WSU Baseball Recruiting - Class of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    When asked "How was Wichita?", he replied "great. Loved the coaches".
    Committed to Indiana University

Comment

• According to his twitter, Coffeyville CC 1B/3B Chase Rader is deciding between WSU and Arkansas, where he just returned from a visit.

As a freshman last year he hit .302/.361/.462* with 5 HR*, 35 RBIs and 42 stolen bases*.

*Led the team.
      Last edited by RoyalShock; September 26, 2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Wonder what prompted this:

Todd Butler ‏@CoachToddButler

Wow. Huge day for Shocker Nation#GOSHOCKERS
        Edit: After a quick check of Chase Rader's twitter it appears he has committed to WSU:

Comment

• Where is Chase Rader from (high school)?

Comment

• What's a corner infielder doing leading a team in steals?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              Where is Chase Rader from (high school)?
              Shawnee Mission NW HS - Shawnee, KS

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              What's a corner infielder doing leading a team in steals?
              I thought the same thing. But what's not to like about a guy with power and speed!
              Last edited by RoyalShock; September 26, 2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with it, just looks really weird.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• If William were to answer your question...Must have been a real slow team he was on. Sounds like another solid player. I wonder how hog nation is reacting to Coach Butler "poaching' these guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    What's a corner infielder doing leading a team in steals?
                    Why is that unusual?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Why is that unusual?
                      You're joking again right? I did read where he was a SS in HS.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        You're joking again right? I did read where he was a SS in HS.
                        No. I know as much about baseball as I do women. NOTHING.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          No. I know as much about baseball as I do women. NOTHING.
                          Corner infielders are traditionally bigger players with more power potential than speed. There are exceptions, as always, but 42 steals from a firstbaseman isn't commong. When I read he was a SS in HS, it made a little more sense as they're usually a little more athletic/quick and cover more ground as part of their position. But even in HS that doesn't guarantee speed. This is an intriguing prospect if he has both power and speed.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• At 6-0, 200 lbs Chase doesn't really have the size of a typical D-1 1B, especially height-wise. If he is, in fact, very athletic and his 42 stolen bases last season would seem to indicate that he probably is then I see him playing another position as a Shocker. Could be about anywhere in the infield on even in the outfield.

The thing is when you look at the non-pitchers that Coach Butler has recruited we have a bunch of SS-type players. This is not surprising since many of your better athletes and players seem to end of at SS on their High School teams. Where they will all shake out position-wise at WSU remains to be seen, but having an infield full of Shortstops and a few Shortstops in the outfield even is not a bad thing.

Comment

• May be unusual, but I can think of one Shocker All-American 1st baseman that had a few steals.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                At 6-0, 200 lbs Chase doesn't really have the size of a typical D-1 1B, especially height-wise. If he is, in fact, very athletic and his 42 stolen bases last season would seem to indicate that he probably is then I see him playing another position as a Shocker. Could be about anywhere in the infield on even in the outfield.

The thing is when you look at the non-pitchers that Coach Butler has recruited we have a bunch of SS-type players. This is not surprising since many of your better athletes and players seem to end of at SS on their High School teams. Where they will all shake out position-wise at WSU remains to be seen, but having an infield full of Shortstops and a few Shortstops in the outfield even is not a bad thing.
                                You know, 6'0 and 200 lbs. is pretty stout, not huge but stout. Put another 10 lbs. on him and he is in the big range for a baseball player. I'm going to drop a couple of names of 1st basemen who were about his size and quite fast that were All Americans. Remember Phil Stephenson, and how about Zach Sorenson? If Chase reminds me of them, he can play 3rd, 1st, or somewhere else. They could flat out hit the ball, and they played a mean 1st base too.

Comment

Working...
                                X