2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    A bit too lazy and busy to do it, but if you want to read twitter tea-leaves, there looks to be many signs of a lot of the notable guys coming back.

Like many have said, not hard to tell, lineup should be about the same and pretty salty, barring a couple exceptions.

Pitching is a complete crap shoot.

Looking through the likes on this might be a start

Comment

• I doubt anyone else leaves if they aren’t it by now. unless Rogers or Millan get a free agent deal they can’t pass up after playing in the draft league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ziggy's Pizza?

Dynasty confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
            Btw HCBG said on Phil’s show he had a center fielder and right fielder locked up from the portal who were conference POY and very fast.?
            This information was lost in the Veritas manifesto but it came from Green himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

This information was lost in the Veritas manifesto but it came from Green himself.
              For some reason I didn’t really take this seriously. Can someone collaborate this that also heard the interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Not sure how many seniors have another year coming (who the eff knows these days) in Greenville, but the Pirates look to be losing a ton. They've been excellent at filling in over the years, but things are different now.

They will lose Yesavage to the draft, and likely JJC. Now that Root is gone....possible guys out of eligibility are Beal, Wilcoxen, Clonch, Berini, Starling, Cunningham, Kahler and Groller, all of whom were major contributors. That's a ton to replace, IF they are all out of eligibility.

Assuming Costello is correct (not questioning Stickboy46 he's just not listed on D1) that's 6 total for ECU so far, joining Root, Nowak, Bryan (GR) and non-roster players Parker Thomas and Isaac Armstrong. Pirates have some work to do.
                So it’s basically just that douchecanoe Dixon Williams left to uphold that sinking ship?

Good luck, douche.

Man, this seems like a good time to capitalize on being a legit AAC contender next year IF we could ever retain and land some arms.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• IF they are managing to keep the rest of the roster, I have to say I'm impressed with that in today's world. I'm not sure it translates into winning the league or an NCAA bid because there just isn't much pitching, but it would speak to some seriously improved continuity and I would think is a good sign about a culture of guys buying in and playing for TEAM as well as themselves.

Still time for that to not happen. Counterpoint, still time for certain pitchers to decide a fully stocked lineup with a mostly competent fielding unit isn't the worst place to be...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    IF they are managing to keep the rest of the roster, I have to say I'm impressed with that in today's world. I'm not sure it translates into winning the league or an NCAA bid because there just isn't much pitching, but it would speak to some seriously improved continuity and I would think is a good sign about a culture of guys buying in and playing for TEAM as well as themselves.

Still time for that to not happen. Counterpoint, still time for certain pitchers to decide a fully stocked lineup with a mostly competent fielding unit isn't the worst place to be...
                    I would guess we will lose others, but maybe not many more.

All that being said, I think we all have some whiplash because of the past three years or so in baseball AND basketball. We have had coaching turnover in both those programs with the very beginnings of the NIL fundraising effort. Those two things combined made it seem TERRIBLE.

Don't get me wrong, it still isn't at all great for a place like WSU. But, with coaching continuity and someone trying to get NIL funds, going forward should be better than it's been for both sports.

Comment

• This guy just gets me excited for the future of the program as much as I hate NIL

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        IF they are managing to keep the rest of the roster, I have to say I'm impressed with that in today's world. I'm not sure it translates into winning the league or an NCAA bid because there just isn't much pitching, but it would speak to some seriously improved continuity and I would think is a good sign about a culture of guys buying in and playing for TEAM as well as themselves.

Not arguing with you at all. Just a counterpoint.....is it really?

43 roster guys. We lost 5 to eligibility, ie they ran out of it.

That leaves 38 who could return and play.

We've lost 10 (26% of the players) and arguably our best (LaPour) plus 3 of the top 15 or so most talented (Williams, Geraghty & Parker Jr). 26% numerically but maybe 33% of our talent.

That seems like a fairly healthy hit that over time is completely unsustainable if you plan to have a consistently successful program.

Comment

• LaPortal is a loss. What is ironic is the three of the four big losses were actually Green recruits. The very good players he had to rerecruit from our Freshman class when he was hired seem to be happy and driven to bring our program back to success levels we haven’t seen for a while. I like all of the Freshman pitchers. Remember playing as a freshman now is different than it was precovid. In this day and age we have 18 yr olds competing against 23-24 year olds. That makes what all our Freshmen did this year extraordinary.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not arguing with you at all. Just a counterpoint.....is it really?

43 roster guys. We lost 5 to eligibility, ie they ran out of it.

That leaves 38 who could return and play.

We've lost 10 (26% of the players) and arguably our best (LaPour) plus 3 of the top 15 or so most talented (Williams, Geraghty & Parker Jr). 26% numerically but maybe 33% of our talent.

That seems like a fairly healthy hit that over time is completely unsustainable if you plan to have a consistently successful program.
                            Eh - Do not really agree.

50% of the four you mentioned by name did not really come close to being a factor on last year's team, which was below what the standards here ought to be anyway. Not to mention the others not mentioned, who were even less of a factor.

I mean I get it, I think you want to keep DJP and Geraghty, but I think it is unrealistic to assume that any program will keep guys like that who are basically benched.

WSU lost its top returning starting pitcher, its DH (who was benched at the end of the season) and several others who did not play - So far. I think phrasing that as "33% of the talent" is a stretch, again IMO.

IF it stayed as we are today - 7/7 of the eligible guys in the starting lineup you trotted out there in the AAC Championship game are back. I was / am as beat up as anybody about Tommy leaving, but I think extrapolating that to being unsustainable as a program is a stretch,
                            Last edited by ShockerExpress; June 6, 2024, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• I figured a discussion would ensue so here is evidence you may drawn upon:

Batting Stats 24.jpg Pitching Stats 24.jpg Fielding Stats 24.jpg

Comment

• Where did we see Williams is leaving? I have seen anything in the paper or the transfer portal aka X.

Comment

Working...
                                X