Gm 23 - vs Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 23 - vs Nebraska

WSU (14-8) comes off an explicable loss against MOST, giving up 4 runs. I guess it was happen against somebody, but I would have rather them break out their next series.

WSU will host Nebraska in a game that used to have huge cachet. Nebraska is 13-9 with an RPI of 70. Wichita State RPI is 42 (in bubble Territory). Shockers need to win these games to improve the at-large resume. Much like the shockers, they can't seem to get on a consistent roll. Nebraska hitting 0.312 and are a solid fielding team. Their weakness seems to be consistent pitching staff. They are struggling with getting quality starts from their #3 and #4. They have ERA of 6.08 and 6.17. Team ERA is 4.24.

Kyle Kubat is expected to start and he sports the 6.17 ERA. He has started 3 games, but only thrown 12 innings. He has struggled because in those 12 innings he has walked 8 and given up 7 hits. WSU need to jump all over him.

WSU will send Gardner to the mound. He is going to face a potent hitting lineup of 0.385, 0.365, 0.338, 0.326, 0.323, 0.309, 0.309.
    Last edited by SB Shock; March 24, 2014, 06:31 PM.

Well basketball is over (years ago it was over by the end of November) so its time to focus on our baseball Shocks. I can go for a while and watch the boys of late winter compete.

Comment

Time to break out the mesh shirt and cargo shorts Pogo

Comment

We need to win this one and take 2 of 3 from fullerton.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          WSU (14-8) comes off an explicable loss against MOST, giving up 4 runs. I guess it was happen against somebody, but I would have rather them break out their next series.
          I guess is 4-run output is a breakout considering their recent struggles but I though we really let the Bears off the hook by not taking advantage of 11 freebies (9 walks, a hit batter and in infield error). The Shocks stranded 15 base runners. As ET said, Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
            We need to win this one, tomorrow's game at ORU and take 2 of 3 from fullerton.
            Corrected.

Comment

3-1 good guys after 2

Comment

What the hell has happened to Kris Gardner?

Comment

not a good effort by Gardner - gone in the 3rd. NU 4, WSU 3

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Girl problems?

Comment

Shox got something going with two hits in the 3rd and only 1 out.

Comment

Kind of what I have been wondering. Kris was just tremendous as a freshman (5-2 in 13 starts with a team leading ERA among our starters of 2.66). Man I thought we had struck gold with Kris. But he just hasn't seemed as sharp last year or so far this year. Obviously Kris is a control and finesse guy and he really has to be able to locate and change speeds to be effective. I don't know if his command just hasn't been as good as when he was a freshman or if our opponents have figured out how to attack him.

Comment

sigh...weak hitting, let the NU pitcher off the hook

Comment

You can't say HCTB doesn't give players a chance to prove themselves

Comment

You can't say HCTB doesn't give players a chance to prove themselves
                              I guess. Why not Phillips or Zimmerman a little more often? Especially given that the DH and middle infield are two of the available spots. Both managed to hit .350+ in their limited appearances.

Comment

Working...
                              X