This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like it. Interesting to see where he plays. Says IF/OF
    I assume IF is Cam and Kam at SS/3B. Livingston gets 1st shot at 1B. (Also have Callahan) Rogers at 2B or moving back ti OF. With Lane and Gustafson in the corners? Or maybe Kane moves to CF and Washburn moves to one of the corners. I know we brought in some speedy new guys will be some good competition this fall. Lots of guys to weed through.

Comment

• Texas Tech Bio and Stats: https://texastech.com/sports/basebal...washburn/12750

Comment

• It feels like they will have some options to put a very solid lineup together. Which is exciting. OTOH, we've added about 8 reasonable-looking bat options to fill 2 slots in the lineup and 0 reasonable-looking arm options to fill 2 weekend starter positions and a slew of innings in the bullpen.

Games could be exciting next year for those that like scoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          It feels like they will have some options to put a very solid lineup together. Which is exciting. OTOH, we've added about 8 reasonable-looking bat options to fill 2 slots in the lineup and 0 reasonable-looking arm options to fill 2 weekend starter positions and a slew of innings in the bullpen.

Games could be exciting next year for those that like scoring.
          I’m still excited for our returning freshmen and our “transfer boomerangs”. As far as the other recruits, it seems like a weeding out process in the fall.

Comment

• Woody signal today.

Comment

• Comment

• Wonder if he’ll hit and pitch. Listed as pitcher for lsu but bio talks about his ranking as a SS
                lsu, lsu tigers, louisiana state university, geaux tigers, louisiana, baseball

Comment

• Articles I read was he was full time pitcher at LSU before the injury. But who knows.

Intriguing.

Comment

• LSU Baseball: Highly Ranked Freshman Pitcher Enters NCAA Transfer Portal

LSU freshman right-handed pitcher MJ Seo has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal and will depart Baton Rouge after one season with the Tigers, LSU Country has learned.

Seo, a coveted recruit out of high school, was the No. 2 ranked shortstop in Texas and the No. 16 overall player in the Lone Star State.

Once enrolled at LSU, Seo shifted focus as a full-time pitcher, but suffered an injury during fall ball in 2023. A player who's fastball has reached 96mph, the youngster will now search for a new home to continue his playing career.

The highly regarded prospect remained sidelined and didn't see playing time during his lone season in Baton Rouge.

I have not seen what the nature of his injury was.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 31, 2024, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Found some work this summer in the Northwoods League for a couple of different teams. Hard to put a lot of weight on the numbers. His last outing drove up the ERA quite a bit (7 earned in 1 inning of work) but again, pretty sure for a guy like that it's more about doing work than getting guys out (clearly you want both though).

Anyway, certainly has talent. If you're going to take a flyer, might as well take a flyer on a guy with a ton of upside.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                        Wonder if he’ll hit and pitch. Listed as pitcher for lsu but bio talks about his ranking as a SS
                        https://lsusports.net/sports/bsb/roster/player/mj-seo/
                        2nd Baseman/Closer maybe ala Damon Sublett.

Comment

• I'm not much of one for sloppy seconds, but I'd rather have them from LSU than Crowder CC. Fall gonna be crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I’m still excited for our returning freshmen and our “transfer boomerangs”. As far as the other recruits, it seems like a weeding out process in the fall.
                            Excellent point and there's definitely going to be some questions asked and answered this fall.

A reminder that Grant Adler was all conference, in this conference, in '23. He made a mistake transferring and got hurt. It's a stretch to think he WON'T help and return to '23 form or even better.

Maybe not quite as likely, but again, expecting Jace Miner to be anything less than a really good help is a bit of a stretch. Tyler Dobbs had a nice freshman year and helped the team a lot, and Jace Miner is Tyler Dobbs on the clear. And 2 years older with more experience at a top 20 program.

Lot to like about the kid from Sienna.

Brady Hamilton should move forward and he was very, very good at the end of his freshman year.

Those guys should be (if they stay healthy) good solid guys that, at a minimum, keep us in games.

There are also enough other guys returning (Holmes, Dobbs, Anderson, Mount amongst others) and they'll find some arms to help with L/R in game finishes that we'll be ok.

To me, the difference between being solid and competitive (which I expect) and taking the next step forward will be in the high potential but haven't seen anything yet group, and that group is pretty extensive for our program right now.

Daniel Zang mid 90s guy with 'Wood like movement but can't throw a strike right now.
                            Michael Mulhollon big 6'5" lefty with a ton of upside that Pelf thought had a chance to pitch in the bigs but has been almost constantly hurt.
                            Jeremiah Arnett is another big guy with a big right arm with tons of upside.
                            James Umbarger is a huge 6'6" 220 late developing incoming freshman with a big arm and 3 pitches for a strike and a **** ton of upside.
                            Trevor Lee sat out last year with an injury and is probably more likely to be like Jacob Lindemann than AJ Ladwig but he's got talent and a big upside if he could ever get healthy.
                            Nate Langbehn is another incoming freshman that I am keeping an eye on with a good frame and a bunch of upside.
                            Now add MJ Seo as a talented guy coming off an injury.

That's just who I've been paying attention to.....there's nothing to say there might be other guys with high upside.

I admit it's a stretch given all they are trying to overcome, but if one of those guys turns into a Friday guy (or a bullpen stopper) then with everything else we should be ok. 2 out of that group of 7 helping us and we're better, maybe a lot better.

Comment

• Definitely agree. We need to manifest a Friday night guy (or Saturday night guy if Adler decides to be as good as '23) and a reliable back end bullpen guy. It's not crazy to think 2 guys out of 10 can figure it out enough to do those things. But it's also not guaranteed and it DOES assume ALL the arms we're banking on maintain or improve with no injuries.

The open tryouts method is interesting. Based on last Fall, Birge might have been your starting C and CJohnson might have been cut before the spring. So I'm not sure it's the best way to go about things, but we shall see. We need guys that can do it, consistently, in real games.

Comment

• Noticed a new signing. Catcher/infielder transfer from University of Arizona. Only played in 2 games
                                313 likes, 54 comments - cole_dillon11 on August 13, 2024: "Thank you to everyone in my corner, excited for what’s to come".

Cole Dillon (5) Catcher/Infield - Arizona 2024 (Junior) Saw time in two games and hit .333 (1x3) with one run scored and one RBI...Pac-12 Conference regular season

Comment

Working...
                                X