No announcement yet.

2023 AAC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Snead came on in the 7th. In the top of the 8th he gives up a double and single to the first two batters and Houston extends the lead to 4-0.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 25, 2023, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post
      What is it with Shocker Athletics not performing well in conference tournaments? Not just baseball and not just this season or this conference.
      Softball usually does decent but remember it is a silly single elimination event. Volleyball has no tournament. Baseball has been lame no matter who the coach is or the conference tournament wise the last ten years. Basketball was a conspiracy led by Doug Elgin and the last few years we performed about even with the regular which was mostly mediocre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
        So far not even a whimper.
        I disagree. Whimper is defined as a person or animal making a series of low, feeble sounds expressive of fear, pain, or discontent.

We have had an abundance of whimper's today.

Comment

• Here we go Shocks!!!!
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• They’ve mentally checked out a while ago. Zero toughness.

Comment

• Chuck and Brock lace back-to-back singles to open the 9th and Garrett homes to left off the roof of Frenchy's to make it 4-3. No outs.

Comment

• Single - single - HR by Pennington.

WSU - 3
                Hou -4

Top of ninth no outs

Edit: Apparently I type too slow.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The end
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Season ends striking out looking.

Comment

• Tolle got a really good 2-2 pitch to hit but just missed it getting under it just a bit too much. Not sure Payton is 100%. His right hand is wrapped. I think that goes back to the collision he had at first base in the final regular season series vs UCF.

Millan popped out to 1st and Gustafson strikes out to end the game and the Shocker season.

Now we wait and see what ADKS will decide. Been a very busy first year for him.

Comment

• Does that conclude shocker athletics for the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Season ends striking out looking.
                          It was a nasty pitch on a 2-2 count. Although I understand the symbolism. The Shocks pretty much struck out down the stretch losing 10 of their 16 games after sweeping ECU (which now appears to be very much a fluke) and they also had games with Oklahoma State and Houston cancelled so it could have been worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            Does that conclude shocker athletics for the year?
                            No. Still have 11 track and field athletes competing in the NCAA West region preliminaries in Sacramento this weekend.

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/5/2...iminaries.aspx

Brady Palen for the men and Destiny Masters for the women probably have the best shot a moving on to the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Austin, Texas on June 7th.

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Still trying to reconcile AAC honors with overall results. Not saying this was horrible season but doesn't seem like all the individual honors align with results. If you didn't know better you'd think we were loaded and ran away with the conference heading to a regional.

Comment

Working...
                                X