2023 AAC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I don’t even know if I would call that a feather in his cap but what about his previous 4 seasons?
    I think you will find that Hibbs worked more closely with Pelfrey on the finer points of working with pitchers than Wedge ever did. That combination led to better results.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How did the season end after the ECU series?

Disappointing, no doubt about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Why four years?
        That give him one full recruiting cycle

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That give him one full recruiting cycle
          Outdated IMO

Comment

• ECU scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 1st on 1 single (4 walks and 2 errors) but still trail Tulane 6-5 in the bottom of the 5th and the Pirates threatening.

Comment

Outdated IMO
              Show me a example of any college baseball coach who signed a 1, 2 or 3 year contract?

Comment

Show me a example of any college baseball coach who signed a 1, 2 or 3 year contract?
                Isn't that every interim head coach ever signed?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  If I'm reading the room correctly, and feel free to chime in if I'm not, then next season (assuming a new coach) should be at least 4-10 game improvement, top 60ish RPI, top 2-3 conference finish and semifinals in the AAC Tourney, and borderline bubble team or we get rid of that person too. Is that about right?
                  Love reading your posts!!!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Isn't that every interim head coach ever signed?
                    Come on, we are talking long term head coach. Or are you arguing that WSU should just hire interim coaches from here on out?

Comment

Come on, we are talking long term head coach. Or are you arguing that WSU should just hire interim coaches from here on out?
                      I thought the discussion was whether to retain Hibbs? There's a perfectly reasonable route to rehire him for one more term as head coach for one year -- as interim. It's not unreasonable.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I thought the discussion was whether to retain Hibbs? There's a perfectly reasonable route to rehire him for one more term as head coach for one year -- as interim. It's not unreasonable.
                        I think it would be unreasonable.

That would brand him as not good enough to be the long term solution but good enough until someone better comes along. That would effectively cripple the recruiting effort and I don’t think Saal would play that game.
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I you believe in Hibbs, then fully commit to him, don't hang him out to dry.

Comment

I'm not entirely sold on him and fearful 4 year contract would turn into yet again another buyout. We have to end that cycle.

Comment

I'm not entirely sold on him and fearful 4 year contract would turn into yet again another buyout. We have to end that cycle.
                              Well, if you keep him and coaches, chances are good next year is a special year.

If you replace them, then you likely lose a good number of players. Likely to see them sign with regional powerhouses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Well, if you keep him and coaches, chances are good next year is a special year.

If you replace them, then you likely lose a good number of players. Likely to see them sign with regional powerhouses.
                                Shortsighted view. And I'm not t sure I agree with your projection. There was plenty of talent to win thus season.

Comment

Working...
                                X