No announcement yet.

Gm 31 - at KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's just no way these guys are listening to their coaches.

That being said, I think I would have squeezed the guy home, or at least tried. This is an incredible funk.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      There's just no way these guys are listening to their coaches.

That being said, I think I would have squeezed the guy home, or at least tried. This is an incredible funk.
      Did you see what happened when we tried to have Tanner Dearman (one of our Punch and Judy hitters) try to lay down a sacrifice?

Comment

Here is my list of position players I would like to see back next year:
        Tyler Baker
        Daniel Kihle
        Mikel Mucha (I think).

Ok, selfishly I would like to see Casey G. back but that ain't happening and it shouldn't happen.

Comment

Serious question, what's the NCAA- scratch that - world record for hitless w/ RISP streak??

Have to be challenging history here!!
          The Assman

Comment

So are you guys saying it wasn't the hitting coach's fault last year? That it was actually the players?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              So are you guys saying it wasn't the hitting coach's fault last year? That it was actually the players?
              Yea, I thought I heard all last year how we just needed a new hitting coach to straighten things out?

I guess I am confused.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                Yea, I thought I heard all last year how we just needed a new hitting coach to straighten things out?

I guess I am confused.
                So are you saying WSU should hire JT back? Say as the super secret volunteer assistant - SSVA for short?

Comment

One of the things that makes this RISP ofer streak so frustrating is that it's not just that we can't get a hit with RISP we are unable to even make productive outs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

I guess I am confused.
                    For several years, myself and some others have felt that if Gene was to stay, he should bring new blood into the program, primarily for recruiting purposes. Someone with fire in their belly that was hungry for new achievement.

I felt, right or wrong, that the old staff was not out on the recruiting trail as hard as they should be. This seemed to be backed up by comments from a few other coaches who said they didn't see this staff out there near as much as they use to. I also felt this was why Gene and staff wanted the OU job. With their history and name, they wouldn't have to recruit as hard as high quality players would be much easier to get at OU.

Since GS and BK weren't the ones that would be replaced, that left only one other coach.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Here is my list of position players I would like to see back next year:
                      Tyler Baker
                      Daniel Kihle
                      Mikel Mucha (I think).

Ok, selfishly I would like to see Casey G. back but that ain't happening and it shouldn't happen.
                      If we're so interested in turning the roster over, why does Baker get a pass? He's hitting .231 with and OBP of .293. Both are the lowest among regulars.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        If we're so interested in turning the roster over, why does Baker get a pass? He's hitting .231 with and OBP of .293. Both are the lowest among regulars.
                        Yes, I realize that, but he was a preseason All-American so I think the potential is there. He had the suspensions to deal with this season and he also had the recent concussion. He did have two hits last night. Hopefully, he can get it going a little bit. He does do a good job handling the pitching staff which is extremely important and he does well throwing out base stealers. While we do have a couple of excellent catching prospects coming in next year it may take them awhile to get up to speed in handling the pitching staff. If they are able to do that and can beat Tyler out at the catching position then Tyler still has the ability to play other positons. After all he is not listed as a catcher on the roster. He is a utility player.

Comment

I'm not disagreeing with some of the things Baker brings to the table, I guess I just wouldn't single him out based on potential. As it stands right now, last year is looking like the outlier offensively. Even with that year he's a career .273 hitting catcher with minimal power.

If just half the players in this program were living up to their potential, WSU would be ranked right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            I'm not disagreeing with some of the things Baker brings to the table, I guess I just wouldn't single him out based on potential. As it stands right now, last year is looking like the outlier offensively. Even with that year he's a career .273 hitting catcher with minimal power.

If just half the players in this program were living up to their potential, WSU would be ranked right now.
                            Actually, I really did not single him out on potential. Kihle and Mucha are also primarily on potential at this point at least from my perspective.

Comment

I have two favorite teams and both could not hit their way out of a wet paper bag.

The pitching is great for both teams, particularly starting pitching.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Didn't even remember about the game last night. I think that's gonna happen a lot this year.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X