• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#TrustTheProcess

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      #TrustTheProcess
      Doc, did you stand up behind Cohen and Thompson to the very end too?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure I get the difference between the two situations Doc. Mediocre to bad coaches that resulted in bottom league finishes and no postseason. The only difference is that for some reason Butler has now been given SIX years, while the others were gone in a couple.

I guess that further proves my "athletic department doesn't give a rip about baseball" theory.

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        I have no idea what you're getting at Fev. You asked me if I stood up for 2 other coaches that have essentially zero similarities when compared with HCTB. One shattered the leg of a program. The other couldn't get it going again. Neither have anything to do with HCTB who has improved the last 2 seasons, had a winning season this season, has recruited better each year, and looks to have his best team next season. Likely with lots of professional talent. About as dissimilar to Cohen as you are to milquetoast in your postings.

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you really chastising me on my postings when you think he has his best team next season? So you really believe we could finish 6th next year huh?

It's easy to improve when you have a polished record of like 21-39 in the middle of one's coaching regime.

I just can't believe you're so tied to the hip with this guy. It's mind-boggling.

Not sure what to make of the supposed highest number of Shox drafted in a single year.
      It frankly surprised me. It also raises questions regarding why that talent does not translate to better performance in the AAC. I expect the Shox to be battling for the AAC title next year under the Butler. Don’t we all?
      We all want to be able to say with emphasis “The Butler did it!”

#koolaidtastesgood
      #TheButlerdidit
      Last edited by Veritas; June 8, 2018, 12:20 PM. Reason: Not good with hash

Comment

• SB Shock
        SB Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        We have been told that Butler has had some good recruiting classes - one class has been confirmed. Draft is about potential and body projection, not necessarily results on the field though.

Here are the two extreme takes

A. This just proves that Butler had a very talented class and he couldn’t win with it. So why would u expect him to be able to achieve anything greater in the future?

B. Butler junior class just proved that he can Recruit and develop players. It was not enough depth to get them over the hump this year, but with the talent that he has here now and incoming will allow the program to take the next step, better days, maybe even great days are ahead with some patience.

Where does the truth sit, A or B? Probably somewhere in between I guess.

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say F.

• shockfan89_
        shockfan89_ commented
        Editing a comment
        My question to the "B" crowd: Do you really think we have enough talent coming in next year to replace what we just lost? These were JRs and SRs, that in most cases, had started for 3 or 4 years? Maybe they will be as good in 3 or 4 years, but I don't see it happening next year.

My issue with the "B" crowd is that I used to believe their crap after year 2 and year 3 and even a little bit after year 4 with the group of JRs and SRs returning. Why would we continue to believe this same crap year after year when it never comes true?

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      #TrustTheProcess
      WTF?

T

...:cool:

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/CoachToddButler"][B]TODD BUTLER

Comment

Were your trying to post the tweet about Greyson Jenista signing with the Braves: https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1004868327506874374

Are the list of D-1 players drafted by team: https://twitter.com/Brian_ClemsonAC/...12410177327106
          Nornally having 11 players would be something to brag about but not sure it's wise to highlight that in a year you miss the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            It appears he left out UCF with 8.

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, WSU had the lowest RPI of any of those teams, include UCF who was left off the list.

One could have a number of different opinions regarding WSU being on this list, the # of players, and their RPI, none being positive and all justifiable. However, there is the slim chance all those opinions could be wrong.

Again, make your own conclusions.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Were your trying to post the tweet about Greyson Jenista signing with the Braves: https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1004868327506874374

Are the list of D-1 players drafted by team: https://twitter.com/Brian_ClemsonAC/...12410177327106
          Nornally having 11 players would be something to brag about but not sure it's wise to highlight that in a year you miss the NCAA Tournament.
          It's unquestionably wise. It's solid support for a recruiting narrative that WSU can increase your stock and get you into pro ball. Recruits are the most important audience, especially when you've already secured your job for another season.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            A reasonable point. Would be nice if we can generate a commensurate team performance between the lines while the guys are at Wichita State.

I think if you can wash, rinse and repeat on that it will eventually payoff especially if you have the strongest part of you draft with the pitching staff.

At this point it perhaps is simply a counter-balance to having a lame duck coach. This time next year will be decision time. ADDB will either have to commit to HCTB or move in another direction I would think. I guess he could let HCTB's contract run through its conclusion before making a move but I think next year will tell the tale one way or the other.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 8, 2018, 05:42 PM.

• Wuzee
            Wuzee commented
            Editing a comment
            100 percent agree, 72.

• shockfan89_
            shockfan89_ commented
            Editing a comment
            1972Shocker -Didn't we say the same thing at the end of last year...

Rumors mill reports Alec and the Phillies have reached an agreement to sign for $6 million.

