Fundraising campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t7017s
    Yes but how much??? We need numbers people or this is just gonna sit and never get anywhere. lets lock in on some numbers and get thsi thing moving.
    t7017s, Royal posted this earlier:

Once we get the T-shirt project completed (getting the final order placed). I will set up a "chip in" with a stated goal to receive donations.
    Not sure when Royal will be ready to go on this, but once he get's the mechanism in place I think we can start tracking the progress.

BTW, thanks for matching my match. Kudos to you. :clap:

Hopefully, we'll get a few more matching offers in the meantime.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Royal, here is my commitment to the ShockerNet Fund (if and when you do it).

I will contribute 10% (up to a maximum of $200) of whatever ShockerNet raises for the indoor practice facility between now and June 30th.

For example: ShockerNet raises $500, I will kick in $50; ShockerNet raises $1,000, I will kick in $100; Shockernet raises $2,000 or more, I will kick in $200.

Correction: I changed the deadline date to June 30th. That will get us through the 2008 CWS (which hopefully the Shocks will be participating in).
      I'll match this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

I will contribute 10% (up to a maximum of $200) of whatever ShockerNet raises for the indoor practice facility between now and June 30th.

For example: ShockerNet raises $500, I will kick in $50; ShockerNet raises $1,000, I will kick in $100; Shockernet raises $2,000 or more, I will kick in $200.

Correction: I changed the deadline date to June 30th. That will get us through the 2008 CWS (which hopefully the Shocks will be participating in).
        I'll match this as well.
        I knew you would. Way to go, Doc! :clap:

Comment

Royal - Is this campaign still a possibility ?

Thanks.

Comment

I'm not a big baseball fan, but a through and through Shocker fan made me realize I should support the whole program, not just the part I really like (Basketball).

That being said, and maybe it's just me, but I have heard nothing about this fundraiser outside of this forum. The Roundhouse Renaissance was everywhere, on all stations, news broadcasts, news paper, etc. I had not seen anything on it since the last time I checked this thread.

Seems to me we need to spread the word, somehow. Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by ICT Ragman
              Royal - Is this campaign still a possibility ?

Thanks.
              Yes. Once the SN t-shirts get printed and I get them shipped out I'll get right on setting this up.

Thanks for bringing it back up. I almost forgot!

Comment

me too. I am in for a max of 200

Comment

fundraising campaign

Sorry, I got knocked off line b4 I could finish. I will match the 200 max!!
                  Go SHOCKS

Comment

I'll be getting this going probably next week. We changed banks and so I need to update my PayPal account accordingly. That will probably take a few days, minimum.

But I do have a question. For those of you who have pledged the 10%/$200 match, please PM me. I'd like to know if you plan on adding that to the SN pool or doing it on your own. It may factor in to how I set up the ChipIn.

Thanks.

Comment

Let me know royal if you you come up with a way to do payment's w/o pay pal. I don't want them taking a cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                        Let me know royal if you you come up with a way to do payment's w/o pay pal. I don't want them taking a cut.
                        I have not contributed (to SN accounts) because I don't have a PayPal account and don't plan to get one. Any options? (I'm ready to write a check!!)
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Personally, I like pay pal for these type of things. You can set up an account very quickly and yes, I think they take a small ( very small) piece, but to me they provide a service.....Either way is fine. I am in.

Comment

There are two main reasons I use PayPal:

1. I really don't like handling the money. It just adds more opportunity for error.

2. I don't want to deal with a bounced check. I realize the chances of that happening with this group are small, but it's still a possibility.

Another reason I want to use it for this project is the "Chip-In" service I plan on using works with PayPal. A Chip-In has a little widget you display on your site that shows the goal and current total.

I also don't mind PayPal getting their cut. They are providing a convenient service. I could not have pulled off the t-shirt project without them (the option of printing shipping labels for each payment was invaluable!). After that project, the Alang-Ntang donations and several hundred eBay transactions I've yet to have a problem with PayPal.

Now, having said that. I also don't want to deny anyone. If PayPal is positively not an option for someone, we can work something out, like you driving to my home and dropping off the cash. (Ok, I'm kidding. I don't want any of you fanatics to know exactly where I live! ;) )

Comment

I will chip in between thru paypal.

Comment

So far we have 4 members committed to the 10% (up to $200) match.

1972Shocker
                                t7017s
                                WuDrWu
                                roadshocker

Still time to add to this list.

Right now every $20 contribution raises $28.

Any other takers?

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                                X