Baseball: WSU vs Louisiana Tech - Mar 6,7,8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If you look like that it might be a deal!
    Kinda, sorta, not really 72.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Today is kindof a good example of how not perfect you have to be in college baseball. None of these teams, even in the top 10, are full of big leaguers. Sometimes just screwing up less than your opponent is enough. The Shox have done that a couple of times this year. They couldn't for the last many years.

Comment

• Digging what this coaching staff is doing with these young men.

Go Shox!

Comment

• Shockers are now three games ahead of my projected .500 season - Go Shocks!!!!

Comment

• These Shockers are efficient. Outhit, but outran Louisiana Tech
            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              Even though I have my tix, I still like listening to MK/SD call the game.
              I almost believe that radio was made for calling baseball games.
              So yes, I am the nerd often with headphones on in row 1 along the third base line.

Go Shox!
              Is there a lag usually?

Comment

• Looks like tomorrow will be more of the same windy conditions.

BTW, the catch that Cornblum made to end the game in the left field corner was not that easy of a catch in these conditions. Especially after he had misplayed a fly ball earlier in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Looks like tomorrow will be more of the same windy conditions.

BTW, the catch that Cornblum made to end the game in the left field corner was not that easy of a catch in these conditions. Especially after he had misplayed a fly ball earlier in the game.
                  But it was probably a lot more likely to get caught BECAUSE of the misplayed fly ball earlier in the game. If you know what I'm sayin'.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy Yes slightly, usually half a pitch or so but I really like it when SD is discussing mechanics, etc. very interesting and takes me back to many a good summer at Chandler Baseball Camp from my youth. Missing 2 weeks of the season for almost round the clock baseball for two weeks was a true blessing, Thank you dad & mom for the love and memories...

Comment

• Late to the party. La Tech is legit aren’t they?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        Late to the party. La Tech is legit aren’t they?
                        I don't think they are a Top 25 team. I do think they are a solid squad that will end up winning quite a few ballgames. I think a lot of us are just excited for WSU to back up the win streak by winning a series against a team on or a little above our perceived level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Ball game! Suck it! Shox win the series!

That's 11 straight, and you can't blame it all on the schedule any more.
                          Great win and series.

Still early.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                            WichitaStateGuy Yes slightly, usually half a pitch or so but I really like it when SD is discussing mechanics, etc. very interesting and takes me back to many a good summer at Chandler Baseball Camp from my youth. Missing 2 weeks of the season for almost round the clock baseball for two weeks was a true blessing, Thank you dad & mom for the love and memories...
                            Never went to the camp but two summers in a row my team went down and played 3 games against campers. Really enjoyed that experience as an 11 and 12 year old. Neat setting, short porches compared to west urban, did the anthem before each game, played Red Hot Chili Peppers over the sound system during warmups, grass infield (west urban didn’t have that on the 11-12 year old fields when I was a kid)

funny what impressed me at that age, anyways reading this brought back a ton of memories. Oh and I don’t remember his name but the former major leaguer who ran the camp would talk to us and gave us all an autographed picture, lol. Power hitting lefty, played for Baltimore I think. Can’t remember his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Great win and series.

Still early.
                              No doubt. Though less early. 25% of the schedule sneaks up on you in baseball. Certainly early wrt games against quality comp. At worst 3-3 in those 2 series though, while not dropping any others (which is an underrated feat in all college athletics, IMO).

Comment

• I like the description of today's weather in today's box score. WEATHER Like, really windy to left

Like, really no kidding.

Comment

Working...
                                X