Wichita at UAB (Mar 22-24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Unrelated to anything, but Smallwood is a rough name.
    Laughing my ass off ... for a friend.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Cornstalks 4, Seahorses 1.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 9-1 Cornstalks going to home half of the 9th. Just about had a beheading. Yikes!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Johnson just hits the ball hard so frequently. Really makes you think there's something non-fluky going on with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Johnson just hits the ball hard so frequently. Really makes you think there's something non-fluky going on with him.
            Brock Rodden II

Comment

Brock Rodden II
              Gonna have to add some strength this summer/fall to get there, but could happen. Looks like he has the early makings of a better defender.

Comment

• Shocks take the series with a 9-1 win.

UAB was picked last in the conference. They aren't a particularly good hitting team. They do seem to field ok. Starting pitching is solid. Bullpen is weak. I think their starting pitching will keep them out of the basement. A sweep would have been nice, but winning the series is the goal. And they looked good doing it after dropping a tough game Friday.

Comment

9-1 Cornstalks going to home half of the 9th. Just about had a beheading. Yikes!
                  Cornstalks?

Comment

• Was out-of-pocket until the 9th inning. Great to see the Shocks come away with the series win. Nice response after Game 1.

Holding teams to 4 hits and 1 unearned run will win you a lot of ballgames. Good to see Daniel Zang get in for a solid inning of work.

9 rund, 8 of them earned, on 13 hits will also win you a lot of ballgames.

Josh Livingston is an interesting case. He came into the game hitting .185 with 5 hits in 27 at bats. 1 single, 1 double and 3 home runs. He had his first multiple hit game today with a double and a home run. So now he is hitting .233 with 1 single, 2 doubles and 4 home runs. Is this Seth Stroh, Jr. Any way good job today Josh.

I did get to see the Shockers final out of the game. Would that UAB pitcher still be alive if he had not got his glove up at the last millisecond?

Looking forward to watching the ESPN+ replay tongiht.

Who will get that start Tuesday vs Oklahoma State. I wondering if they might give Zang a shot to start that one. Dobbs is probably available as well has he only pitched 1.1 innings this weekend. Whichever order you might use those 2 in they provide pretty contrasting looks for the hitters to deal with.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 24, 2024, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Cornstalks?
                      That was a ‘follow-up’ to a post from Kung Wu. Lol!

Comment

9-1 Cornstalks going to home half of the 9th. Just about had a beheading. Yikes!
                        So are we now the Shuckers?

Comment

• Comment

• I know we have 21st Street along the left field wall of Eck Statdium but the road that runs along the right field wall at UAB's ball park kind of takes it to a different level.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 24, 2024, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Probably Dobbs but Zang will certainly be available.

I'm not giving up on this, but looking at our results and schedule, I don't think at large is in the cards for this group, barring a ridiculous and pie in the sky finish to the season.

We're 15-8 and you're just punished for Q4 games (which aren't Q at all...the bottom HALF of D1 is "called" Q4) which we have 13 of right now and 2 are losses. I doubt LBSU stays there, but UAB probably does and at least 1 or 2 other AAC teams will be there.

Unless we go something like 19-5 the rest of the way in conference and at least 6-3 (40-15) in remaining non con I think we're in a win or go home position in Clearwater. And even that might not be enough. I think that is exactly why HCBG talks about scheduling up. Nothing against some of the opponents, but they just do nothing for us. I also think that's why he talks about preparing to win in Florida. He knows that's likely the only path to postseason, so let's get ready for that week.

Our RPI is 66 40% through the season. We're a ton better than I thought we'd be. Who knows.......

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                I know we have 21st Street along the left field wall of Eck Statdium but the road that runs along the right field wall at UAB's ball park kind of takes it to a different level.

About 2 seconds later and

Comment

Working...
                                X