No announcement yet.

WSU Baseball Recruiting - Class of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed, he left this morning. Always in a good mood is he.

Comment

• stats from Navarro...didn't pitch much

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Always in a good mood is he.
        So you're saying there are similarities to Gene! :tongue-new:

Comment

• Originally posted by baseball06 View Post
          stats from Navarro...didn't pitch much

http://www.navarrocollege.edu/athlet...3-April-18.pdf
          A walk-on perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            HCTB tweeted he was on his way to Jupiter Florida for recruiting?
            It sounds like PerfectGame has held a big showcase event there every year over the the past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              It sounds like PerfectGame has held a big showcase event there every year over the the past few years.
              That would explain the trip indeed. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Indeed, he left this morning. Always in a good mood is he.
                All of his tweets seem to be pretty upbeat. I like the fact that he doesn't tweet a bunch but what he does has a positive feel about it.

Comment

• Marucci Elite is having a camp in Zachary, LA. LSU, Miss St., Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, ULL, etc will all be there. I wonder if Wichita State is making the trip down.

Comment

• The twitterverse is saying College of Southern Idaho pitcher Isaac Anderson committed to the Shocks. He was a 34th round draft pick of the Royals this past summer.

Comment

• HCTB announce half of his 2014 signing class today.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State has announced nine players from the states of Kansas and Missouri that have signed in the early signing period. The second half of the signing class will be released tomorrow.

The remaining half will be announced tomorrow.

Announced today and not on my list was Alex Van Pelt, a 6-4 1B/LHP from Thomas Aquinas. Looks like kind of skinny kid but that possibly can change as he matures and hits the weights. No stats given so I am wondering if he may be a walk-on.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 18, 2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Interesting resume on Van Pelt, who does look very skinny indeed at this point: basketball as a freshman -- not surprising for a tall kid -- but then stopping and switching instead to pick up three letters in bowling and two in baseball. So he's bowled competitively for longer than he's played baseball (at least well enough to letter)? Coach B (oops!) may really be mining the raw talent here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Interesting resume on Van Pelt, who does look very skinny indeed at this point: basketball as a freshman -- not surprising for a tall kid -- but then stopping and switching instead to pick up three letters in bowling and two in baseball. So he's bowled competitively for longer than he's played baseball (at least well enough to letter)? Coach B (oops!) may really be mining the raw talent here.
                          you are reading things that are not there...

--He has two letters in baseball and three in bowling. All that means is he has played enough on varsity as a sophomore and junior in baseball to earn letters as his senior season hasn't happened yet. I'm sure he played his freshman year, just wasn't on Varsity. Bowling appears to be a spring sport in Kansas as well (I could be wrong) so he has been on varsity or lettered since his freshman season. So he didn't stop and switch at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                            you are reading things that are not there...

--He has two letters in baseball and three in bowling. All that means is he has played enough on varsity as a sophomore and junior in baseball to earn letters as his senior season hasn't happened yet. I'm sure he played his freshman year, just wasn't on Varsity. Bowling appears to be a spring sport in Kansas as well (I could be wrong) so he has been on varsity or lettered since his freshman season. So he didn't stop and switch at all.
                            Bowling is a winter sport. Its state tournament is on February 28 (5-1A) and March 1 (6A).
                            78-65

Comment

• Here is the 2nd half of the recruiting class.

Comment

• If this is the first time the list has been released in this format count me as a fan of it. I'm a visual kind of guy so putting a face to a name is all good.

Comment

Working...
                                X