No announcement yet.

2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw that as well, frustrating as he has talent.

Comment

• And here I am holding my bag of all the DPJ shares.

I think he'll be fantastic somewhere. He got a fair shake and had the yips. He'll likely go somewhere else and not have the yips and hit .350 with some pop. Hopefully this means both Durnin and Rogers are staying, but who the heck knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        And here I am holding my bag of all the DPJ shares.

I think he'll be fantastic somewhere. He got a fair shake and had the yips. He'll likely go somewhere else and not have the yips and hit .350 with some pop. Hopefully this means both Durnin and Rogers are staying, but who the heck knows.
        Yeah I echo everything you said. 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          Darnell Parker Jr. portalling.

On bar with the Birge deflection.

I wish kids would stick it out, but if they struggle it’s not just shocking to see them move on. You just don’t get second chances with kids anymore.

If Darnell could have thrown to 1st the first 1/3 of the year, I wonder if this would be happening.
          Can't blame him. They could have brought him in to play anywhere on the infield late in games that were out of hand. Get ready for a lot more names will be in the portal today.

Comment

• I sure thought DPJ was the man in the fall (even though he couldn't hit a lick). I can understand this transfer, even if I hate losing the upside (and I do) ...he's behind a stud in Kam Durnin who is likely to be an all conference level or higher SS for as long as he stays at WSU, and one that has developed pop at the plate as the season progressed (I believe he hit .311 the last 2 months of the season....certainly a solid number to build upon).

Unless you have aspirations to play somewhere else besides SS, you're likely to rarely see the diamond, and I think DPJ wants to and SHOULD play SS. (This does beg the question why we have so many middle infielders on the committed list, but I digress). I do think 2nd base is an open position, not because I think Rogers will leave (I have no idea what his plans are) but because I think they'll move him to the outfield where we need more help.

He was a good teammate and a solid dugout presence and I wish the young man the best moving forward and I will be paying attention to where he lands and how he develops.

Comment

• I had wondered about Rogers being available to play in the OF again. The flexibility would certainly be nice. Particularly if he's going to keep hitting .300 with a medium amount of pop.

The DPJ thing is one that seems like nobodies fault and seems like it's probably what's best for everyone. And the sort of thing that would have also happened before the world of NIL and portals. I was super high on him and disappointed I won't get to see that come to fruition at WSU, but I feel both that WSU has found a good SS AND that DPJ will go on to have a highly successful career.

Comment

• Per X, Luke Agnew is in the portal as well. PG9 as an incoming freshman '23-'24 but didn't make the team (could have been injured IDK). He had a good fastball for a FR (low 90s) but not a lot else in the bag. Not terribly surprising. He needs to pitch somewhere and develop a couple of options. Good luck Luke!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Discretion??? That’s laughable. Doesn’t post to elevate himself??? With nearly 30k posts, that’s exactly what he does. He might as well stand in Kosich Korner with a WuducWu flag.

The duc still hasn’t answered questions from posts #71 or #75 of this topic!! Typical.

You do realize, don't you, that you attempt to mock me by laughing at the notion that I might ever use discretion, then, within 50 words, complain that I exercised it when I didn't answer your questions?

That defines "typical".

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Per X, Luke Agnew is in the portal as well. PG9 as an incoming freshman '23-'24 but didn't make the team (could have been injured IDK). He had a good fastball for a FR (low 90s) but not a lot else in the bag. Not terribly surprising. He needs to pitch somewhere and develop a couple of options. Good luck Luke!
                    I'm hearing Tommy Lapour and Derek Williams are in the portal. There goes the top 3 recruits and most power on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersdad View Post

I'm hearing Tommy Lapour and Derek Williams are in the portal. There goes the top 3 recruits and most power on the team.
                      Let’s hope they stay!

Comment

Nothing on their social media

Comment

I hope you’re actually sure about it before you post stuff like that.

Not at all saying you’re wrong, because I have no idea.

Comment

• If it’s not out in public shouldn’t be posted in my opinion

Comment

• Once of the many things I love about 3G and Gene is there was no limit in their minds on how much success Wichita State could have. I know KB feels that way about softball as well, and I am beginning to get that drift from Green. Different times now, but college baseball still has wiggle room for the non P4 schools (really P3, because the Big 10 is garbage).

Comment

IF you’re a great player, you’re silly not to explore.

BUT if you explore, you should start with a conversation with your current coach with a plan in place. Free until X day to explore and return but after that day, you will be replaced.

It’s asset management. And they made it that way. Anyone who doesn’t, shut the door behind them and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X