National Head Coach Search Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I'm 90% sure we'll know on Monday. Ask me in 6 hours and it will probably be 99%.
    So right now Saal is in the midst of an intense national search for the next coach?

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

The football coach Saal hired at Murray was 2-9 this past year and his seat is warm.

Saal didn’t exactly wow people by hiring Steve Prohm back to Murray either. He was 2-22 the year before at Iowa State. He had a losing record this year in the Valley. Sounds like a lazy hire to me. Let me know where else you can fail at your previous job 93% of the time, get canned and then be employed in the same industry the next year by someone risky enough to hire you.

While the actual capital improvements started within the athletic department have been very impressive, forgive me if I don’t blindly trust his personnel moves.

If he hires Green, his report card next year could be quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

So right now Saal is in the midst of an intense national search for the next coach?
        Sounds like lip service, huh?

Comment

If it isn’t Hooper, it needs to be the guy on the left.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I'm 90% sure we'll know on Monday. Ask me in 6 hours and it will probably be 99%.
            Is that when the team that the prospective coach will come from be eliminated in the regional?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              The football coach Saal hired at Murray was 2-9 this past year and his seat is warm.

Saal didn’t exactly wow people by hiring Steve Prohm back to Murray either. He was 2-22 the year before at Iowa State. He had a losing record this year in the Valley. Sounds like a lazy hire to me. Let me know where else you can fail at your previous job 93% of the time, get canned and then be employed in the same industry the next year by someone risky enough to hire you.

While the actual capital improvements started within the athletic department have been very impressive, forgive me if I don’t blindly trust his personnel moves.

If he hires Green, his report card next year could be quite interesting.
              Agree on everyone but Prohm. I knew a Murray State fan who is pretty well into it and he represented it like the fan base was generally excited to have him back. But that’s anecdotal.

Comment

If it's Green then all my ADKS trust is out the window. You can't toss Scooter aside while announcing a national search and instantly hire your buddy with a mediocre record. Personally, I think it's all a smokescreen. Feels like Green is the Prohm in this search. That never materialized.

If it's not Hooper then I'd throw all my chips on ORU coach.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Agree on everyone but Prohm. I knew a Murray State fan who is pretty well into it and he represented it like the fan base was generally excited to have him back. But that’s anecdotal.
                  Peruse their message boards (which I know is a small sample) and see if your friend is in the majority. I don’t think they will be. On the other hand, it is easy for people to gripe two years after the hire and say it was bad but there is a growing discontent.

Comment

It's been 2 hours .. are we at 93%?

Comment

Any possible interest in Heefner from Dallas Baptist?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        If it's Green then all my ADKS trust is out the window. You can't toss Scooter aside while announcing a national search and instantly hire your buddy with a mediocre record. Personally, I think it's all a smokescreen. Feels like Green is the Prohm in this search. That never materialized.

If it's not Hooper then I'd throw all my chips on ORU coach.
                        I hope you’re right.
                        ORU’s team is still playing, so hard to make an announcement on Monday involving ORU unless Nostradamus is consulting his greater powers again.

Comment

Originally posted by wyatt View Post
                          Any possible interest in Heefner from Dallas Baptist?
                          That would be more than a home run.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Peruse their message boards (which I know is a small sample) and see if your friend is in the majority. I don’t think they will be. On the other hand, it is easy for people to gripe two years after the hire and say it was bad but there is a growing discontent.
                            Yeah I was talking initially. I know some are mad now.

Comment

While we're at it, someone talk me out of this line of thinking, because maybe I am overly negative:

Are we sure Wichita State is a significantly better baseball job than Dallas Baptist or ORU?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                                While we're at it, someone talk me out of this line of thinking, because maybe I am overly negative:

Are we sure Wichita State is a significantly better baseball job than Dallas Baptist or ORU?
                                The Summit League is very bad at baseball. ORU was the only team with an overall record above .500 in the conference.

C-USA is a decent baseball league, though some of their better schools are moving to the American. Getting Heefner would be a home run.

Comment

Working...
                                X