Baseball: WSU vs Air Force (Mar 3,4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    What does it mean that Cornblum made a 6-4-3 double play? Not sure what the numbers were exactly. I know what a double play is, but what do the numbers mean?
    I didn't listen or see the play, but Cornblum fielded the ball, stepped on second base and threw to first base for the double play... or maybe he fielded the ball, threw to the second baseman who threw to first? It's been awhile, but I think either would be a "6-4-3 double play"... we have baseball experts that can correct me if I'm wrong.

1 – Pitcher
    2 – Catcher
    3 – First Baseman
    4 – Second Baseman
    5 – Third Baseman
    6 – Shortstop
    7 – Left Fielder
    8 – Center Fielder
    9 – Right Fielder

P.S. getting slow in my age.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I didn't listen or see the play, but Cornblum fielded the ball, stepped on second base and threw to first base for the double play... or maybe he fielded the ball, threw to the second baseman who threw to first? It's been awhile, but I think either would be a "6-4-3 double play"... we have baseball experts that can correct me if I'm wrong.

1 – Pitcher
      2 – Catcher
      3 – First Baseman
      4 – Second Baseman
      5 – Third Baseman
      6 – Shortstop
      7 – Left Fielder
      8 – Center Fielder
      9 – Right Fielder

P.S. getting slow in my age.
      Just to clarify a point, if the shortstop steps on the bag and throws to first, it would just be a 6-3 double play.

Comment

Hate it but I have to go, trust the Shocks will get six straight out with out giving up a runner.

Comment

nm
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Kung Wu - here's a 1-2 "double play"... found while searching for "double play" gifs. Review and delete if you wish.

Some of those pickoff/ rundowns can get pretty interesting to score..... What were we talking about again?

Comment

Insurance run wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Not really a fan of Katzfey's bunting decisions sometimes. And I'm about as big a bunt fan as you will ever find. If you're just trying to bunt your way on because you can't hit, let's give someone else a try.

Comment

I was just able to finally get some free time to fire up the video stream. Going to the top of the 9th already! Man I love this quicker pace!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Not really a fan of Katzfey's bunting decisions sometimes. And I'm about as big a bunt fan as you will ever find. If you're just trying to bunt your way on because you can't hit, let's give someone else a try.
                    And that is what that looked like. Now I don't mind a really fast guy who excels at bunting doing that but Jacob doesn;t fit that bill. Not sure we have anyone who does. VanVooren has the speed but not sure about his bunting skills.

Comment

• Katzfey is pretty fast. And he has done a great job of sac bunting when called upon this season. He also has 1 of 2 WSU hits and RBIs today, so I certainly don't mean to pick on him.

Comment

• Shox win 2-0.

Nice to match your shutout day to your poor hitting day and your offensive outburst day to your less clean pitching/D day. 9 straight! 10-2! Even given the schedule, that's real solid. If nothing else, they have done every bit of what they should have done.

Comment

• “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Shockers use a bit of smoke and mirrors to pull this one out. Games where the offense produces 3 total bases usually don't end this well. I'll take it.

Comment

• 2 Shocker runs on 2 hits. Efficient, right?

Still, major props to the pitching and defense for making that stand up. 1 free pass, no errors led to no Air Force runs in about 2:15 of gametime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                1 free pass, no errors led to no Air Force runs in about 2:15 of gametime.
                                That's big right there. For the most part this Shocker team is forcing its opponents to earn their runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X