Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Chalfant played played for Panola College is 2024. 5.00 ERA.

Comment

• Originally posted by baseball View Post
      Looks like Chalfant played played for Panola College is 2024. 5.00 ERA.
      Didn't play for OU in 2023. 5.00 ERA 1.70 WHIP 1.5/1 K/BB at Panola. Dunno.

Comment

• Wondering the status of Leikam and Lee. Both of those guys were very highly thought of signees but apparently redshirted. I watched highlights of Leikam in high school and he looks to have some real talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
          New commit Carson Beavers OF/1st base
          https://www.perfectgame.org/players/...aspx?ID=738804
          The more I see about this kid, the more I like him. His swing is beautiful and he extends his arms and has surprising power for a kid his size. He's improved his speed. He probably needs a year to develop but I can see why they liked him for Wazzu and still like him.

I would not at all be surprised to see this young man as a contributor next spring in spots, then a 3 year starter after that. Completely looks the part to me.

I think he projects in the OF corners, but could DH or back up Gannon at 1B.

Comment

• Other than 2-3 pitchers and another catcher, not sure we will hit the portal. I think some of this works both ways. Day after season:

Coach: I like you and the future you have here. I will not blatantly recruit over you and will do everything I can to find resources for you to live comfortably as a college student. In the meantime I need a commitment from you here and now until the end of next season you are 100% about Wichita State.

or

Comment

• New addition Kaleb Duncan Juco OF
              229 likes, 58 comments - dunc_13 on June 18, 2024: "Thankful for my past and thankful for what’s to come #goshocks".

Comment

• Wichita Area Recruits:
                it seems historically that WSU had quite a few of local players that did very well. Is this still the case or have local talent numbers diminished or are we losing them to other programs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Wichita Area Recruits:
                  it seems historically that WSU had quite a few of local players that did very well. Is this still the case or have local talent numbers diminished or are we losing them to other programs?
                  Local talent has dropped off…at least D-1 caliber player. Johnson County is dominant in state player rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                    New addition Kaleb Duncan Juco OF
                    408 likes, 88 comments - dunc_13 on June 18, 2024: "Thankful for my past and thankful for what’s to come #goshocks".

https://www.gwcathletics.com/sports/...alebduncancqdy
                    WSU announces

Comment

• K-Dunc looks like a pretty strong guy. Listed at 5-11, 190. Had 23 stolen bases for Golden West this past season so apparently has decent wheels.

Looks like he signed with UNLV out of high school and was on their roster in 2023 but did not play. Golden West listed him as a Redshirt Fr. this past season. So he should have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Here are his Golden West Stats from this past season: https://www.gwcathletics.com/sports/...can_kaleb_odh1
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; 3 days ago.

Comment

• And another speedy, right hand hitting OF. Exactly what HCBG said he was going to do.

Comment

• Whit Rhodes, Hesston, originally committed to WSU, then changed to follow Siri to Nebraska, apparently has found that Nebraska doesn't have room for him and is looking for a place.

FWIW.

I like area kids. I also like kids with some loyalty.

Comment

• Comment

• Seems like he sprays it around the park pretty well. And he can Mauzy after it in the outfield as well.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; 7 hours ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Seems like he sprays it around the park pretty well. And he can Mauzy after in the outfield as well.
                                Agreed. Definitely looks like a singles hitter, but making contact. Hopefully he can learn to run the bases well and turn singles into doubles either off the bat or on the steal.

Comment

Working...
                                X