• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
    it's gonna rain....
    Alot

Comment

it's gonna rain....
      Maybe they can borrow the Illinois State Couch Cushions to keep the field dry.

Comment

• Manhattan Regional preview:

Comment

it's gonna rain....

Anybody know how well the field drains?

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
            Anybody know how well the field drains?
            They have an artificial infield that shouldn't be a problem. If it keeps raining, I suspect the outfield will be swamptastic.

Comment

• From today's Eagle article:

"Stephenson must submit his roster after Thursday morning’s practice.

He is waiting to see how pitcher T.J. McGreevy feels. McGreevy, a senior reliever, sat out last week’s Missouri Valley Conference Tournament with a sore shoulder. If he can pitch, he will make the roster.

If McGreevy isn’t healthy, Stephenson will consider adding Bobbit, as an option off the bench. He will not play the field.

Bobbit, a sophomore who hit 289 in 20 starts, hasn’t played since April 16, when he was hit on the hand by a pitch. Stephenson likes the idea of adding another left-handed hitter to his bench.

“It will be a last-minute decision,” Stephenson said. “(Bobbit) is certainly capable, it appears, of being a pinch-hitter and a pinch-runner. The last two days I’ve been impressed with Bobbit hitting, and he runs well. He can do some things to help us in a pinch.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/05/29/282...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                They have an artificial infield that shouldn't be a problem. If it keeps raining, I suspect the outfield will be swamptastic.
                Outfield is artificial as well. So far, they have been able to play fairly soon after rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                  Outfield is artificial as well. So far, they have been able to play fairly soon after rain.
                  Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember if the outfield was turf or not. So unless we get another couple of inches of rain, play should be able to start shortly after any rain.

Edit: Did they redo the entire field in 2011? Or just add turf to the outfield? I thought I remembered the outfield being grass, but I haven't been there in a couple of years, and it looks like that is no longer the case.

Comment

• "In the summer of 2011, a state-of-the-art AstroTurf GameDay Grass 3D60 infill system was installed on the entire playing surface, replacing the former artificial turf on the infield and warning track as well as the natural grass outfield and bullpens. A natural grass-colored surface was installed in the infield, outfield and foul territory areas, while the traditional clay-infield color covers the warning track, base paths, infield dirt area and the home-plate circle. Additionally, permanent white lines were installed for the foul lines and the batter’s boxes. The renovation keeps K-State at the forefront of infill field technology while maximizing the opportunities to practice and compete in all weather conditions."

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

With the weather expected, the all turf playing surface should come in handy. Now, time to build some bleachers.

Comment

• What's everybody doing for tickets? Did a lot of people that wanted tickets not get them in time? How much black and gold does everybody think will be in Manhattan Friday afternoon??

Comment

• I'm annoyed that I only got tickets to WSU games, but it's my fault for not hitting the online option early enough. I'm thrilled I get to attend.

With a lousy 200 tickets and the expected purple bandies, I will be surprised if more than 400 WSU fans are there.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          With a lousy 200 tickets and the expected purple bandies, I will be surprised if more than 400 WSU fans are there.
                          The ones who do make it though will be a vocal bunch. Gotta love Shocker Nation!
                          78-65

Comment

• I have one ticket, but will try to get two GA tickets tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksin06 View Post
                              What's everybody doing for tickets? Did a lot of people that wanted tickets not get them in time? How much black and gold does everybody think will be in Manhattan Friday afternoon??
                              I didn't get my original request, but as a consolation was awarded two, all-session GA seats. I've yet to see where that will put me, but I doubt it will be too awful. @ABC: is taking one off my hands for tomorrow's game against the Cats since I cannot make it up, but should be there for Saturday and Sunday.

If anyone is interested in using these tickets to the non-WSU games, shoot me a PM.

Comment

• A little pregame hype: http://www.kstatesports.com/allaccess/?media=390443

The breakdown: http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m...053013aab.html

Comment

Working...
                                X