No announcement yet.

2023 AAC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for me to call the dogs and piss on the fire. Goodnight!
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This is making me glad that I cancelled ESPN+ and didn't have a chance to watch this mess.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This team has been **** since the ECU series. Anyone that thinks the "coach of the year" should be given the keys to the kingdom should have their head examined. Unless this is the kind of baseball you expect from WSU now.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Glad I didn’t stay up.

Just perhaps, the Shocks would focus just a little, just a little, less on exit velocity and a little more time on defense and situational hitting.

Oh, wait…that would be coaching. Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Boy this is tough to watch. Memphis has gotten better as the year has gone on, but we have just been terrible tonight in every facet of the game. And at the completely wrong time. Very, very frustrating.
            WSU is 6-9 since the sweeping the ECU series. It would seem that wsu overachieved in that series and provided a false hope to the fans that the program was better than it really was.

Comment

That could not have been more brutal to watch. Thank god I gave up early. Giving up 10 runs in the first game of the whole deal against Memphis?

This is why I don't really begrudge anyone thinking Hibbs is not the answer. Totally get it. I don' t think the answer is obvious.

There are about four times a game I feel like shutting off my TV or radio when I watch these guys. It is tough.

Comment

There are more parallels between the Scooter and IB scenarios than some are willing to admit. Not comparing the individuals but specifically the situations.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  There are more parallels between the Scooter and IB scenarios than some are willing to admit. Not comparing the individuals but specifically the situations.
                  You may want to list the parallels. However, I will list the one glaring difference between Hibbs and Brown. Brown was never a Head Coach at any level (I believe that's right), and for sure never a Div. 1 Head Coach. Hibbs was a Div. 1 Head Coach for at a decent baseball program for 30 years, and his program did win Championships during those years. This is in addition to his success as an Asst. Coach for Gene at WSU for 10+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU is 6-9 since the sweeping the ECU series. It would seem that wsu overachieved in that series and provided a false hope to the fans that the program was better than it really was.
                    I'm beginning to think that the comment someone made about ECU being the Shocks' World Series with a resulting team response of thinking they had achieved everything they needed to achieve might have some validity.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 24, 2023, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You may want to list the parallels. However, I will list the one glaring difference between Hibbs and Brown. Brown was never a Head Coach at any level (I believe that's right), and for sure never a Div. 1 Head Coach. Hibbs was a Div. 1 Head Coach for at a decent baseball program for 30 years, and his program did win Championships during those years. This is in addition to his success as an Asst. Coach for Gene at WSU for 10+ years.
                      The similarities in the two situations is obvious. No need to list them out.

So are you okay with automatically naming Scooter permanent HC without taking a step back and considering the landscape and who might be available?

Comment

So are you okay with automatically naming Scooter permanent HC without taking a step back and considering the landscape and who might be available?
                        I don't have an opinion either way and will defer to those who are better connected/more knowledgeable on college baseball to decide whether or not Scooter should be retained or if there is a better option available.

The problem with your scenario is that the full landscape could be considered, and Scooter could possibly be the best option available. But if he is retained, there will be those who believe that it would be a lazy hire, regardless of what the facts might be. ADKS wouldn't be able to say "Coach A, B, C, D, and E were all better options than Scooter, but none were interested."
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I don't have an opinion either way and will defer to those who are better connected/more knowledgeable on college baseball to decide whether or not Scooter should be retained or if there is a better option available.

The problem with your scenario is that the full landscape could be considered, and Scooter could possibly be the best option available. But if he is retained, there will be those who believe that it would be a lazy hire, regardless of what the facts might be. ADKS wouldn't be able to say "Coach A, B, C, D, and E were all better options than Scooter, but none were interested."
                          And he may very well be the best option. The only scenario I'd be taken back by is if he's signed to a long term deal. 1-2 years fine. Anything beyond that at his age and with the transfer portal is unnecessary. It's not like recruits will look away if he's holding a 2 year contract. You can extend him an extra year at any point.

Comment

And he may very well be the best option. The only scenario I'd be taken back by is if he's signed to a long term deal. 1-2 years fine. Anything beyond that at his age and with the transfer portal is unnecessary. It's not like recruits will look away if he's holding a 2 year contract. You can extend him an extra year at any point.
                            This is the worst thing that could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

This is the worst thing that could happen.
                              What exactly is the worst scenario?

Comment

What exactly is the worst scenario?
                                Extending Hibbs 1 or 2 years. That is idiotic.

If you want baseball to continue to wallow in mediocrity, that is definitely the way to go. Last night was a team that was not prepared mentally to play - that falls on Hibbs. He is ready to retire. The players are ready to transfer someplace and get their NIL $.

Whatever coach you hire, you make a commitment.

Comment

Working...
                                X