NCAA Tournament Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoShockers89
    I wonder how the league feels about dragging its feet on DBU and not having them scheduled to be a full-fledged baseball only member by next year as was originally proposed.

I'm guessing milktoasty fair.

Comment

• AUSTIN, Texas - The No. 5 Texas Longhorns used exemplary staff pitching and timely hitting to punch their ticket to the NCAA Men's College World Series on Sunday by beating the Arizona State Sun Devils 4-2 at UFCU Disch-Falk Field in game three of the Austin Super Regional.

This marks the 34th College World Series berth for the Longhorns, an NCAA record.

-------------------------------------------------------

Longhorns: 49-17 W/L record for 2011.

Shockers: 39-26 W/L

overall: Augie - 1817 W
      Gene - 1763 W

-10 (so far) this year for Gene's quest to catch Augie.

not moving in the right direction, Gene.
      although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

• Originally posted by billybud
        Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Does this guy race home from Seminull Softball Stadium to come and post on a Wichita State message board?

I guess we're still looked up upon even after we've hit the shi**er.
        LOL....I can actually see the glow of the lights from my house. Too far for me to trot to but close enough for a 10 minute car ride.

The kind of bile you exhibit is corrosive....eats at you.

Take it from an old guy who has been around. I'm in my mid 60's, have finished a career, raised a family, done my time in the Corps...and now enjoy life. Life is too short to be angry.

Good luck next year...maybe we'll be discussing a super where your guys are participating.

I won't see all of the DBU game since it will start at 10:00 pm EDT...but I will watch three or four innings.
        Maybe you should have practiced what you preach 4 years ago when you came in here and bestowed your anger upon a Wichita State message board. That would have made you what... early 60's and there you were in the middle of message board banter.

Looks like another Seminull chokejob again unfolding. Enjoy the offseason.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
          Originally posted by shoxlax
          Two things that stand out to me as differences between our beloved Shockers and the teams in the Supers are execution of fundamentals and approaches to at bats by hitters.
          Amen. I think all the errors in the Super Regional games combined were less than one Shocker game that comes to mind.
          While that has generally been the case, you must not have watched the A&M-FSU game yesterday.

A&M was booting the ball all over the place while helping FSU score 23 runs. Very ugly baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989
            Originally posted by KC Shox
            Two things that stand out to me as differences between our beloved Shockers and the teams in the Supers are execution of fundamentals and approaches to at bats by hitters.
            Amen. I think all the errors in the Super Regional games combined were less than one Shocker game that comes to mind.
            While that has generally been the case, you must not have watched the A&M-FSU game yesterday.

A&M was booting the ball all over the place while helping FSU score 23 runs. Very ugly baseball.
            Did Texas A&M boot balls consistently like our fine club did or was that just a freak occurrence?

I guess we know the answer to that one. One of them is lying around on the couch watching baseball on tv, while the other is booking its tickets to Omaha.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
              Originally posted by shox1989

Did Texas A&M boot balls consistently like our fine club did or was that just a freak occurrence?

I guess we know the answer to that one. One of them is lying around on the couch watching baseball on tv, while the other is booking its tickets to Omaha.
              Neither one of those teams yesterday looked like they belonged in Omaha. That game was a travesty of a college baseball game. It is a shame that one of them had to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                Originally posted by shox1989

I really can't answer your question because that is the only time I have seen A&M play this year. But I can guess that they didn't usually play like that this year, there is no way they could have and made it this far.

A very ugly baseball game. The kind of game nobody deserved to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                  Interesting to see Cal in there. At the beginning of the season, the university cut baseball and this was going to be their last season. Then the alumni got together and donated millions of dollars to the program to keep it going. Nice little side story for that program.

The TV announcers during the DB-CAL game said that the CAL alumni raised over $9million to save their baseball program.

OVER $9 MILLION! That sounds like a lot of money for college baseball.

Comment

• Yep....FSU didin't belong in a super and most of us fans were happy to get that far...no pitching. Sad pitching.

Now, as far as execution by the Aggies/Noles...it was 102 yesterday with high humidity (and maybe higher on the field itself).

Absolutely brutal conditions in the late afternoon. The fans were great because it truly was miserable....

Comment

• Wah, wah. I hear the same weather excuse every year. It's June and it's hot. Wahhhhhh.

Come up here in February and March for baseball games. Then you can whine to me.

Lots of empty stands in another super regional at Tallahassee. And the same result. Another national seed chokejob at home. Another ACC superpower bites the dust.

I enjoyed every minute of that beatdown. Way ta go Aggies!
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jeez fella...

The crowds were fun (4,517), the weather was very hot...and yeah, FSU lost the super. Not a great showing, but you take the memories you can, and mine will be the 23 runs the Noles scored in Saturday's game against a pretty good team.

They lost, but they were in a super regional.

NO weather excuses here...just comments. Weather didn't make FSU pitching what it is.

The excuses about weather that I saw were after the Shocks played here....(and yesterday was an all time record for the date). Players do tire in those conditions and there were probably a few more bobbles and errors than usual. I do give Wacha massive credit for pitching well in the heat.

Comment

• Weather/temperature is a BS excuse. Both teams are playing with the same deck. It all boiled down to pitching (as usual) and A&M pitched better. I just wish the Shox could even sniff a regional appearance so I'm not sure why any of us would throw stones at a program that consistently has a chance to make it to the CWS.

Comment

• Keep bowing down to the big boys KC. Play to your strength.

Nobody is saying WSU is on the same level as FSU now. That's not what it's about, but I have the feeling you don't care as long as a BCS school throws you a scrap now and then.

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Comment

• KC Shox...I agree

It is/was pitching as I have maintained since the regionals. All Nole fans know that we have no pitching (as I mentioned in the regionals) and feel lucky to have gotten to a super.

The Aggies Wacha was terrific only allowing two runs...and that was twice as many as he allowed total in the previous 21 innings that he pitched going back through Arizona and the Kansas State game. He is a very good pitcher.

But still, the heat was really insufferable (as Shox fans noted when it was cooler in the Tallahassee super).

Comment

• billy, why don't they play night games? Or am I just missing it when they do?

Comment

Working...
                                X