• Show
Clear All

• Baseball: WSU vs Louisiana Tech - Mar 6,7,8

Mar 6 (Fri) 3 p.m.
    vs Louisiana Tech
    Wichita, Kan. Eck Stadium
    TV: COX YurView Kansas
    Stream: http://www.espn.com/watch?id=088ccb4...3-df65bd6c3e89
    Radio: 97.5 FM/1240 AM (https://goshockers.com/showcase?Live=4785)
    Live Stats: http://statb.us/b/297543

Mar 7 (Sat) 1 p.m.
    vs Louisiana Tech
    Stream: http://www.espn.com/watch?id=5f2e7cc...1-9256212767d3
    Radio: 97.5 FM/1240 AM (I think Goshockers was wrong -- might be 1330 AM) (https://goshockers.com/showcase?Live=4786)
    Live Stats: http://statb.us/b/297544

Mar 8 (Sun) 12 p.m.
    vs Louisiana Tech
    Stream: http://www.espn.com/watch?id=6a398d3...c-181757ebd9b5
    Radio: 97.5 FM/1240 AM (https://goshockers.com/showcase?Live=4787)
    Live stats: http://statb.us/b/297545

Louisiana Tech looks to my noobie eye to be quite a bit better than our previous competition. They beat Maine 26-3. That's no typo. Now Maine is not good, I get it, but that's still a boatload of runs.

1972Shocker should probably just preemptively post the defense gif again, because it's not too soon. I'm thinking our pitchers better eat their Wheaties the night before each match too.

Let's go Shox!!
    Last edited by Kung Wu; March 7, 2020, 01:04 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Also Goshockers keeps listing these games on Cox Yurview, but so far I haven't found a single one on there when I went to look for it. Has anybody else found our game live on Cox Yurview?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Also Goshockers keeps listing these games on Cox Yurview, but so far I haven't found a single one on there when I went to look for it. Has anybody else found our game live on Cox Yurview?
      I think they may be on the actual Cox TV Channel 22. I no longer have that service, so I can't confirm. I agree that I have not found any of the games at Yurview online. Many of them have been on WatchESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I think they may be on the actual Cox TV Channel 22. I no longer have that service, so I can't confirm. I agree that I have not found any of the games at Yurview online. Many of them have been on WatchESPN.
        Yeah, that's the only place I have found them. Which isn't terrible. Just have to have a subscription to ESPN+, but it's cheap and worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeah, that's the only place I have found them. Which isn't terrible. Just have to have a subscription to ESPN+, but it's cheap and worth it.
          For clarity:

You do not have to have an ESPN+ subscription, at least not for the games I have seen so far. You need a valid way to access WatchESPN, which generally includes subscription to cable as well as most every live TV streaming service (sling, huluLive, YouTubeTV, etc.)

ESPN+ is a separate subscription altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

For clarity:

You do not have to have an ESPN+ subscription, at least not for the games I have seen so far. You need a valid way to access WatchESPN, which generally includes subscription to cable as well as most every live TV streaming service (sling, huluLive, YouTubeTV, etc.)

ESPN+ is a separate subscription altogether.
            Oh really? I thought ESPN+ was what was allowing me to watch the games. I guess I forgot that I authenticated with YouTube TV.

Comment

Like cdizzle said, the games are on ESPN3/WatchESPN whatever you wanna call it. That makes it available to you as long as you have any form of ESPN with your cable/TV subscription. No games on ESPN+ this year (thank god) but that'll likely change next year.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This is an important series for the Shocks. The best or 2nd best team so far, Louisiana Tech will bring in a deep, talented and confident team to the Eck this weekend. RPI 71 (Warren Nolan) ELO 35. They can hit (.298 as a team), hit for power (.512 slugging, 19 dingers), run a little (15-24 shows aggressiveness at least), field it (.972) and really, really pitch (team ERA 2.42 and a WHIP .99). Opponents are hitting a measly .198 and they have a team K/BB ratio in excess of 3-1.

They will provide more than enough of a measuring stick to see where our team is after the softest portion of the schedule. Winning the series would be a very, very nice result.

A large, supportive, and loud crowd would be great for the program imho.

Comment

I'd like to get 1 this weekend. 2 and I'd be doing a happy dance. 3 and ShockerFever and I are going to the regional together.

I think even more importantly, I'd like to see them continue to not issue free passes. If LaTech hits the $hit out of us, so be it. And play fairly clean ball in the field. If we do that for 3 games, we should have a chance where a clutch hit or 2 would get a W.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    This is an important series for the Shocks. The best or 2nd best team so far, Louisiana Tech will bring in a deep, talented and confident team to the Eck this weekend. RPI 71 (Warren Nolan) ELO 35. They can hit (.298 as a team), hit for power (.512 slugging, 19 dingers), run a little (15-24 shows aggressiveness at least), field it (.972) and really, really pitch (team ERA 2.42 and a WHIP .99). Opponents are hitting a measly .198 and they have a team K/BB ratio in excess of 3-1.

They will provide more than enough of a measuring stick to see where our team is after the softest portion of the schedule. Winning the series would be a very, very nice result.

A large, supportive, and loud crowd would be great for the program imho.
                    Just a small caveat: Almost 60% of La Tech's run production was in a three-game stretch when they boatraced an apparently hapless 0-10 Maine team (RPI 249) by football scores of 19-0, 15-10, 26-3. Eleven of the team's 19 HRs were hit in those three games.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Just a small caveat: Almost 60% of La Tech's run production was in a three-game stretch when they boatraced an apparently hapless 0-10 Maine team (RPI 249) by football scores of 19-0, 15-10, 26-3. Eleven of the team's 19 HRs were hit in those three games.
                      So you are suggesting those numbers are outliers. In fact, I think you might be able to call them outliars with the impact they have on LaTech's early season stats.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Like cdizzle said, the games are on ESPN3/WatchESPN whatever you wanna call it. That makes it available to you as long as you have any form of ESPN with your cable/TV subscription. No games on ESPN+ this year (thank god) but that'll likely change next year.
                        For some companies, WatchESPN is included with your internet package. You don’t get any actual channels you subscribe to, but I know Comcast, Cox, and CentruryLink offer it that way. Not sure about AT&T.

I recommend logging into your account on the app and see what’s there, regardless of where you live and what internet you have. Worst case is you are in same boat as now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

So you are suggesting those numbers are outliers. In fact, I think you might be able to call them outliars with the impact they have on LaTech's early season stats.
                          Also of note, La Tech playing 0 true home games this year due to tornado taking out baseball/softball/soccer complexes.

Home away from home is a HS field for a couple midweek games, and Jackson, MS for home conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Also of note, La Tech playing 0 true home games this year due to tornado taking out baseball/softball/soccer complexes.
                            Ouch.

Comment

Now that the basketball team is NITing, I really need the baseball team to come through and do some overachieving this month. Let's get it rolling tomorrow please!
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X