or because they just aren't any good. ADDB must know the cost of replacing TB. Let's see how it plays out, but part of the replacement is having a reliable list of replacements. I bet he doesn't last the full term of his contract.

Comment

Necessary turn.
                    Butler the Christian not earning his money is akin to a Christian driving a car with a fish symbol on the back and having road rage.
                    Veritas, you make a mockery of your name every time just about you touch a keyboard.

You've said some stupid, obnoxious things because you dislike people, but I believe that one tops them all. It is not remotely akin, and if you honestly can't see that your opposition to Butler has blinded you. Don't bother responding; I won't see it. You're now on Ignore.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      You forgot to add that he basically said, "This program SUCKS! I'm going to Oklahoma!" Any AD worth his salt has a plan to replace any coach, whether from that coach quitting, for personal issues, or because they just aren't any good. ADDB must know the cost of replacing TB. Let's see how it plays out, but part of the replacement is having a reliable list of replacements. I bet he doesn't last the full term of his contract.
                      I agree. I have witnessed during my career a number of occasions (not a bunch but enough) where a person resigned, had 'buyer's remorse' and wanted back in. Probably half the time, the person was not allowed to return to their job.

If you're going to pursue an opportunity, be prepared to leave your present situation if it materializes. And NEVER look back. HCGS didn't follow that advice, and it poisoned the water behind him.

Comment

• Seems to be some revisionist history of what happened after Gene spent 3 minutes in an OU uniform. If anything, I wager that was the last jolt of energy infused in to the program.

Comment

• Game 3 in Tallahassee was the last time we watched a Shocker baseball team that was at-large quality - it kind of blows my mind that a decade has passed since then. 2008 is getting to be a very, very long time ago.

Hopefully the next coach can get us back to respectability, and hopefully he makes his debut next February.

Comment

Game 3 in Tallahassee was the last time we watched a Shocker baseball team that was at-large quality - it kind of blows my mind that a decade has passed since then. 2008 is getting to be a very, very long time ago.
                            Game 1 of Tallahassee was also the last NCAA win. Hard to believe.
                            78-65

Comment

• Wow, 10 years ago. I remember watching game 2 and almost being in tears because we we were headed back to Omaha...and then the wheels fell off.

Comment

• I wonder, wonder who wrote The Book of Love.

Suppose Kevin Hooper is hired as the new baseball coach. Further suppose the hiring is announced in early June 2017.

How will these events affect baseball, season ticket sales? Projected year over year revenues? (16-17 v. 17-18)

Just wondering.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X