2023 Off-season and Portal Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockies Dad View Post
    Is it confirmed anywhere that Green is bringing Claggett with him? I haven't seen any official staff announcements other than Sirrianni leaving.
    Was your son a pitcher? What are your thoughts on Claggett, if you have any?

Comment

Comment

My son was the starting catcher so I know he has some relevant thoughts. I was 1200 miles away so I don't have any really useful insight other than what I observed from a distance. Green's teams up there certainly hit well enough. Pitching was always the issue. It is tough to recruit pitchers to that kind of environment. The weather is brutal, it is almost 2400 feet elevation and it is a real hitters park. My opinion is that criticisms about Claggett would have to take those factors into consideration. Having said that, I personally didn't see pitchers up there develop or get better and that would be my biggest criticism.

Comment

Chuck leaving for K-state...

That hurts. I don't see K-state doing that well next year... but oh well.

Comment

Expect to hear new landing spots for Gadler and Penny soon.

Comment

Next year's roster as best as I can tell. I am sure someone can and will correct me if I am wrong, which is highly possible. I would expect quite a bit of movement on the recruit side as things begin to unfold. Although, there might not be much room for these kids to go elsewhere as teams throw money at proven players in the portal.

Those I am most concerned about from the recruits are Tyner Horn, Jerson Martin, Ryan Geraghty, Jeremiah Arnett, Holden Pantier, and Gannon Snyder. Have noticed several that liked the Green announcement on Twitter, FWIW.

bball grid.jpg

Comment

Also wonder if Green will target this kid. Was already being recruited by the previous staff and went to Green's high school in Temecula, CA. Listed as uncommitted.

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                  Tolle has entered the portal.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                    .... and more players will be returning soon I hear.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Next year's roster as best as I can tell. I am sure someone can and will correct me if I am wrong, which is highly possible. I would expect quite a bit of movement on the recruit side as things begin to unfold. Although, there might not be much room for these kids to go elsewhere as teams throw money at proven players in the portal.

Those I am most concerned about from the recruits are Tyner Horn, Jerson Martin, Ryan Geraghty, Jeremiah Arnett, Holden Pantier, and Gannon Snyder. Have noticed several that liked the Green announcement on Twitter, FWIW.

bball grid.jpg
                      I think you can add, for now at least, Sammy Harris from NOC Juco. Also, I'm led to believe that Holden Pantier is a solid for '23-'24, for whatever that is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I think you can add, for now at least, Sammy Harris from NOC Juco. Also, I'm led to believe that Holden Pantier is a solid for '23-'24, for whatever that is worth.
                        So, Doc, with 16 freshmen listed on the roster:

1) Are all of these solid commits at this time?

2) Who look like the top freshmen that will most help this team lacking in upperclassmen?

3) What newcomers did we NOT retain and how do they compare to the ones still coming on board?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Jace minor to Oklahoma

Comment

Updated with Sammy Harris:

bball grid.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              Jace minor to Oklahoma
                              With Jordy Bahl leaving, that freed up some money from the salary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

With Jordy Bahl leaving, that freed up some money from the salary cap.
                                Those teams don't really have a cap they just pay the luxury tax...back to themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X