Valley ranked #7 in warren nolan rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
    I guess there is still hope. The Alcorn State game WILL NOT be played afterall. Maybe that is a sign of more good things to come.
    so will we get a refund for the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      so will we get a refund for the game?
      Highly doubtful.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        Highly doubtful.
        they could at least pretend and go schedule say Tabor. They might get a few more fans out than normal to check out a candidate to replace Gene.

Comment

they could at least pretend and go schedule say Tabor. They might get a few more fans out than normal to check out a candidate to replace Gene.
          Alcorn probably didn't give them enough time to schedule anyone else. It sounds like Alcorn just called them tonight to say they weren't coming.

Comment

Alcorn probably didn't give them enough time to schedule anyone else. It sounds like Alcorn just called them tonight to say they weren't coming.
            This story all sounds fishy and there has to be something more to it. Alcorn St does not even have WSU on their schedule for this week.

So I find it hard to believe that a team that (if they) had a contract with WSU to play just all of sudden just say they are not showing up. Especially when they will be in the area playing a 3 game series in stillwater this weekend. Kind of seems a little weird.

Comment

This story all sounds fishy and there has to be something more to it. Alcorn St does not even have WSU on their schedule for this week.

So I find it hard to believe that a team that (if they) had a contract with WSU to play just all of sudden just say they are not showing up. Especially when they will be in the area playing a 3 game series in stillwater this weekend. Kind of seems a little weird.
              Who cares? I'm all for Gene going out the door, I sometimes voice my displeasure for this team. However I'm glad Alcorn isn't showing up, wish they wouldn't show up to play OSU for the weekend either as that will hurt them no matter what and hurt WSU indirectly.

Do I think WSU will backdoor into a regional? No, they have proven not to take advantage of opportunities all year. Do I think they still have a shot at this moment? Yes and I hope they make it.

So who cares why Alcorn State isn't showing up, I wish they would never show up. If Brent takes anything away from this year hopefully it's to not play any give me games ever, no matter how bad you want a home game with no return. I mean do people really enjoy this type of home game anyways? Do they really feel like they are getting their monies worth?

Comment

When is the last time a team cancelled 2 days they were suppose to play and it had nothing to do with weather? Miracles do happen.
                THIS IS THE TURNING POINT! IT'S OUR YEAR! OMAHA, BABY!

(ok ... I tried, but this is just not on par Mike Wentworth's bazooka wrapper.) ;)
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                  Who cares?
                  I don't care about whether the game is played or not. My question is really whether this program is being honest and forthcoming. Or whether they are fleecing season ticket holders?

Do I think WSU will backdoor into a regional? No, they have proven not to take advantage of opportunities all year. Do I think they still have a shot at this moment? Yes and I hope they make it.
                  I think if wsu can somehow find themselves in at least 3rd place they will have a shot of at large if they do well in the mvc tournament. Of course that would require more consistency than they have showed all year.

Comment

• "Dear Loyal Shocker Fans,

The Shocker baseball game scheduled May 9th between Wichita State and Alcorn State has been cancelled. Tickets to this event can be exchanged for any remaining regular season home games. The remaining three home games against the Bradley Braves are as follows; Friday May 11th at 6:30 p.m., Saturday May 12th at 2:00 p.m., and Sunday May 13th at 1 p.m. For questions call the Shocker Ticket Office at 316-978-3267. To exchange tickets, please visit the Shocker Ticket Office at Charles Koch Arena. Office hours are: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Tickets may also be exchange the day of the game at the Eck Stadium Ticket Office. The Ticket Office will be open 90 minutes prior to each game.

Go Shockers!"
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Valley rpis as of today (warren nolan): MoST #36, WSU #43, Indy St. #50, ISU-R #56, BU #104, UE #108, SIU #113, Cu #186

DBU #26

Comment

• I like the excuse given for the Alcorn State game....
                        although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

• The only Valley game last night was Cu and UNL. Cu (#188) managed to find some hitting and beat Nebraska (#88) 8-1 in Omaha.

Comment

• BTW- The Valley quietly moved into 6th place in the conference rpi after Cu's win over UNL!

Comment

• Tonight's Valley scores: MoST lost at #86 Missouri 10-5, Cu beat #277 UNO 6-1, Ue beat #138 Austin Peay 12-1 and Indy St. beat #145 SIU-E 5-1.

Comment

The only Valley game last night was Cu and UNL. Cu (#188) managed to find some hitting and beat Nebraska (#88) 8-1 in Omaha.
                                Creighton regaining consciousness just in time to make life difficult for the Shocks next weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X