This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the price was for all session passes?
    IIRC they ranged from $40-80 depending on seat location (reserved, GA, etc.)

Comment

• They just announced you can buy standing room only tickets for Friday....

http://m.goshockers.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7500&ATCLID=207987661

Comment

• I can't imagine Bryant will fill its 200 seat allotment. Be ready to get on the horn and start harassing them at 8 AM (don't wait for 8:30) on Friday if ya still wanna go.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewVonLintel View Post
          Good Evening Shockers.

I have been thinking about your starting pitching question. I think that we are probably going to go with McFadden.

McFadden pitched in the first game of the Big 12 tournament and so it seems logical that we might pitch him first in the regional. As I have stated previously, Starting Pitching is not our strong point. The tactical decision has been made to use Williams and Matthys only when it counts and hope that our bats can score early and blow games open enabling us to save the closers for another night. With that being said our starting pitching hasn't been horrible just not what you would normally expect out of a Big 12 Champion.

Flattery is a guy who I thought would pitch last weekend and I think something must have been wrong with him. Hopefully, if he is healthy, we will see him in this tournament and he would be my choice to pitch Friday if he is able. I think McFadden is our best but there are reasons to try and hold him for a probable Arkansas matchup on Saturday.

The main concern for your team is to try and win the game before Matthys and Williams are brought in. If Matthys comes in, he will most likely shut the door on you. He works the hitters and umpires well and generally gets an expanded strike zone because of nice control. Matthys is 8-1 with 7 saves and a 2.13 ERA baseball cap (KS on the front). 5 of his wins are in Big 12 play which ties the leaders in that statistice. Surprisingly he doesn't start games he just wins those tie ball games that he comes into.
          Like quality, civility never goes out of style.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            If you happen to be tone-deaf towards veiled condescension.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              It didnt start out that way, Ricky.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think we may need a new game thread.Change this to the Pregame thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUcatfan View Post
                  I can assure that Brad Hill will NEVER leave KSU for WSU. Currie will meet any offer WSU throws at him......
                  I actually agree with you on that statement. I am as big a Shocker baseball fan as there is (I attend nearly every home and away game) but many of my fellow Shocker fans don't seem to understand the reality of today's division 1 college athletics.

In 2011, KSU made a PROFIT of $23 million from athletics (that is more than the entire WSU athletic budget). They had revenues of around $70 million and expenses of $46 million. They could easily build a baseball stadium bigger and better than ours if they wanted to.

They already spend MORE on baseball than we do ($1,590,793 in 2011) and could easily spend more. And while Gene does make more than Brad Hill right now they already pay their assistant coaches more than we pay Brent and JT. And again if they wanted to they could pay them a lot more. They have a larger operating budget and they don't have to worry about baseball revenue to fund anything they want as they get plenty of money from football and basketball TV revenue to pay for everything.

Case in point. In 2011, KSU's baseball revenue was only $96,422 but they spent $1,590,793 on baseball.

Because they play in a BCS football conference they (and every other BCS school) have a huge revenue source that we just don't have.

Last edited by shocker3; May 29, 2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Is that big profit why KSU never comes to the legislature asking for money?

Sure seems like some funny accounting.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                      I actually agree with you on that statement. I am as big a Shocker baseball fan as there is (I attend nearly every home and away game) but many of my fellow Shocker fans don't seem to understand the reality of today's division 1 college athletics.

In 2011, KSU made a PROFIT of $23 million from athletics (that is more than the entire WSU athletic budget). They had revenues of around $70 million and expenses of $46 million. They could easily build a baseball stadium bigger and better than ours if they wanted to.

They already spend MORE on baseball than we do ($1,590,793 in 2011) and could easily spend more. And while Gene does make more than Brad Hill right now they already pay their assistant coaches more than we pay Brent and JT. And again if they wanted to they could pay them a lot more. They have a larger operating budget and they don't have to worry about baseball revenue to fund anything they want as they get plenty of money from football and basketball TV revenue to pay for everything.

Case in point. In 2011, KSU's baseball revenue was only $96,422 but they spent $1,590,793 on baseball.

Because they play in a BCS football conference they (and every other BCS school) have a huge revenue source that we just don't have.

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2012/0503/esp...disclosure.pdf
                      Then why are they bringing in aluminum bleachers to a juco ballpark?

Comment

• Jim Patterson Field (Louisville) only holds 4,000, but has hosted numerous regionals and a super in the past 6 years.... Is that small to you all too? Serious question guys...

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          Is that big profit why KSU never comes to the legislature asking for money?

Sure seems like some funny accounting.
                          Are you serious ABC? I realize you are a paid spokesman of the tea party/AFP/Koch Industries, but are you really lobbying for decreased funding for our state universities on a sports fan site? You know as well as anyone that athletics are separate from the school. If you and Charles want to change that, I'd support you. But I haven't heard a peep out of AFP about merging the athletic budget with the university budget. You and your employer just want to defund higher education so that Koch and their executives can give their children a boost over other kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                            Are you serious ABC? I realize you are a paid spokesman of the tea party/AFP/Koch Industries, but are you really lobbying for decreased funding for our state universities on a sports fan site? You know as well as anyone that athletics are separate from the school. If you and Charles want to change that, I'd support you. But I haven't heard a peep out of AFP about merging the athletic budget with the university budget. You and your employer just want to defund higher education so that Koch and their executives can give their children a boost over other kids.
                            ??

Tell me where the $23 million goes. If the $23 million is real, then you will hear folks talk about that since KSU whines A LOT about "devastating" funding cuts.

Show me a statement where anyone wants to "defund" higher education.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2012/0503/esp...disclosure.pdf
                              That link is giving unaudited figures and estimates revenues at $69.9M. Turns out the auditors report for June 30, 2011 shows they made $57.8M in revenues. The expenses were close: Unaudited $46.5 vs audited $45.5M.

So the actual "profit" for July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 is $12.4M.

Still pretty impressive, though you way overstated based on that link.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• it's gonna rain....

Comment

Working...
                                X