Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh...

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Why anybody would send their kid into the rape and hard drug culture prevalent at KU is beyond me.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Somewhat disappointed they’re leaving as I enjoyed watching many of them play. But Green is our new coach, and last season’s team disappointingly underperformed down the stretch, and I bid them farewell and good luck. Would like to retain Tolle and a few others but they need to want it too.

I shall celebrate those that have decided to stay and remain a Shocker ( Gustafson, Nate Adler, Michael Mulhollon, Millan, Birge,Jordan Rogers, Seth Stroh, Colton Vercoe)
          Go Shox!
          Last edited by Veritas; June 15, 2023, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Somewhat disappointed they’re leaving as I enjoyed watching many of them play. But Green is our new coach, and last season’s team disappointingly underperformed down the stretch, and I bid them farewell and good luck. Would like to retain Tolle and a few others but they need to want it too.

I shall celebrate those that have decided to stay and remain a Shocker ( Gustafson, Nate Adler, Michael Mulhollon, Millan)

Go Shox!
            Agreed. Time to move on. Sucks but it is what it is at this point. I am a Shocker fan first and foremost.

Comment

F em all. Watch them crash and burn at Nebraska, k state, OU, and KU.

Comment

Tolle is the most disappointing.

Comment

My disappoinment and disillusionment is more with college sports in general than with specific players. The players are simply navigating the Swamp that has been created by the powers that be.

Comment

Going to instate rivals like KSU and KU tells me how bought into being a Shocker they were.

Time to move on and bring in new guys.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      Going to instate rivals like KSU and KU tells me how bought into being a Shocker they were.

Time to move on and bring in new guys.
                      That’s the best options they could get. A lateral if not downgrade move. They’re gonna be on Big 12 doormats but hey, they made it to the Big 12.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If KU and KSU are recruiting WSU players in season why are they playing them? I understand it won’t stop the recruiting but why let them come down here and play in front of their Wichita fans? Seriously, just play Missouri state, DBU, or someone like that instead. Little bit further travel but not a ton more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                          If KU and KSU are recruiting WSU players in season why are they playing them? I understand it won’t stop the recruiting but why let them come down here and play in front of their Wichita fans? Seriously, just play Missouri state, DBU, or someone like that instead. Little bit further travel but not a ton more.
                          Interesting take. Unfortunately it's both punitive and petty (and I am a big proponent of both to be frank) and does nothing for WSU.

Grant got full tuition and NIL north of 20K. Chuck got a complete full ride and an NIL near 50K.

Brock will leverage a deal somewhere (likely LSU or similar) for around 200K then see if his draft team will beat it.

Tolle will be offered the moon.

Until we (and by we I mean everyone bitching on this fine forum multiplied by A THOUSAND) starts ponying up in the neighborhood of say $10 a month specifically for baseball with Armchair Strategies so they have around $420,000 PER YEAR to spend on proven talent ($600K less their 30% cut....and that amount will continue to rise, rapidly, every season) then you might as well forget competing for post season because it's going to be a crap shoot at best every year, and we have zero chance at Omaha or a Natty.

If you're good enough and lucky enough to recruit and keep a talented kid, then he works his butt off and you coach him up and he gets good, he's GONZO, every freaking time. If you can't keep a generational player and even better young man who is loyal beyond loyal like Payton Tolle, then you can't keep anyone. Period, end of discussion.

This is pay for play. We aren't paying, so we aren't playing. It's as simple as that.

To make it worse, we're way behind in this process. Everyone else has a head start and will continue to have more and more money to throw at the best kids. It's rotten to the core, but today, that's how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Interesting take. Unfortunately it's both punitive and petty (and I am a big proponent of both to be frank) and does nothing for WSU.

Grant got full tuition and NIL north of 20K. Chuck got a complete full ride and an NIL near 50K.

Brock will leverage a deal somewhere (likely LSU or similar) for around 200K then see if his draft team will beat it.

Until we (and by we I mean everyone bitching on this fine forum multiplied by A THOUSAND) starts ponying up in the neighborhood of say $10 a month specifically for baseball with Armchair Strategies so they have around $420,000 PER YEAR to spend on proven talent ($600K less their 30% cut....and that amount will continue to rise, rapidly, every season) then you might as well forget competing for post season because it's going to be a crap shoot at best every year, and we have zero chance at Omaha or a Natty.

If you're good enough and lucky enough to recruit and keep a talented kid, then he works his butt off and you coach him up and he gets good, he's GONZO, every freaking time. If you can't keep a generational player and even better young man who is loyal beyond loyal like Payton Tolle, then you can't keep anyone. Period, end of discussion.

This is pay for play. We aren't paying, so we aren't playing. It's as simple as that.

To make it worse, we're way behind in this process. Everyone else has a head start and will continue to have more and more money to throw at the best kids. It's rotten to the core, but today, that's how it is.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

To make matters worsen more than worst, the people that really have the money to make a difference immediately are still sort of pissed off about the way things went down. My $27.00 a month I give to anything but basketball is but a marble in a 30 gallon bucket. While we need all of those we can get, what we really must have are the five figure checks from people who can afford it.

Comment

Thank God for the "Favorite Candy" thread... looks like we're going to hell in a hand basket.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X