Gm 31 - at KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least we turned the lineup over?

Down 1, Gillaspie coming up next inning. Sounds like about time for the defense and pitching to give up 2-3 runs to put this one out of Gillaspie's reach.

Comment

This team makes me want to break things
      THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        At least we turned the lineup over?

Down 1, Gillaspie coming up next inning. Sounds like about time for the defense and pitching to give up 2-3 runs to put this one out of Gillaspie's reach.
        Very unlikely Casey will see anything hittable unless it's major mistake.

Comment

The streak reaches 37. It's not like we aren't getting some good pitches to hit, and it may be my imagination, but we seem to take the most hittable pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Very unlikely Casey will see anything hittable unless it's major mistake.
            I wouldn't pitch to him, but it's very difficult to convince coaches to walk the tying run with 1 out, and bring the go-ahead run to the plate.

Comment

Until someone proves they can do anything at all I wouldn't throw a pitch near the plate to Casey.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                I recall the coach on the show saying just the same thing. To paraphrase he said one of the most important thing a hitter has to do is make adjustments during the game with how it's being called and pitched - he also indicated that there are some hitters on this team that refuse to do.
                Not only do you need to make adjustments during the game, but you need to make adjustments during an at bat depending on the count and situation. I guess these guys didn't have to do that in high school so they see no reason to do in now.

Comment

Pitching staff has been solid.Too bad we are wasting it again.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                    Pitching staff has been solid.Too bad we are wasting it again.
                    Really solid. 3 runs midweek to a good hitting KState team.

Kihle sticks his leg into one. Makes it a little harder to walk Gillaspie. I'd still do it.

Comment

Wish we had enough healthy bodies so that if you weren't willing to make the adjustments then you could sit your ass down and watch.

Comment

Gillaspie is ridiculous.

Comment

Casey came through - will anybody else now?

Comment

Runner in scoring position.KState has us right where they want us.

Comment

If we don't get this guy in...

Comment

I'm not looking forward to the type of fail it will take to not get this run in from 3rd with nobody out.

Comment

Working...
                                X