2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I’m all about spoofed websites with front facing servers that steal information.
    Sweet, I'll polish the clubs!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

S T F U
      Are you still alive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He sends out the teaser so that those of us that are interested know to PM him for the scoop, because he's not going to publicly post it. Sometimes I bite and ask, because I am genuinely interested in the conversation/player/happening and just want to know, other times I don't care about the particular topic he's talking about so I don't bother. He doesn't just spam a big list of people that may not care about a specific topic.

And since you're a long time poster with credibility here he would probably share with you right along with others he trusts, but instead of asking him in a DM what in the heck he's talking about you take the opposite approach and publicly harass him. But honestly I like your Nostradamus posts and think they're funny as heck so I hope you keep ribbing him. LOL

But believe me, HE DOES HAVE IT.
        Gotcha. Makes sense. Appreciate the clarification. Personally, I dislike clickbait, but I now understand his process a bit more.

Comment

• I’ve noticed multiple players have liked this tweet. Makes me think they aren’t too pleased with his transfer

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
            https://x.com/barstoolshocks/status/...BMueZK1t4q9IEg

I’ve noticed multiple players have liked this tweet. Makes me think they aren’t too pleased with his transfer
            OUCH!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

OUCH!!
              Yeah.. yeeesh.

Something tells me this was a bit unexpected / came from someone in his ear.

Comment

I’ve noticed multiple players have liked this tweet. Makes me think they aren’t too pleased with his transfer
                ….or they just find it funny.

Comment

Including Eric Fettinger, who is in the portal. I'm not sure he played at all for us.

Comment

• Or they are jealous they didn’t get a car or a pile of cash to leave. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Including Eric Fettinger, who is in the portal. I'm not sure he played at all for us.
                      Big difference between a guy being told “hey, thanks a bunch for your contributions here, we want you to go play and have a great career”

and “show me the money”
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I’ll just put this here… some good comments from former Shocker Mark Grogan.

He’s also authored a book.

“I hope to God, that experience is still possible. It is not healthy to give the message that adversity should force you to jump ship. Let’s tell kids to battle through, develop, grow up! Go Shockers! You have my heart forever!”

“When I saw that 1400 kids had entered the baseball transfer portal already, including seven from @GoShockersBSB , I wondered if the days of kids developing and growing as players were over. Could Head Coaches be firm with players without that biting them after the season?”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Very well said by Mark

Comment

• As disappointed as I am LaPour entered.....I'm a little pleasantly surprised at the moment at the lack of other names. Still time for that to happen, but at least the entire roster didn't empty on Day 1 of the portal.

Unfortunately, even if everyone else stays it's gonna be hard to conjure an entire starting rotation out of thin air.

Comment

• I think we'll be ok in the field and at the plate. We're good at 3B, SS and options at 1B. Good C (need a backup), move Jordo to the outfield with Haworth and I like David Mauzy at CF. Serviceable, at minimum, at DH. Need a 2B and a backup C.

Obviously pitching is the issue, as it was this season. We were living on a hope and a prayer after Caden and Tommy.

Right now, I'd kill for a hope OR a prayer.

All things considered, Brady Hamilton was fantastic this season. Tyler Dobbs can be a serviceable midweek guy IF he can find a fastball above mid 80s and gain some control (certainly possible). I personally have high hopes for Jerry and Drew but it is mostly hope and untapped talent right now. I believe Jack Mount is better than most think, but he's not been tested beyond 1 inning for the most part. After that.....sheesh. Hope that Michael Mulhollon can come back healthy and find his potential. Hunter Holmes is the only short guy out of the pen that you can trust right now....and even HH had a 4.5 ERA....hardly a lock down arm. And at least right now, there's hardly a "Friday" guy in that list.

To my eyes, beyond that, and it's already wishful, is really out on a limb. We're bringing in about the 7th and 8th best pitchers for Crowder College. The kid that redshirted at ISUr, Gradin Taschner, at least has some projectables. His father got more than a cup of coffee in the bigs for San Fran and Gradin had a few good outings for some D2Juco outfit called Madison College before shutting it down in late March. He would be the 2nd guy we're probably counting on that hasn't been healthy or playing much for about 3 years. Then there's Tucker Russell for Highland Park Juco. 13 starts, nearly a 10 ERA and 3.00 WHIP. Walked twice as many as he struckout and a .317 opponents batting average. I see him with 2 options...they'll change his slot and he'll lead the country in appearances or he's here to help us improve at getting hit....he did lead his team with 13 HBP and added 11 WPs. I mean JFC. I think I still have availability. LHP, FB sits high 60s, low 70s. PerfectGame 1.3 rating....projecting as a probable beer league inning eater type. Can throw maybe one pitch for a strike, a modified Eephus pitch. I can spin it a little with different arm slots once I get warmed up (usually takes about a day and a half).

Comment

• Of course, all of that is based on no more transfers....which is highly unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                                X