Wichita at UAB (Mar 22-24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Boom! Tommy gets a foul out, K to end the threat. 1-1 top 4.

Let's get some runs!
    I said runS not run.

Josh hits a rope out for a 2-1 lead. Tommy completes the break (tennis parlance) with a lightning quick 1-2-3 inning on only 10 pitches.

Camden opens the 5th with a double and we're in business again.

Comment

I was critical of our approach early, and I need to be equal in my praise...as the game has gone on, our guys have adjusted and are now getting to this guy who is a good pitcher, if not very good. And, at 75 and trailing, that rope is getting to the end.

We need to punish him now.

Comment

I really dislike the gamesmanship offensive team meeting after a pitching visit.

I super hate that bunt. .340 hitter hitting what's gotta be .550 the last 3+ weeks and you're giving a teetering pitcher an out.

Shox do convert on a double off the first baseman's glove to score 2 runs.

Comment

Really good execution....our hottest hitter moves them over on a solid sacrifice bunt and Jaden brings them both home on a double off the 1B. 4-1 Shocks.

Geez....DWills K was a product of blue calling strike 2 that was a foot down and a foot outside. Grrrrrrr

Josh almost fouls one off his twig and berries...that'll leave a mark for sure.

He Ks but it's 4-1 to the bottom of the 5th and Colin Daniel is at 91 pitches. Great job Shocks. Another shut down inning from Tommy would, obviously, be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            I really dislike the gamesmanship offensive team meeting after a pitching visit.

I super hate that bunt. .340 hitter hitting what's gotta be .550 the last 3+ weeks and you're giving a teetering pitcher an out.

Shox do convert on a double off the first baseman's glove to score 2 runs.
            I hear you, and I know/knew people wouldn't like that play, but up 2-1, 1 run was big, and 2 were huge. Puts a lot of heat on a team that's not swinging it that well against a pitcher that's settled in and pretty strong. Plus we have the superior bullpen.

Tough call, but I liked it. But I'm with you on the offensive timeout gamesmanship. No bueno.

Tommy dealing now. FB still mid 90s. K, K, groundout and it's 4-1 top 6.

Pitch clock seems to be working again.

Comment

I like that bunt in the 7th inning or later. In the 5th? Let's make it a 7-inning game.

Durnin made a very fine play deep in the hole to end the 5th. Nice.

Comment

We’ve apparently found our everyday short stop… he’s made some solid plays today.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  We’ve apparently found our everyday short stop…
                  Maybe Parker Jr can play 1B. Wouldn't have to throw much.

Comment

Absolutely dynamite play by Kam on that grounder deep into the hole.

Tommy's at 82 pitches through 5 and he has pitched a beauty!

Colin Daniel is out for another inning. Make him work guys.

Birge's single is enough to run Daniel after 100 pitches. One time Shocker Christian Clack on again (pitched Friday) to try and keep the deficit at 3.

He'll face Camden Johnson who continues to hit the ball hard.

Comment

• What the hell was that, Birge.

Also, they've given Johnson a fielder's choice on that which feels like absolute highway robbery. That's a hit 12 times out of 10.

Comment

• LaPour with a 4-pitch walk to start the 6th. I like keeping him in there if they think he's still got something in the tank, but he didn't finish any of those pitches.

Comment

• Damn it. A mistake, albeit an understandable one. Camden gets a infield single but Birge rounds 3rd a tad too aggressively and is picked off. 4-1 bottom 6.

Will be a tiny bit surprised if Tommy comes out for another inning.

He is out there. Any trouble and I'm certain they'll go to the bullpen.

Just a phantom ball on P1 leads to a 4 pitch walk. That's why we should have already been in the pen to start the inning. Eff.

Holmes in after a wasted walk to start the inning. BIG ABs for Hunter here.

Comment

• Agree pitch one from LaPour was clearly a strike on the outer half. Then the next 3 were well off the plate. A lot of that happening the last week.

Comment

• Unrelated to anything, but Smallwood is a rough name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                What the hell was that, Birge.

Also, they've given Johnson a fielder's choice on that which feels like absolute highway robbery. That's a hit 12 times out of 10.
                                You have to be kidding me on the FC.

Great work by triple H (I am assuming his middle name starts with an H, no other letter is acceptable) and Mo threw a dart to get the runner. Love the execution.

Comment

Working...
                                X