Valley ranked #7 in warren nolan rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    It sounds like the 5th place held up, the TV guys were calling the Valley the fifth rated conference on the selection show.

It's just too bad it didn't get us the same number of bids as the 6th ranked conference (3 vs. 4 for C-USA).

I guess if you add DBU then you can argue it did. But if DBU had been an actual member they probably would have won the regular season and Indy State would have been left out still leaving the Valley with 3 bids.
    CONFERENCES DON'T EARN BIDS; TEAMS DO.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I know conferences aren't suppose to get bids but once again that is about the only logical explanation for Michigan State getting a bid. The Big 10 was going to get 2 bids this year no matter what. Or at least they were going to get 2 bids if the Valley was going to get 3 (Indiana State).

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        I know conferences aren't suppose to get bids but once again that is about the only logical explanation for Michigan State getting a bid. The Big 10 was going to get 2 bids this year no matter what. Or at least they were going to get 2 bids if the Valley was going to get 3 (Indiana State).
        Michigan State is a horrible pick. A lot of teams should have beefs with them, including WSU. That still doesn't mean WSU should have been replaced with their spot. There were also other teams right there as well. WSU failed miserably at capitalizing on plenty of opportunities. No need to be an apologist for them all of the time.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Michigan State is a horrible pick. A lot of teams should have beefs with them, including WSU. That still doesn't mean WSU should have been replaced with their spot. There were also other teams right there as well. WSU failed miserably at capitalizing on plenty of opportunities. No need to be an apologist for them all of the time.
          I agree it's on the shox 100 percent but I do believe they didn't get in because the Valley simply wasn't going to receive 4 bids. How the hell does a team from the 14th rated conference with an RPI of 53, SOS of 116, less top 50 and less top 100 wins get in over the shox? Also I noticed WSU went 9-8 against the field this year. Really when it's all said and done if they are simply looking at individual teams I believe they are in this year. No doubt about it they look at conferences and how many from each as part of the equation.

Again I agree they should have just won a couple in the tourney or won say that first game at ISUb and say another against UE, maybe somehow have gotten 2 out of 3 against LBSU at home, etc. It certainly is on them, but don't tell me they don't look at conferences cause they do.

Comment

• This was discussed on the basketball side in years past, but I'm wondering how much the look of parity in the Valley hurt the Shocks and made their "numbers" not look as good. Had the top 3 teams clearly separated themselves from the pack, WSU might have made it. As it was, you had the top 5 teams in an 8 team league, within 4 games of each other, WSU just 1 ahead of 4th and 2 ahead of 5th. Add to this that the #6 and last place #8 teams played for the Valley tourney championship, and that the MVC shadow member, DBU, also made the NCAA field.

Comment

• Aaron Fitt also doesn't believe Michigan State should have made it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Aaron Fitt also doesn't believe Michigan State should have made it.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...a-field-of-64/
                Honestly, I have yet to hear from ANYBODY that thinks Michigan State should have made it. The Big 10 sucks and only Purdue was deserving of an at large bid.

Comment

Working...
                X