2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could have been:

We had these guys committed at one time or another in the class of '21 that had eligibility available this season:

Payton Tolle
    Aiden May
    Caden Favors
    Nate Adler
    Matt Boyer
    Robert Cranz

Brock Rodden
    Jackson Nicklaus
    Xavier Casserilla

Alex Birge

That's just the 2021 class

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Ahhhhhh. Are your feelings hurt? Surely if you stopped bleeding all over the chairs they would invite you back.
      Typical misogynistic approach by you, and his checker playing 3rd stringers.
      No wonder the SB coach hates some of you. Unfortunately she singled out the wrong guy.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        What could have been:

We had these guys committed at one time or another in the class of '21 that had eligibility available this season:

Payton Tolle
        Aiden May
        Caden Favors
        Nate Adler
        Matt Boyer
        Robert Cranz

Brock Rodden
        Jackson Nicklaus
        Xavier Casserilla

Alex Birge

You tend to criticize HC Green in a nuanced cowardly way.
        Yet you had a strange bromance with the Butler.
        Why the inconsistency? Do you think Butler was a better coach. He certainly recruited well but results weren’t positive.

Comment

What could have been:

Payton Tolle
          Aiden May
          Caden Favors
          Nate Adler
          Matt Boyer
          Robert Cranz

Brock Rodden
          Jackson Nicklaus
          Xavier Casserilla

Alex Birge

There was a time I thought a lot about stuff like this, too. I particularly thought a lot about it in basketball after CPJ graduated with all the guys IB had with him the previous few years.

But, a lot of those guys did play together in 2023 and 2022, and both those teams were worse than 2024 - with quite a bit more talent.

I want guys who want to be Shockers.

I think Eric W’s decision making kinda blew up any chance at having success with those guys, so hard to begrudge any of them. I am more than ready to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            You tend to criticize HC Green in a nuanced cowardly way.
            Yet you had a strange bromance with the Butler.
            Why the inconsistency? Do you think Butler was a better coach. He certainly recruited well but results weren’t positive.
            This conversation is so far above your pay grade it's not funny.

But here's a little help:

I'm not critical of HCBG. In fact, I've been quite liberal in my praise of the results this season, results that I openly said I didn't expect.

I have said that recruiting less talented players is a more difficult path to success, in my opinion.

There's too small a sample size to compare the 2 just yet. Butler was an excellent evaluator of talent. I'm not sure how good a recruiter he was, but I think his assistants were good solid recruiters. There can be little argument that HCBG got more out of his team, this season, than any coach at WSU did in the last 10 years, at least.

That certainly counts for something. We won't know about talent evaluation or recruiting for a couple more years, at least. That's just how baseball recruiting works.

I enjoyed this season more than any in the last several. These young men played hard and with a purpose and together. That's a new direction.

Comment

This conversation is so far above your pay grade it's not funny.

But here's a little help:

I'm not critical of HCBG. In fact, I've been quite liberal in my praise of the results this season, results that I openly said I didn't expect.

I have said that recruiting less talented players is a more difficult path to success, in my opinion.

There's too small a sample size to compare the 2 just yet. Butler was an excellent evaluator of talent. I'm not sure how good a recruiter he was, but I think his assistants were good solid recruiters. There can be little argument that HCBG got more out of his team, this season, than any coach at WSU did in the last 10 years, at least.

That certainly counts for something. We won't know about talent evaluation or recruiting for a couple more years, at least. That's just how baseball recruiting works.

I enjoyed this season more than any in the last several. These young men played hard and with a purpose and together. That's a new direction.
              That’s a fair summary
              Thank you for explaining your position.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Typical misogynistic approach by you, and his checker playing 3rd stringers.
                No wonder the SB coach hates some of you. Unfortunately she singled out the wrong guy.
                Well, you certainly fit the bill of the entitled, privileged, unreasonable expectations group.

Definitely fill the negativity before any semblance of support.

Perhaps us “misogynists” aren’t the ones she is calling out as we tend to support the athletes who give their all to WSU 100% regardless of results.

Perhaps you WAAC’s are the problem she is referring to.

Comment

I neglected maybe the important difference....HCBG has done more, put more effort into repairing and expanding both the fan and donor base than the previous 3 head coaches combined.....and in just under 1 year. Very much needed, and he's been fantastic there so far.

Comment

Btw HCBG said on Phil’s show he had a center fielder and right fielder locked up from the portal who were conference POY and very fast.?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I neglected maybe the important difference....HCBG has done more, put more effort into repairing and expanding both the fan and donor base than the previous 3 head coaches combined.....and in just under 1 year. Very much needed, and he's been fantastic there so far.
                      I can agree with that but it begs the question as to why you continued to support the Butler when he clearly was underperforming. Perhaps a personal relationship with the guy clouded your reasoning? Something was askew with your logic.

Comment

But, usually you need dudes. Geraghty is a dude. And he gone.
                        I have seen plenty of "dudes" come into this program and make an impact as Frosh. Unfortunately, he didn't pitch like a "dude," and this is on a team lacking pitching "dudes." So maybe he was just a wanna-be dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Well, you certainly fit the bill of the entitled, privileged, unreasonable expectations group.

Definitely fill the negativity before any semblance of support.

Perhaps us “misogynists” aren’t the ones she is calling out as we tend to support the athletes who give their all to WSU 100% regardless of results.

Perhaps you WAAC’s are the problem she is referring to.
                          At least you’re honest with yourself and admit you are misogynistic.
                          Being honest with oneself is the first step to self awareness and improvement.

Comment

• Gimme guys that throw 88 and get outs. I'm interested in Wichita State winning baseball games, not solely serving as a place where talent can get scouted once a week.

Now, you find some guys throwing 95 and getting people out, it's not like I'm not here for it, or realize that it creates a higher ceiling. I'm just a little less enamored with the radar gun and the launch angles than I am with consistent hitting and fielding and the ability to actually pitch. Not that I think we should be running ANYONE off at this point, but I get where there might be some difference of opinion on value, and if you have limited resources you might not be using them on guys with 'high upside' but a year of zero results.

Edit: I should try to clarify my 'point,' such as it is. More than one thing can be true. It can be true that a guy like Geraghty with high upside thinks he is worth more (in whatever way we want to think) than the coaching staff does. And he can turn out to be right and go on to have a great career somewhere else. It can also be true that after spending a year working with the player and giving him many opportunities which proved utterly fruitless, the current coaching staff can in no way justify using what little resources they have on keeping said player.
                            Last edited by Cdizzle; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Yes. Still work to be done, but I at least feel like if the team starts winning fans aren't going to have to run an obstacle course to re-engage with the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

At least you’re honest with yourself and admit you are misogynistic.
                                Being honest with oneself is the first step to self awareness and improvement.
                                And one day you too might gain some enlightenment on just who you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X