No announcement yet.

Baseball: WSU vs Air Force (Mar 3,4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox gave up 6.1 free passes per game last season (walks+hit by pitch). They are currently at 3.8 per game this season. Hopefully this trend continues.

Comment

• This win is good considering Air Force had 8 hits (versus WSU 2 hits)
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
        This win is good considering Air Force had 8 hits (versus WSU 2 hits)
        Certainly the Air Force pitchers deserve a tip of the hat today. They were very effective.

Maybe we reverted back to a launch angle team today but I think I will just tip my hat to the Air Force guys. They got 'er done.

Comment

• 10-2 is a great start, but have you guys considered that HCEW can be mean sometimes?

lmao jk. Go Shox!

Comment

• I believe that is the longest winning streak since 2008, when Gene's boys ran off 19 straight mid-season on their way to a Super Regional at FSU.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• We should have a better idea what to make of this start in anther couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                10-2 is a great start, but have you guys considered that HCEW can be mean sometimes?
                I have direct knowledge of that from many players. Many, many players. So many. And both of them are MAD.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                  I believe that is the longest winning streak since 2008, when Gene's boys ran off 19 straight mid-season on their way to a Super Regional at FSU.
                  So what you're saying is.......

Comment

• Offense: WSU batters had 2 hits, AF had 8 hits (AF had the advantage)
                    Defense: WSU pitchers allowed 8 hits, AF allowed 2 hits (AF had the advantage)
                    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

I believe that is the longest winning streak since 2008
                      Also, weak schedule or not, I find it fooking hilarious that it took Wedge all of two and a half weeks with a leftover roster 6 guys short of a full squad to get this done.

Comment

• Hilarious in a sad clown kind of way.

Comment

I believe that is the longest winning streak since 2008, when Gene's boys ran off 19 straight mid-season on their way to a Super Regional at FSU.
                          Still have to be more consistent at the plate, but I'd feel a lot better about my tickets to Tampa if this current team could break that streak by 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            2 Shocker runs on 2 hits. Efficient, right?

Still, major props to the pitching and defense for making that stand up. 1 free pass, no errors led to no Air Force runs in about 2:15 of gametime.
                            And that is the key. 1 free pass is excellent and I’m about as giddy at that number as anything else.

Obviously a little worrisome to only squeeze out 2 hits with a midweek pitching staff from Air Force, but we’ll take it. Pitching and defense were outstanding, which has been Wedge’s philosophy.

Now, we’ll see what we have, starting on Friday. 2-hit days won’t get it done.
                            Last edited by ShockerFever; March 4, 2020, 06:06 PM.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

So what you're saying is.......
                              lol stop
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Okay, sorta guessed those were positions. Had no idea what they would map to if so, so that helps me a lot!
                                And when in doubt you can just call a double play "the pitchers best friend".

Comment

Working...
                                X