MONDAY: Bohm's agreement is "done," Heyman tweets, and will come in at $5.85MM. FRIDAY: The Phillies have agreed to a bonus amount …

Comment

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox...draft-tracker/

6 (168): Codi Heuer, RHP, 6-5, 195, Wichita State
            • STATUS: Heuer reports via his Instagram that he has signed with the Sox

Pick value: $290,200

Heuer was Wichita State's Friday starter this spring, but did not have a dominant season. The big righty had a 4.31 ERA with 82 K, 37 BB in 79.1 IP. He has a good fastball that sits in the mid 90s, but his secondary stuff is as advanced. On the MLB.com draft stream, Jim Callis said he could be a reliever to allow his fastball to play better. Kendall Rogers of D1baseball.com said he likes Heuer better than most, saying he has a "very live, but very raw, arm" with a chance to "blow up as a pro player."

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              OK. I'm beating a dead horse, but how are we to take the comment about our junior pitcher: "very live, but very raw, arm"?

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
            Sam Houston alum and @GoShockersBSB OF Dayton Dugas (@DaytonDugas) tells me he'll forgo his senior season and sign with the @tigers after being drafted in the 16th round.

The Southwest Louisiana to MLB pipeline continued to grow Wednesday as former Sam Houston Bronco Dayton Dugas was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 2018 MLB Draft. Dugas was selected in the 16th round (465th overall). Dugas hit .250 this past season with Wichita State, collecting five home runs and 14 RBI. The Shocker burst onto the scene as a freshman in 2016 when he was named a Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American. Dugas hit .304 with 28 runs, 49 hits, 11 doubles, one t...

Comment

Looks like these 4 guys are the only remaining Shocker draftees whose decision to stay or go is still uncertain:
              Player Round Pick Team
              Keylan Killgore 17th 497th Philadelphia Phillies
              Luke Ritter 37th 1,114th Minnesota Twins
              Jake Plastiak (Signee) 28th 831st San Diego Padres
              Connery Peters (Signee) 38th 1,154th Los Angeles Dodgers

Connery Peters has indicated that he will attend college according to this post-draft report:

http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/s...43366ded1.html

"Before the draft, I had serious talks with a few teams but I told them I wanted to go to college, so I didn’t expect to get picked up,” Peters said. “I am going to attend Wichita State for the next three years and re-enter the draft.
              Jake Plastiak appears to be considering his options:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...607-story.html

Jake Plastiak, a recent Andrew grad, was chosen in the 28th round by the San Diego Padres. A 6-3 switch-hitting shortstop, Plastiak batted .430 with 39 runs, six doubles, five triples, five homers and 25 RBIs. He’ll have a decision to make whether to uphold his college commitment to Wichita State or turn pro.

“My dad was watching on MLB.com and he came into the living room and said, ‘Oh my God, you got drafted,’” Plastiak said. “I’m going to talk to my parents and my adviser and see what happens. For now, I’m going to celebrate with my family and enjoy the moment.”
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 9, 2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I expect to see both Connery and Jake in WSU uniforms this fall.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have your heard anything about Keylan and Luke? Keylan may have the toughest decision depending on what the Phillies offer him.

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nm

Alex has offcially signed with the Phillies for about $1 million under slot helping the Phillies sign some other draftees.

Alec Bohm got his first in-person look at Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday. “Definitely a hitter-friendly park,” he said. “I like it.” A week after the Phillies selected him third overall in the draft, Bohm is signed and ready to begin his pro career. The 6-5 third baseman from Wichita State University took a round of batting practice with the Phillies…

The Phillies signed Bohm for $5.85 million, under the slot value of $6.9 million assigned to the No. 3 pick. The Phillies used the extra signing bonus allotment to help sign high school shortstop Logan Simmons (sixth round) and high school catcher Logan O’Hoppe (23rd round) to over-slot deals. The Phils are close to signing high school pitcher Dominic Pipkin (ninth round).

Comment

Nice article on Jake Plastiak as he comtemplates his decision to play at WSU or sign with the Padres.

It was a typical Wednesday for Northwest Indiana Oilmen infielder Jake Plastiak. He was sitting on the couch and watching TV at his family’s home last week when his father, Michael, walked in…

Plastiak said he isn’t leaning in either direction. He has plenty of conversations to follow before he makes his pick.

“Ultimately, it’ll be my decision,” Plastiak said. “And I’m going to choose what I think will be the right decision for my baseball career and for my life.”

Comment

Jim Callis‏ @jimcallisMLB
                    6th-rder Codi Heuer's bonus w/@Royals = $260k (pick 168 value = $290,200). Wichita State RHP, 92-96 mph fastball, improved slider this spring, some feel for changeup too, command & arm action could make him a reliever. @MLBDraft

4:49 PM - 13 Jun 2018

Comment

Working...
                    X