No announcement yet.

Shox vs South Dakota State Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, part of ECU's struggles so far are due to one of their best, if not the best, pitcher, Carson Whisenhunt, testing positive for a banned substance and he's been ruled ineligible for the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Also, part of ECU's struggles so far are due to one of their best, if not the best, pitcher, Carson Whisenhunt, testing positive for a banned substance and he's been ruled ineligible for the season.
      Huge blow for them. Projected 1st round pick, pre-season All American, pre-season AAC pitcher of the year, Golden Spikes watch list. He is saying it was from some supplements he bought at a store and took over the winter break.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Huge blow for them. Projected 1st round pick, pre-season All American, pre-season AAC pitcher of the year, Golden Spikes watch list. He is saying it was from some supplements he bought at a store and took over the winter break.
        What was it?

Comment

• 'Lil recap of the weekend for those interested - Shocker Buzz: First Series Win Of 2022! (batandyellow.com) Go Shox!
          Nothing against South Dakota State, but a home series against a 4-9 program that has one winning season since 2018 is a must win. The Jackra...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Huge BLOW for them. Projected 1st round pick, pre-season All American, pre-season AAC pitcher of the year, Golden Spikes watch list. He is saying it was from some supplements he bought at a store and took over the winter break.
            I see what you did there...

Actually I have no idea, but I laughed a little.

Comment

• Listened to the coaches show last night. Coach was very complimentary of Grayson Jones, Caden Favors, Cameron Bye and you could tell he’s been frustrated with the latest performances from McDonough and Steumpfig. Saturday’s loss really bothered him. He called it the biggest red flag of his three year tenure. Said champions don’t lose that game.

As far as the weekend rotation goes it’s still up in the air. He acknowledges you can’t sweep if you don’t win on Friday and Saturday, so all hands may be on deck. He believes Cameron Bye has earned a starting role, but isn’t afraid to use him out of the bullpen early in the series if he needs to.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                Listened to the coaches show last night. Coach was very complimentary of Grayson Jones, Caden Favors, Cameron Bye and you could tell he’s been frustrated with the latest performances from McDonough and Steumpfig. Saturday’s loss really bothered him. He called it the biggest red flag of his three year tenure. Said champions don’t lose that game.

As far as the weekend rotation goes it’s still up in the air. He acknowledges you can’t sweep if you don’t win on Friday and Saturday, so all hands may be on deck. He believes Cameron Bye has earned a starting role, but isn’t afraid to use him out of the bullpen early in the series if he needs to.
                I listened also; wasn’t sure about the “red flag” comment... thought he might have been referring to himself with the in-game decisions he made. In other words, he took the blame for the loss and said it was totally unacceptable.

He’s an interesting character and says he came here to win a championship and it will happen in the next 2-3 years. I don’t think he’s talking about an AAC championship. He probably has half the pieces to the puzzle. Stay tuned and get your fannies to Eck Stadium.

I remember when Ole Mike (KFDI radio) would say, “save your records and tapes boys and girls, because country music is going to rise again.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  Listened to the coaches show last night. Coach was very complimentary of Grayson Jones, Caden Favors, Cameron Bye and you could tell he’s been frustrated with the latest performances from McDonough and Steumpfig. Saturday’s loss really bothered him. He called it the biggest red flag of his three year tenure. Said champions don’t lose that game.

I can identify with his frustration with McDonough and Steumpfig, for the loss on Saturday. However, 2 runs (and I think 5 hits) on Saturday was a travesty, and our hitting performances stunk, Tolle was good, and holding SDSU to 4 runs is certainly a winnable situation. I was more frustrated by our hitting performances. Did he make any comments about the Saturday hitting in reference to his "red flag" comment?

Comment

• To be fair, he said "red flag" a dozen times or more during the show last night. I'm not sure you can put a lot into that statement, but that's just me.

I do think your point (or shocks02 ) about Bye is spot on. He'll get a chance to be the Sunday guy IF and only IF he isn't needed to win Friday and Saturday. Seeing Holden finish the Sunday game accentuates that. Those 2 are about the only ones they can rely on right now, and they are going to be used, early and often, until someone else steps up.

I also think we're likely to see just about anyone vs OU and KU next week. And by anybody, I mean AN E BOD EE.

Comment

• Since we played last Friday, tonight should be balmy.

Comment

Working...
                      X