No announcement yet.

National Head Coach Search Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I'm just not seeing the allure to Green. I would have much preferred to stick with Scooter.

Comment

Random, but…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Arkansas beat Santa Clara 13-6 today

ORU leads OSU 6-4 in the top of 9th.
        Last edited by shoxlax; June 2, 2023, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Why would you implode a baseball team to bring in a guy who is 91-76 at his current stop.

I forgot who was asking if we wanted mediocrity. Well apparently the answer is yes, but before WSU gets there it has to now build to it. So 2-3 years of getting butt handed to ya then mediocrity.

Comment

ORU defeats OSU and continues their mastery of the Cowboys.

Comment

I was on the new coach train but an absolute HELL NO to the Brian Green rumor.

That would be a monumental fail.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Brian Green brings my Saal rating down to F, plain and simple. Lazy connection hire. Not Boatright bad but I care about baseball much more than most, even in the bad years
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

If it's Brian Green, I will re-evaluate my optimism about Mills being a decent hire. Firing a legacy coach who did pretty well with what he was given and then hiring a coach who doesn't appear to haveany pluses over the legacy coach reeks of egoism;

Saal and Muma did miracles getting the $$ together to change BB coaches. Gotta give him credit for that. It's possible that Mills was the best candidate in the $$ range that the athletic department could afford.

Hibbs is a different matter. Hibbs had access to the high $$ baseball donors. Any future hire will not have that. KS says he wants athletic programs to compete for championships. Hibbs did that with a team he inherited from a coach with some problems that may have affected the players he could bring to WSU.

Saal may want a younger coach. I won't fault him for that, but if he brings in a coach that' below Hibbs' ability to compete for championships, he (Saal() will discover that Wichita supports and loves WSU baseball and the traditions that have been established here.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                    Green is a hitting guy, and NMSU was solid during his time there. Basically just .500 at Wazzou, which doesn’t have much history and isn’t the easiest place to win at. However, his time there doesn’t scream “hire me” either.

I don’t think he has much connection to this part of the country outside Saal, and that would make recruiting and establishing connections difficult. At one time, he was a rising coach in college baseball, but has struggled at the current stop.
                    Washington St recruited the Midwest JUCO’s extremely hard. They landed a few, but it’s hard to get players from
                    the Midwest to Pullman. I have no idea how good or bad Green is as a coach but I do believe his staff has built relationships with the Juco’s.

Comment

If it was the Brian Green why would it not be done. Since it not done, my gut says it is a team in a regional. Maybe Green is the fail-back option.

Comment

I'm 90% sure we'll know on Monday. Ask me in 6 hours and it will probably be 99%.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I'm 90% sure we'll know on Monday. Ask me in 6 hours and it will probably be 99%.
                          What is the Saal - Green connection?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

As someone who thought not keeping Hibbs was defensible… getting rid of him for Green is VERY meh and reeks of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What is the Saal - Green connection?
                              Kentucky where Saal was in charge of baseball as part of the AD office.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Kentucky where Saal was in charge of baseball as part of the AD office.
                                Thank you sir.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X