No announcement yet.

Valley ranked #7 in warren nolan rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal 6 UCLA 5. Don't need Cal finishing strong. I may move them into the need help group tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      If we go 3-2 or better in the MVC Tournament then we should get an invite.

If we go 2-2 then we have a chance but it could go either way.

If we go 1-2 or worse then I don't like our chances.

Pretty much a seat of the pants guess on my part.
      I think that sounds about right to me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        I think this is spot on.
        Agreed. I think MSU being one of those wins would help out tremendously.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Doesn't matter how many games WSU wins in springfield if one of MSU/ISUb/WSU doesn't win the tourney. If that happens I think WSU will be the out team in the Valley. So I will be rooting hard for ISUb on the other side of the bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
            Doesn't matter how many games WSU wins in springfield if one of MSU/ISUb/WSU doesn't win the tourney. If that happens I think WSU will be the out team in the Valley. So I will be rooting hard for ISUb on the other side of the bracket.
            I agree with you except for maybe in the case it is ISU-R playing WSU in the championship game. I think if that is the case, we might still have a shot, especially if either Indy St or Most go 0-2.

Although I think there would be a slight chance the Valley could get 4 teams in if ISUR plays WSU in the championship game and Indy St and Most don't totally tank. That is the only scenerio where I think the Valley has a shot at 4 teams. Of Course it also depends on what the other bubble teams do in their tourneys.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              We probably should start looking at other tournaments etc for possible needs.

America East - no concern. Stoney Brook will not get an at large.
              Atlantic 10 - no concern. St. Louis will not get an at large.

ACC- First interesting conference. 8 team tourney set. Maryland at 10-20 in conference is out with a 31 RPI. None of the 8 in the tournament appear to be in danger. You gotta hope the Terps and their 8 SOS are out. Also missed Virginia Tech and their 36 RPI and 15-17 top 100 record. Thinking one of these 2 might get in.

Atlantic Sun - No concern. I can't see Belmont or SCU getting an at large. Maybe a 2% concern.

Big10- Huge concern. Purdue is in. Everyone else is out. Pray Purdue wins the 6 team tournament with the bye. All games on the BTN starting Wednesday.

Big12 - Another problem. Baylor and A&m in. OU and UT almost certainly in, but don't go 0-2 either. OSU, Mizzou, KU and KSU out, and TT didn't make the tourney. KU and KSU shouldn't be a problem, but you don't want Mizzou or OSU stealing a bid. Tourney starts Wednesday at OKC Brickyard Ballpark.
              The Big 10 worries me a lot. Purdue is just 7-6 in their last 13 games after starting the season 33-6. They may also feel like they are a lock to host so they don't play well in the big 10 tourney. I hope I am wrong, but I just have a bad feeling about the big 10 tourney.

Comment

• I totally agree about Purdue but at least the format benefits them. Getting a bye in a short field in a double elimination format is huge. Boiler up!
                Last edited by WuDrWu; May 21, 2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I totally agree about Purdue but at least the format benefits them. Getting a bye in a short field in a double elimination format is huge. Boiler up!
                  It seems to have worked for the Big 10, their top 2 teams are in the championship game. Go Boilers!

Comment

• Purdue wins Big 10 title, MVC RPI is now #5 at warrennolan.com

Comment

• Originally posted by isu87 View Post
                      Purdue wins Big 10 title, MVC RPI is now #5 at warrennolan.com
                      Nice! The Shox rpi is @ #43 and their SOS improves to #33.
                      Last edited by shox1989; May 27, 2012, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Still absolutely shocked about our numbers. As ShockTalk pointed out maybe in another thread, it just makes the 2 and cue in Springfield all the more frustrating. Win even ONE game there and we're sitting pretty.

Anybody think we might pull a VCU and sneak in? It seems like we're a team nobody is talking about, finished crappy in the conference tournament, but has pretty stellar computer numbers. I seriously cannot believe the Valley is up to No.5 right now.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• But then again, we could also get Missouri State'd.

We'll see if shocker3 and shox1989 are locked in on their statistics. According to one of them, a Top 45 RPI for a northern school is a virtual lock for an at-large.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            But then again, we could also get Missouri State'd.

We'll see if shocker3 and shox1989 are locked in on their statistics. According to one of them, a Top 45 RPI for a northern school is a virtual lock for an at-large.
                            It was 3 that said that. Sb printed some stats that went several years back that showed teams that had rpis of 45 or better that did get left out, but they were almost all southern teams. It does appear that it is very rare for a northern team with a rpi of 45 or better not to make it. Missouri Stated is a good analogy. Let's hope we are VCU'd rather than Missouri stated.

Comment

The Valley's lead over C-USA for #5 has now doubled from .0003 to .0006.

Comment

It sounds like the 5th place held up, the TV guys were calling the Valley the fifth rated conference on the selection show.

It's just too bad it didn't get us the same number of bids as the 6th ranked conference (3 vs. 4 for C-USA).

I guess if you add DBU then you can argue it did. But if DBU had been an actual member they probably would have won the regular season and Indy State would have been left out still leaving the Valley with 3 bids.

Comment

Working...
                                X