Wichita at UAB (Mar 22-24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Probably Dobbs but Zang will certainly be available.

I'm not giving up on this, but looking at our results and schedule, I don't think at large is in the cards for this group, barring a ridiculous and pie in the sky finish to the season.

We're 15-8 and you're just punished for Q4 games (which aren't Q at all...the bottom HALF of D1 is "called" Q4) which we have 13 of right now and 2 are losses. I doubt LBSU stays there, but UAB probably does and at least 1 or 2 other AAC teams will be there.

Unless we go something like 19-5 the rest of the way in conference and at least 6-3 (40-15) in remaining non con I think we're in a win or go home position in Clearwater. And even that might not be enough. I think that is exactly why HCBG talks about scheduling up. Nothing against some of the opponents, but they just do nothing for us. I also think that's why he talks about preparing to win in Florida. He knows that's likely the only path to postseason, so let's get ready for that week.

Our RPI is 66 40% through the season. We're a ton better than I thought we'd be. Who knows.......
    Even better, RPI is now at 58.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Winning a conference series on the road is great, regardless of the opponent's record. So far, there is a real grit and chemistry to this team that is impressive especially considering how many new players we have. Keep it going. Go Shox.

Comment

Probably Dobbs but Zang will certainly be available.

I'm not giving up on this, but looking at our results and schedule, I don't think at large is in the cards for this group, barring a ridiculous and pie in the sky finish to the season.

We're 15-8 and you're just punished for Q4 games (which aren't Q at all...the bottom HALF of D1 is "called" Q4) which we have 13 of right now and 2 are losses. I doubt LBSU stays there, but UAB probably does and at least 1 or 2 other AAC teams will be there.

Unless we go something like 19-5 the rest of the way in conference and at least 6-3 (40-15) in remaining non con I think we're in a win or go home position in Clearwater. And even that might not be enough. I think that is exactly why HCBG talks about scheduling up. Nothing against some of the opponents, but they just do nothing for us. I also think that's why he talks about preparing to win in Florida. He knows that's likely the only path to postseason, so let's get ready for that week.

Our RPI is 66 40% through the season. We're a ton better than I thought we'd be. Who knows.......
        WSU RPI has now inched up to 58. Boyd has WSU at 50 in the ISR. Which says the RPI is undervaluing WSU.

Warren Nolan projects WSU RPI to be 35 by the end of the season. He projects 19-10 conference and 41-15 overall. Bottomline, is WSU could be at-large material with the quality of non-conference games they have left. But it comes down to winning games. WSU needs sweeps and Q1 wins.

We have seen this before though - team look like they are getting over the hump and something happens that breaks the team confidence, and they implode.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU RPI has now inched up to 58. Boyd has WSU at 50 in the ISR. Which says the RPI is undervaluing WSU.

Warren Nolan projects WSU RPI to be 35 by the end of the season. He projects 19-10 conference and 41-15 overall. Bottomline, is WSU could be at-large material with the quality of non-conference games they have left. But it comes down to winning games. WSU needs sweeps and Q1 wins.

We have seen this before though - team look like they are getting over the hump and something happens that breaks the team confidence, and they implode.
          When’s the last time we’ve seen this before? If you don’t think the whole mindset and organization has changed, then you haven’t been paying close attention.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Man, I'm telling you....the Coach's show is must listen to every week. SO good. It's humbling almost to think what we haven't had the last decade plus.

Comment

• Comment

Man, I'm telling you....the Coach's show is must listen to every week. SO good. It's humbling almost to think what we haven't had the last decade plus.
                They are indeed entertaining and informative. He seems so at ease and natural. It might be my imagination but does Mike sound even more at ease around Coach Green.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever

When’s the last time we’ve seen this before?
                  Last year. The team had 6-5 Q1 record and then faltered down the stretch going 5-10, playing terrible in the conference tournament, and taking away any slim chance of at-large.

If you don’t think the whole mindset and organization has changed, then you haven’t been paying close attention.
                  WSU is making good against Q4 opponents, but are not beating Q1 opponents. They need to win games like last night. There had the opportunity, they stranded over twice as many people than OSU. Difference is WSU melted in the late inning with a couple walks (including a leadoff walk). When OSU tried to return the favor in the 8th and 9th WSU could not execute.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Last year. The team had 6-5 Q1 record and then faltered down the stretch going 5-10, playing terrible in the conference tournament, and taking away any slim chance of at-large.

WSU is making good against Q4 opponents, but are not beating Q1 opponents. They need to win games like last night. There had the opportunity, they stranded over twice as many people than OSU. Difference is WSU melted in the late inning with a couple walks (including a leadoff walk). When OSU tried to return the favor in the 8th and 9th WSU could not execute.

Are you expecting WSU to be a CWS team or host a regional?

Im disappointed in last night but Q1 games are hard for a reason.

What was our Q2-Q4 record at this time last year? At no point did I think we were close to an at large team last year. We sure didn’t have consistency or a mindset of a winner. There is no comparison between last year and this year.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                    X