• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Not many options out there.

Wes Phillips 9 K in 23 AB
    Zimmerman 5 k in 22 AB
    Bobbitt 8 k's in 30 AB
    Haddox 10 k's in 17 AB

This team is devoid of talent except for a couple players.
    At least Phillips is getting hits when he isn't striking out. He's hitting a full 200 points better. I just don't get it. I'll take the guy getting hits and hope he can learn to cut down on strikeouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      At least Phillips is getting hits when he isn't striking out. He's hitting a full 200 points better. I just don't get it. I'll take the guy getting hits and hope he can learn to cut down on strikeouts.
      Well, most of Phillips hits came against SIU-E and Central Ark. Phillips has also been a liability in the field.

Comment

Well, most of Phillips hits came against SIU-E and Central Ark. Phillips has also been a liability in the field.
        Koeiman has been as big of a liability in the field. And getting hits against crap competition is better than not getting hits against any competition.

I'm not saying there's a perfect solution available, just really frustrated with trying the same terribly-failing idea over and over.

Comment

I don't know....maybe Butler is in over his head. Or maybe the veterans are not buying in (and he's playing Koeiman to make a point) and are just doing their own thing. I am just not seeing anything that gives me any hope for this program.

Shox trail 7-3, NU still batting.
          I don't think HCTB is in over his head at all. He is probably going for wholesale changes next year and this year is a five month tryout...my concern is there still seems to be no team philosophy on hitting, a genuine holdover issue from the latter Gene years. Each player has their own MO and it changes from AB to AB and game to game, with the exception of Casey and sometimes Parker and Bayliff. Hopefully he will get that straightened out sooner than later.

Comment

Wow. Some of you guys seem to be jumping ship awfully quick.

Devoid of talent? And just who's fault is that mostly?

I know many are upset about being 2-6 in one run games (that's 6 of our 9 total losses), but with a new coach, I see that much better than getting blown out a lot and a place for quick record improvement.

Over the last 5 years, WSU was .565 in OOC and .595 overall. And this included one year much better than the rest.

So far this year, WSU is .600 in OCC and .609 overall. So far, that's better than the last 5 combined and definitely better than 4 of the last 5 years. Let's give our support for at least a couple of years.

Comment

I think some of us were counting on the baseball team to semi lift us out of the doldrums tonight after what happened
              Sunday, myself included. When that didn't happen, the impatient factor grew about 20 fold.

Comment

Same ****, different year.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  This broken record has been playing for 6 years now. Shocker baseball was a national powerhouse, turned into a regional powerhouse, turned into the 3rd best program in the state and now is hanging on to be a Mo Valley powerhouse.
                  I'm counting down the 2.5 weeks until you buzz out of here. Get the shots in while you can.

Of course, you're just gonna welch out anyways, like you've already done. And then you're NEVER gonna hear the end of it.

Better think of a new screen name now so you can still spin around it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I'm counting down the 2.5 weeks until you buzz out of here. Get the shots in while you can.

Of course, you're just gonna welch out anyways, like you've already done. And then you're NEVER gonna hear the end of it.

Yep, you nailed it. KC will disappear and then reinvent himself for awhile under a disguise.

Comment

Keep in mind our first year under coach Marshall in basketball. You do need a little patience here.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                        Keep in mind our first year under coach Marshall in basketball. You do need a little patience here.
                        These situations are not at all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I think some of us were counting on the baseball team to semi lift us out of the doldrums tonight after what happened
                          Sunday, myself included. When that didn't happen, the impatient factor grew about 20 fold.
                          The 'allergy' season has added to my "doldrums"; this is about as ‘low’ as I’ve felt in a long time. I thought by now I would have put Sunday’s game behind me, however today I feel about the same as I did Monday morning. Hopefully a couple of 70 degree days and some Shocker baseball will be what the doctor ordered.

I do recall similar feelings in the early 90's when we finished runner-up to LSU in the College World Series; we had great teams and expected to win it all. I didn't have 'this' feeling after the loss to Louisville in the Final Four; I guess my expectations weren't as high. The undefeated streak (35-0) and the national publicity pulled in so many of us and then our hearts were ripped out Sunday afternoon.

The continual bickering and arguments in the basketball threads sure hasn't helped me. I’m considering joining @KC Shox: and take a long term hiatus. If not, maybe a quality ‘boobie’ and ‘booty’ thread would help ‘ease our pain’? PM 'warning' message from @kai: in 3, 2, 1… Ha!

It's still a great day to be a Shocker!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LOL, you really think I would assume a different screen name to quell my SN fix? If I'm not mistaken, I believe the moderators have the capability to see IP addresses of users. I'm not in the business of embarrassing myself by creating a new profile and then get caught in the act.

Listen up loser, I'm not the one with 18k posts and have SN on 'speed dial' 24 hours a day. I can take a break from SN with ease. You on the other hand have demonstrated a weird infatuation and love affair with SN. Your incessant need to point fingers, criticize others, cherry pick posts and act as the SN Police is downright scary and oozes little man syndrome.

Over the years, you have become increasingly aggressive and hostile. You obviously don't perceive this but I can assure you, I'm not the only one on here who has picked up on this. My break from SN will actually be refreshing as I don't have to read your drivel.

The good news is, my sabbatical will fly by and I am looking forward to being back for basketball season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Devoid of talent? And just who's fault is that mostly?
                              I think we all know who's fault that is, but waiting till next year is along time when you are in the middle of the season. Butler going to get a chance to succeed/fail based on his own players, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating when these guys either refuse to do what they need to do to win or watching guys who are just in over their head and would be better suited playing at a NAIA school.

I still think about the comment that Butler made a couple series ago about people "buying in". Not much you can do if you having players refusing to buy into your program and do what you ask - except not play them, and get rid of them at the end of the season.

Comment

I think we all know who's fault that is, but waiting till next year is along time when you are in the middle of the season. Butler going to get a chance to succeed/fail based on his own players, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating when these guys either refuse to do what they need to do to win or watching guys who are just in over their head and would be better suited playing at a NAIA school.

I still think about the comment that Butler made a couple series ago about people "buying in". Not much you can do if you having players refusing to buy into your program and do what you ask - except not play them, and get rid of them at the end of the season.
                                Oh, one could say some of them have "bought in"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X