Shox vs South Dakota State Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Our SOS is still gonna give us an at large chance. Just gonna have to sweep the subpar teams and steal a few high quality games. Our record isn’t gonna have to be too gaudy with a SOS so good.
    WarrenNolan.com has our current SOS ranked #20. However, he has our predicted SOS ranked at #94.

Comment

It’s actually not too bad out in the sun. Tolerable winds and the snow is now an afterthought.

Play ball!
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Comment

The Shocks had two well struck balls in the 1st but nothing to show for it.

Comment

Here comes Iron Man!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Shocks score an unearned run in the 3rd but blow a golden opportunity. SDSU's 1st baseman dropped an easy popup, followed by a walk and a unsuccessful attempt to force the runner at 3rd on the ensuing sac bunt loading the bases with no outs and the top of the order coming up. Sigrist drove in the run with a sac fly to shallow center but Rodden and Thornhill struck out.

Both teams with only 1 hit and 1 walk in the first 3 innings. Both of the base hits were singles and those runners were both caught stealing.

After Jace made quick work of the Jacks in the top of the 4th the Shocks first two hitters were quickly retired in the bottom of the inning. But Couper Cornblum singled to right and Ross Cadena followed with a double to right center to score Couper. Good job going to the opposite field by both guys. Shocks lead 2-0.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 11, 2022, 04:15 PM.

Comment

1st and 3rd, 1 out, followed by strikeout, strikeout in the middle of the order. SDSU must have some outstanding pitching.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This pitcher does have a good arm, the strike zone is large and it is a tough day to hit, but yes we strike out way too much.

Comment

Rodden clears the bases with a 2-out triple. That helps.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Atta boy Brock. Make Oktaha proud!

Comment

The Shocks finally get the big hit as Brock Rodden drills a 2-out bases loaded triple into the right field corner. Shocks lead 5-0 after 6 innings.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          This pitcher does have a good arm, the strike zone is large and it is a tough day to hit, but yes we strike out way too much.
                          Agreed on all counts. I thought he was most effective with his breaking and off-speed pitches. He probably deserves better. His defenses has made 3 errors behind him and only 1 of the 5 runs is earned.

Comment

This guy for SDSU was a freshman AA two years ago and then hasn’t played for two seasons. He is consistently 90+ with his fastball. I expect his ERA will go down as the season moves forward.

Comment

The first pitch I see when I bring the game up on ESPN+ was put over the right field fence by SDSU. Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                The first pitch I see when I bring the game up on ESPN+ was put over the right field fence by SDSU. Figures.
                                Go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X